/evilwm, Minimalist Window Manager for X
1.1.1, Package name:
evilwm-1.1.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
evilwm is a minimalist window manager for the X Window System.
* No window decorations apart from a simple 1 pixel border.
* No icons.
* Good keyboard control, including repositioning and maximise toggles.
* Solid window drags (compile time option - may be slow on old machines).
* Virtual desktops (compile time option).
* Small binary size (even with everything turned on).
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-07-30) Updated to version: evilwm-1.1.1
- (2011-11-19) Updated to version: evilwm-1.1.0
- (2010-08-14) Updated to version: evilwm-1.0.1
- (2008-01-11) Updated to version: evilwm-1.0.0
- (2008-01-04) Updated to version: evilwm-1.0.0
- (2006-04-27) Updated to version: evilwm-0.99.25
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-03 00:42:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (90) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for wm category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-07-29 19:12:31 by Youri Mouton | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.1.1:
Version 1.1.1, Mon Jul 13 2015
* Revert client lowering behaviour from 1.1.0. Also fixes a build error
when virtual desktops are disabled.
* Change default to not warp pointer.
* Don't automatically focus notification windows.
* Don't automatically focus dock windows.
| 2012-10-23 12:24:24 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (215) |
Remove xextproto/buildlink3.mk in most cases where it occurs with
libXext/buildlink3.mk, now that it is included there.
Leave the places where its API version is set or variables from it
are used directly (about 3 packages).
| 2012-10-08 14:42:26 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (87) |
Drop PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT setting, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2011-11-28 01:06:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (8) |
Reset maintainer, sketch resigned.
| 2011-11-18 20:52:53 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.1.0, changes since 1.0.1:
* Respect maximise states while resizing
* Add basic .desktop file
* Add configuration file
$HOME/.evilwmrc - options are one per line, omitting leading dash.
* Add long alternatives to -g, -v and -s
-geometry, -vdesk and -sticky.
* Record pre-maximisation dimensions in evilwm-specific window properties
_EVILWM_UNMAXIMISED_HORZ and _EVILWM_UNMAXIMISED_VERT.
* Extensive EWMH support. See doc/standards.html for details.
* Mostly new Makefile
* Clean up terminology: use "fixed" instead of "sticky": \
the term "sticky" to mean something different.
* Add ability to toggle visible state of docks with Ctrl+Alt+D
Usually apps like pagers or launch bars.
* Add -dock option to force app to be considered a dock
* Snap-to-border and colourmap support no longer optional
Though -snap still defaults to 0 (off).
* fix: drawing window outline with border_width > 1 [David Flynn]
(bottom and right edges wouldn't encompass the border)
* build: enable out-of-tree builds [David Flynn]
* build: enable ISO c99 [David Flynn]
* Fix snapping on multiple screens [Ben Stern]
* Window gravity behviour fixes.
* Remove warning about strict-aliasing rules [Larry Doolittle]
| 2010-08-13 21:15:53 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to evilwm-1.0.1
*** Changes between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1:
Wed Mar 11 15:41:02 GMT 2009 Ciaran Anscomb <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* XFlush() shouldn't be required in interruptibleXNextEvent()
Thu Nov 20 11:17:07 GMT 2008 Larry Doolittle <>
* Fix interaction with X and signal handler
Larry Doolittle encountered a problem with the signal handler's
interaction with later versions of X.org and submitted this patch. It
adds an interruptible version of XNextEvent() borrowed from the Blender
source code (copyright Mark J. Kilgard) that allows a more graceful
exit from the main event loop rather than getting the signal handler to
| 2009-06-14 20:19:03 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (64) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs