/netx, Free JNLP implementation
0.5, Package name:
netx-0.5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Netx is a high-quality implementation of the Java Network Launching Protocol
(JNLP). It downloads code over the network for applications and applets,
caches it, and runs it in a secure environment.
General Features of netx and JNLP:
* Quality: Highest quality open-source JNLP client.
* Modular: Easily add JNLP capabilities to any applications.
* Security: Run code in a sandbox or log its activities.
* Small Size: Loads from a ~130K JAR file.
* Auto-Update: No special code needed to auto-update apps.
* Fast startup: Runs code from a cache for fast starting.
* Saves Memory: Supports running apps in a shared JVM.
* No Browser: Runs apps and applets without a browser.
* Web Based: No installers needed to deploy an application.
Netx was designed from the ground-up to be a library for adding JNLP features
to other applications. This allows the API to be clean, simple, and easy to
use. Netx avoids the bloat and complication from application browsers and
other UIs because these are done by other apps such as the Java Start button
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-01-23) Package has been reborn
- (2016-01-21) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-09-07) Package has been reborn
- (2015-09-07) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-06-03) Package has been reborn
- (2015-06-03) Package deleted from pkgsrc
CVS history: (Expand)