/e17, The Window Manager and Desktop Shell
0.17.5nb1, Package name:
e17-0.17.5nb1, Maintainer: dieter.NetBSD
Enlightenment has grown to be much more than a window manager.
It has many systems that have grown on their own to support development
of the next version (0.17) and all the effort is going into solidifying
these systems to be more than solid to build on.
This has lead to a lot of code being produced that is useful far
and beyond a window manager. The idea is to share as much code
as possible with other programs, and so a small army of shared libraries
has evolved for Enlightenment. This page attempts to cover some
of these (especially the more interesting ones) to give a good insight
into why they exist, what they do, how to use them, and where they are going.
===========================================================================Required to run:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.NetBSD,v 1.3 2012/12/30 20:08:52 roelants Exp $
The "pam_pwauth_suid.so" module can be used to authenticate against
a shadow password database. Note that use of this module might
allow programs with your privileges to get a copy of your plaintext
password as typed in for unlocking.
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-07-15) Updated to version: e17-0.17.5nb1
- (2015-06-03) Package has been reborn
- (2015-06-03) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2013-11-18) Package has been reborn
- (2013-11-18) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2013-11-09) Updated to version: e17-0.17.5
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-07-14 22:30:07 by dieter roelants | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Comment out e17 dependency on evas-gif.
Remove (currently) broken evas-gif dependency for now.
| 2013-11-09 15:56:29 by dieter roelants | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Patch e17 to fix an annoying crash.
Add a patch for a crash that would occur with focus-follows-mouse,
when the cursor was being warped to a window while that window was
closing. I've been running with this patch for a few weeks, and I
have submitted it to https://phab.enlightenment.org/T322 .
| 2013-11-09 15:51:44 by dieter roelants | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update enlightenment (e17) to version 0.17.5.
The NEWS file only mentions the following, but git log indicates
there are more bug fixes.
Changes since 0.17.4:
* fixed stall on startup because xinerama started before randr
| 2013-09-15 19:31:16 by dieter roelants | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update enlightenment e17 to version 0.17.4.
NEWS doesn't list changes since 0.17.3.
Changes since 0.17.2:
* improve efm mouse movement detection for icons
* add check for vmware window in another spot to disable key remapping
* fixed theme bug which prevented windows from unshading
correctly when animations were disabled
Changes since 0.17.1:
* e_config_xkb functions
* e_xkb_layout API now deals directly with E_Config_XKB_Layout structs
* clock listens to /etc/timezone changes now too
* updated Catalan translations
* fixed window autoraise triggering from pointer slide
* fixed opening of links in filemanager in some cases
* filemanager now ignores changes to .part files
* fixed bugs where keyboard layouts could not be applied or selected
* fixed leak in profile list dbus method
* fixed behavior of Up/Down keys in filemanager when typebuf was visible
* fix possible crash in xkb rule parsing
* fix list update on deletion of personal app launchers
* fix button toggling in personal app launchers dialog
* fix bug where edge flips would stop functioning after dragging
to an invalid edge containing a shelf
* moved "allow windows above fullscreen windows" option to
geometry settings dialog
* fix filemanager efreet cache listeners and updates
* fix clock timerfd usage to actually detect date changes
* enable image preloading for all e_widget_preview using edje
* keyboard mapping change now also disables for window class "vmware"
* don't call efreet_menu_parse from a thread
* fixed bug where pointer warping to new clients would start
at a random location
* fix crash when locking screen from Start gadget and then
activating gadget again
* fixed bug where e_layout would ignore frozen state and crash
* fixed disable of input methods in input method config dialog
* fixed pointer warp when pointer was inside warp window but
not directly over it
* toolbar gadgets no longer crash when trying to display a popup
| 2013-03-12 08:54:06 by dieter roelants | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Fix e17 sleeping splash and lingering tempgets.
Fix 2 issues: the e17 splash screen never woke up and stayed on
screen until a timeout. Tempget processes started by the temperature
module, would never exit, when a new instance was spawned (e.g.
after reconfiguring). Both issues had the same cause, and have the
same solution; prefix the command to run with "exec" so that the
shell used to run them is replaced by the new process and the latter
becomes the child process. This was not an issue with bash or zsh,
because these shells seem to automatically exec when called with
-c followed by a simple command. Bump pkgrevision.
| 2013-02-20 18:54:15 by dieter roelants | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update e17 to 0.17.1.
Changes since 0.17.0:
* Mixer settings dialog is now resizable
* No longer build illume edj files
* Better messages in UI
* Added three more files for input methods used in asian countries
* Desktop->Shelves menu now shows shelf names
* Fixed crash when changing ibar source
* Fixed SIGFPE in tiling module and functionality of toggle_rows_count
* Fixed error in Evry when trying to call edje functions on non-edje object
* Fix construction of variant list for setxkbmap
* Fix E17 restart after manually monitoring it
* Fix build with uClibc
* Restore default keybindings no longer restores two bindings for ctrl+alt+f
* entry/scrollframe: Fixed issues with submembers.
* Fixed bug where keyboard resizing of windows would not be possible
if timeout was set to zero
* Fixed crash when clicking apply in wallpaper settings dialog and
no wallpaper is selected
* Fixed bug where disabled slider widgets could be changed with mouse wheel
* Fixed bug where fileman config slider widgets were not properly disabled
* Tasks gadgets now apply the selected style
* Fixed crash when changing desktops configuration
* fixed bug where window border insets were not applied to initial
positioning geometry, causing them to be placed incorrectly
* Fixed bug with desktop config profile where conf module version
variable was misnamed
* fixed bug where internal dialogs would not redraw after unfullscreening
* fixed bug where starting with a nonexistent config could cause
a crash instead of simply restarting
* fixed window border hide bug where after iconification hides leave ghosts
* fixed bug where backlight settings would try to update dummy
* fixed gadget dragging on desktop near screen edges
* fixed bug where "don't composite fullscreen windows" option would
cause some windows to stop appearing
* module error dialog is no longer remembered across restarts
* fix small leak in efm when performing dnd onto mounted drive icon
* fixed small leak in e_import_config_dialog_show during failure case
* fixed small leak in e_import_dialog_show during failure case
* fixed small leak in illume2 policy config
* fixed path setting in import dialog
* fixed possible NULL deref in desktop editor
* fixed possible NULL deref in e_sys when debugging
* fixed bug where dragging files into sidebar would move them
instead of creating links
| 2012-09-29 00:07:28 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (66) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
Mark packages that don't or might probably not have staged installation.
| 2012-07-03 13:35:45 by Vitaly Shevtsov | Files touched by this commit (1) |