/jedit, Text editor written in Java
5.3.0, Package name:
jedit-5.3.0, Maintainer: jared_pkgsrc
jEdit is a mature programmer's text editor with hundreds (counting the time
developing plugins) of person-years of development behind it. While jEdit beats
many expensive development tools for features and ease of use, it is released as
free software with full source code, provided under the terms of the GPL 2.0.
The jEdit core, together with a large collection of plugins is maintained by a
world-wide developer team.
Other features include:
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Hundreds of macros
and plugins available.
- Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the "plugin
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find in a
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-03-14) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version jedit-5.3.0 (created)