Update 2.13.0 to 2.14.0
## Piwik 2.14.0
### Breaking Changes
* The `UserSettings` API has been removed. The API was deprecated in
earlier versions. Use `DevicesDetection`, `Resolution` and
`DevicePlugins` API instead.
* Many translations have been moved to the new Intl plugin. Most of them
will still work, but please update their usage. See
https://github.com/piwik/piwik/pull/8101 for a full list
### New features
opens the context menu if the `enabled` parameter of the
`enableLinkTracking()` method is set to `true`. To use this new feature
use `tracker.enableLinkTracking(true)` or
`_paq.push(['enableLinkTracking', true]);`. This is not industry
standard and is vulnerable to false positives since not every user will
select "Open in a new tab" when the context menu is shown. Most users
will do though and it will lead to more accurate results in most cases.
be used to obtain more accurate visit lengths by periodically sending
'ping' requests to Piwik. To use this feature use
`_paq.push(['enableHeartBeatTimer']);`. By default, a ping request will
be sent every 15 seconds. You can specify a custom ping delay (in
seconds) by passing an argument, eg,
* New custom segment `languageCode` that lets you segment visitors that
are using a particular language. Example values: `de`, `fr`, `en-gb`,
* Segment `userId` now supports any segment operator (previously only
operator Contains `=@` was supported for this segment).
### Commands updates
* The command `core:archive` now has two new parameter:
`--force-idsegments` and `--skip-idsegments` that let you force (or
skip) processing archives for one or several custom segments.
* The command `scheduled-tasks:run` now has an argument `task` that lets
you force run a particular scheduled task.
### Library updates
* Updated pChart library from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4. The files were moved from
the directory `libs/pChart2.1.3` to `libs/pChart`
### Internal change
* To execute UI tests "ImageMagick" is now required.
be used in the piwik.js tests.
Update 2.11.2 to 2.12.0
March 22, 2015
Piwik 2.12.0 is a new major release of Piwik! In this release we have focused
on security, performance, and data quality improvements.
Loading reports in the UI will be faster overall, as well as custom date range
reports and archiving. There were improvements made in both memory and CPU
When you create a new website in Piwik, it will now show instructions and
data has been tracked.
There is a new data quality tool: a console command to geo-locate any past
visits which don?t have geo-location data.
There are also important security improvements such as the one-click update
which will now be done over secure connection HTTPS, or the fact that the
token_auth will be removed from all of the log outputs.
If you use the ?Make it flat? feature, you may have noticed it was slow on
large datasets: from Piwik 2.12.0 the Flattened reports will now render quickly
even on the largest datasets (?Make it flat? is available via the bottom right
icon in most reports).
There are also several other bug fixes and improvements: 49 tickets have been
closed by 7 contributors! (see the list of issues below)
After You Update
* Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
* Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the
project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at
conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already
1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help
we can grow the community!
* To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
* Contact Piwik PRO for any enquiry or to learn more about making the most of
Piwik, and discover the Piwik Cloud and our Enterprise packages.
* We?re hiring! Piwik PRO, the company creating Piwik, is growing and looking
for talents (Remote work, or based in US/Canada, Germany, Poland or New
Zealand). See the Jobs at open source analytics company Piwik PRO
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers
learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes
since the last release.
In this 2.12.0 release there are breaking API changes (important read if you
are developing a Plugin), API deprecations, new features, new APIs, new console
Learn the details in Platform Changelog for Developers which lists all changes
to the platform and APIs (you can also find it in the CHANGELOG.md in the root
of your Piwik).
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 40 plugins extending Piwik but we
think this is just the beginning!
New and updated guides and FAQs
* New FAQ: How do I configure Piwik to use Redis for better scalability?
* New Blog post: Piwik PRO is hiring a Technical Support Specialist (Remote)
* How do I configure Piwik Tracking for high reliability?
* How can I move Piwik from one server to another, also migrating the data
from one mysql server to another?
* How do I apply accurate geolocation to old visits, tracked before I enabled
* Jobs at open source analytics company Piwik PRO
List of 49 tickets closed in Piwik 2.12.0
* #7327 Update Piwik over HTTPS [by @mnapoli]
* #6763 How to make hierarchical tables scale? (flatten, search, sub tables)
* #6846 Investigate if there are any memory leak in the Archiving process
(yearly archives run out of memory)
* #4768 Custom date range reports are slow: how to make them archive faster?
* #6544 Keeping CI builds green at all times for all our repositories
* #7437 % of user with Cookie can be more than 100% [by @mnapoli]
* #7368 When UserID is set to empty string, actions maybe added to the same
UserID visit [by @mattab]
* #6359 Make UsersManager.getSitesAccessFromUser work for SuperUsers [by
* #5277 Remove token_auth from archive.log [by @mnapoli]
* #7087 Show Tracking Code Generator / Notification as long as no visit for a
website is tracked [by @mnapoli]
* #7381 Geolocating existing log entries attribution task [by @diosmosis]
* #7209 Duplicate actions are logged for lower/upper case encoded URL
* #6821 Truncation of labels on datatables leads to labels changed to ??? [by
* #7402 Do not set user id when it?s set to empty string [by @mattab]
* #6638 Computation load after adding new segments on long existing Piwik
* #7223 New INI setting to define how far back to pre-process segments
reports [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
* #4757 Date range longer than 1 year, should use the yearly reports instead
of 12 months reports
* #7452 Fix Sort filters are sometimes applied multiple times [by @tsteur,
* #7120 Flattening Referrers.getWebsites is very slow and needs lot of memory
* #6758 Live.getCounters times out on very large instance [by @tsteur]
* #5098 ?Make it flat? actions/pages report eats server resources when
there?s a large amount of data [by @tsteur]
* #7468 Faster archiving by calculating the recursive count only if needed
[by @tsteur, @mattab]
* #7465 Various performance improvements and bugfixes. [by @tsteur, @mattab]
* #7435 Do not rename columns twice when aggregating dataTable records [by
* #7409 Made reports faster when flat=1 is used. [by @tsteur, @mattab]
* #7387 Run queued filters after generic filters making visualizations much
faster [by @tsteur, @mattab]
* #7336 Faster flatten for some reports [by @tsteur, @mattab]
* #7432 Make direct links work even if login is required [by @sgiehl]
* #7408 Dependency injection in widgets, menus, settings and tasks [by
* #7407 Dependency injection in API classes [by @mnapoli]
* #6676 Discontinue git.piwik.org service
* #7276 during core:update display SQL queries as they are executed [by
* #7393 extend command ?development:sync-ui-test-screenshots? to sync UI
screenshots of Plugins [by @mattab]
* #7391 Remove coveralls test coverage from plugin travis CI configs [by
* #7377 refactor archive purging for clarity and resilience. [by @diosmosis,
* #7163 Move Log Analytics import_logs.py in its own repository [by @mattab,
* #6932 New FAQ How do I configure Piwik to use Redis for better scalability?
* #7486 core:archive outputs message ?sh: /bin/uname: Permission denied? [by
* #7431 Popovers should not open on login page [by @sgiehl]
* #7395 curl_exec: Resolving timed out after 3153 milliseconds. Hostname
requested was: plugins.piwik.org [by @mattab]
* #7356 Cron: [InvalidArgumentException] There are no commands defined in the
?core? namespace. [by @mnapoli]
* #7230 The arrows are displayed incorrectly on Chrome [by @mnapoli]
* #7475 Extend login nav with custom templates [by @czolnowski, @mattab]
* #7462 OPTIMIZE TABLES should be run against mariadb instances that support
it [by @diosmosis]
* #7461 Removing misc/log-analytics directory and replace w/ submodule. [by
* #7425 [automatic translation update] Updated 40 strings in 5 languages (sv,
ca, es, de, da) [by @sgiehl]
* #7412 Typo in error message: functionnality [by @mattab, @claytondaley]
* #7403 Load translations in core\Console.php so translations are accessible
to console commands. [by @diosmosis]
* #7353 Composer install fails for Piwik 2.10.0