/dwm, Dynamic window manager
6.1, Package name:
dwm-6.1, Maintainer: leot
dwm is a dynamic window manager for X. It manages windows in tiled,
monocle and floating layouts. All of the layouts can be applied
dynamically, optimising the environment for the application in use
and the task performed.
In tiled layout windows are managed in a master and stacking area.
The master area contains the window which currently needs most
attention, whereas the stacking area contains all other windows.
In monocle layout all windows are maximised to the screen size. In
floating layout windows can be resized and moved freely.
Windows are grouped by tags. Each window can be tagged with one or
multiple tags. Selecting certain tags displays all windows with
Each screen contains a small status bar which displays all available
tags, the layout, the number of visible windows, the title of the
focused window, and the text read from the root window name property,
if the screen is focused.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-11-11) Updated to version: dwm-6.1
- (2012-02-03) Updated to version: dwm-6.0
- (2011-08-08) Updated to version: dwm-5.9
- (2011-06-17) Updated to version: dwm-5.8.2
- (2009-10-18) Updated to version: dwm-5.7.2
- (2009-08-02) Updated to version: dwm-5.6.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-02-17 10:53:50 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 to CPPFLAGS in order to hopefully fix build issues on
#error "Compiler or options invalid for pre-UNIX 03 X/Open applications"
While here also delete not need NO_CONFIGURE and convert SUBST_STAGE to
Thanks to jperkin@ (possible mistakes are mine).
| 2015-11-11 17:12:10 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update wm/dwm to 6.1.
- Now uses Xft for font rendering by default with fallback-font
support, this also allows anti-aliased fonts and such.
The font string matching will be different, check out
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/fon … -user.html
for the font string syntax, huge thanks to Eric Pruitt and the other
people who worked on the dwm-xft patch (previously on the wiki).
- Uses a shared libdraw codebase (also used for dmenu right now).
- _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW improvements (Andreas Amanns).
- _NET_CLIENT_LIST support (Andreas Amanns).
- Spawn dmenu on the selected monitor in dwm (dmenu -m option).
- Use st as default terminal from now on (used to be xterm).
- Barwin memory leak fix (Eckehard Berns).
- Drw_text width check fix (Jochen).
- Setfullscreen: don't process the property twice (Quentin Rameau,
- Smoother resizing of floating windows (capped at 60fps), (Hiltjo).
- Unfocus on slow sloppy monitor focus (Connor Lane Smith).
- config.mk: add $FREETYPELIBS and $FREETYPEINC, simpler to override
(ports and *BSDs).
| 2015-11-03 00:42:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (90) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for wm category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2012-10-08 14:42:26 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (87) |
Drop PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT setting, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-02-02 22:50:18 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to dwm 6.0
From Bug Hunting in PR pkg/45737
Changes in the 6.0:
- several Xinerama fixes;
- a new approach to hide clients into negative space rather than positive;
- the return of the nmaster functionality (Mod1-i, Mod1-d);
- better EWHM support for floating windows;
- fixed sloppy focussing of empty screens;
- a new default color scheme (actually a new old one, now bluedark rather than
| 2011-08-07 22:58:40 by Guillaume Lasmayous | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update wm/dwm to 5.9
Per PR pkg/45218 from Bug Hunting.
I've been unable to find an upstream changelog.
many bugfixes as far as I can tell from
| 2011-06-17 13:59:57 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update dwm to 5.8.2.
with minor two fixes.
PR#44987 by Bug Hunting
5.8.2 30 May 2010
Changes: Implemented better fullscreen handling.
5.8.1 29 May 2010 18:29
Changes: Yesterday's fullscreen fixes broke certain fullscreen capabilities
that worked correctly for mplayer and other tools. This is fixed in this
5.8 28 May 2010 15:11
Changes: This release fixes several fullscreen application bugs and contains
various code cleanups.
| 2009-10-18 14:15:18 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Maintainer update to dwm-5.7.2.
o another fix for setlayout from Ryan Zheng
o fixes layout symbol updating mechanism during setlayout
o code cleanups and several minor improvements
o layout symbol can be modified by the arrange function of a layout
o new updategeom() algorithm rewritten from scratch