/gtypist, Universal typing tutor
2.9.5, Package name:
gtypist-2.9.5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
GNU Typist (also called gtypist) is a universal typing tutor. You can learn
correct typing and improve your skills by practicing its exercises on a
regular basis. Its main features are:
- It is free software released under the GNU General Public License. In
addition, it is an official program of the GNU project.
- It comes with several typing tutorials: in Czech, English (Qwerty and Dvorak
keyboard), Russian and Spanish, as well as simpler exercices in German,
French and Norwegian.
- It interprets a simple and intuitive scripting language that describes typing
tutorials. You can easily modify existing tutorials or create new ones
according to your needs.
- It supports internationalization and already has an interface in Czech,
English, Finnish, French, German and Spanish.
- Users can navigate through lessons through an easy to use arrow key based
menu interface. 'vi' up, down, left and right keys can be used too!
- Thanks to its execution in text mode with the curses library, it can be
compiled and used on several operating systems, in particular on GNU/Linux
and GNU/HURD, on several variants of Unix, as well as on Windows/DOS with
the DJGPP compiler and the PDCURSES library.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-01-23) Package has been reborn
- (2016-01-21) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-09-07) Package has been reborn
- (2015-09-07) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-06-03) Package has been reborn
- (2015-06-03) Package deleted from pkgsrc
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-04-19 12:45:49 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update wip/gtypist to 2.9.5.
- now it depends on devel/ncursesw instead of devel/ncurses (for more
information please give a look to the official changelog below).
| 2012-11-26 00:32:07 by othyro | Files touched by this commit (67) |
Maintainer stated that no time is available to work on pkgsrc anymore, but
wouldn't mind seeing other people continue to maintain these packages.
Resetting to pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org
| 2012-09-29 02:50:33 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (158) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
Mark packages that don't or might probably not have staged installation.
| 2009-10-11 12:44:40 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (286) |
Remove obsolete @dirrm lines.
| 2009-05-19 11:00:04 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (67) |
Use standard location for LICENSE line (in MAINTAINER/HOMEPAGE/COMMENT
block). Uncomment some commented out LICENSE lines while here.
| 2009-02-21 23:59:25 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 2.8.3.
This release properly fixes a bug regarding rounding of error rates, which was
not fixed properly in the previous version.
A rounding error was fixed that was causing the user to "fail" a drill
despite having apparently met the error rate requirement. A
user-submitted Basque translation was added.
| 2007-10-26 14:42:36 by Hauke Fath | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Update HOMEPAGE, and use generic MASTER_SITES entry.
| 2007-05-24 07:02:02 by Jeremy C. Reed | Files touched by this commit (1) |
This uses makeinfo to build.
Reported by Ja'far Railton on pkgsrc-users.
Off-list he told me this fixes it.