/py-mechanize, Stateful programmatic web browsing in Python
0.2.5, Package name:
py27-mechanize-0.2.5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Stateful programmatic web browsing, after Andy Lester's Perl module
The library is layered: mechanize.Browser (stateful web browser),
mechanize.UserAgent (configurable URL opener), plus urllib2 handlers.
Features include: ftp:, http: and file: URL schemes, browser history,
high-level hyperlink and HTML form support, HTTP cookies, HTTP-EQUIV
and Refresh, Referer [sic] header, robots.txt, redirections, proxies,
and Basic and Digest HTTP authentication. mechanize's response
objects are (lazily-) .seek()able and still work after .close().
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2012-04-10) Updated to version: py27-mechanize-0.2.5
- (2011-11-26) Updated to version: py26-mechanize-0.2.5
- (2011-11-25) Updated to version: py26-mechanize-0.1.11nb1
- (2011-02-25) Updated to version: py26-mechanize-0.1.11
- (2009-10-11) Updated to version: py25-mechanize-0.1.11
- (2009-02-09) Updated to version: py25-mechanize-0.1.10
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-05-09 09:37:28 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (553) |
Mark packages that are not ready for python-3.3 also not ready for 3.4,
until proven otherwise.
| 2014-01-25 11:30:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (533) | |
Mark packages as not ready for python-3.x where applicable;
either because they themselves are not ready or because a
dependency isn't. This is annotated by
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # not yet ported as of x.y.z
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # py-foo, py-bar
respectively, please use the same style for other packages,
and check during updates.
Use versioned_dependencies.mk where applicable.
Use REPLACE_PYTHON instead of handcoded alternatives, where applicable.
Reorder Makefile sections into standard order, where applicable.
Remove PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCLUDE_3X lines since that will be default
with the next commit.
Whitespace cleanups and other nits corrected, where necessary.
| 2012-10-28 07:31:10 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (600) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2011-11-26 10:18:26 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update py-mechanize to 0.2.5.
(added test target)
2011-03-31 John J Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 0.2.5 release.
* This is essentially a no-changes release to fix easy_install
breakage caused by a SourceForge issue
* Sourceforge is returning invalid HTTP responses, make download
links point to PyPI instead
* Include cookietest.cgi in source distribution
* Note new IETF cookie standardisation effort
2010-10-28 John J Lee <email@example.com>
* 0.2.4 release.
* Fix IndexError on empty Content-type header value. (GH-18)
* Fall back to another encoding if an unknown one is declared.
Fixes traceback on unknoqn encoding in Content-type header.
2010-10-16 John J Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 0.2.3 release.
* Fix str(ParseError()) traceback. (GH-25)
* Add equality methods to mechanize.Cookie . (GH-29)
2010-07-17 John J Lee <email@example.com>
* 0.2.2 release.
* Officially support Python 2.7 (no changes were required)
* Fix TypeError on .open()ing ftp: URL (only affects Python 2.4
* Don't include HTTPSHandler in __all__ if it's not available
2010-05-16 John J Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 0.2.1 release.
* API change: Change argument order of
HTTPRedirectHandler.redirect_request() to match urllib2.
* Fix failure to use bundled BeautifulSoup for forms. (GH-15)
* Fix default cookie path where request path has query containing
/ character. (http://bugs.python.org/issue3704)
* Fix failure to raise on click for nonexistent label. (GH-16)
* Documentation fixes.
2010-04-22 John J Lee <email@example.com>
* 0.2.0 release.
* Behaviour change: merged upstream urllib2 change (allegedly a
"bug fix") to return a response for all 2** HTTP responses (e.g.
206 Partial Content). Previously, only 200 caused a response
object to be returned. All other HTTP response codes resulted
in a response object being raised as an exception.
* Behaviour change: Use of mechanize classes with `urllib2` (and
vice-versa) is no longer supported. However, existing classes
implementing the urllib2 Handler interface are likely to work
unchanged with mechanize. Removed RequestUpgradeProcessor,
* ClientForm has been merged into mechanize. This means that
mechanize has no dependencies other than Python itself. The
ClientForm API is still available -- to switch from ClientForm to
mechanize, just s/ClientForm/mechanize in your source code, and
ensure any use of the module logging logger named "ClientForm" is
updated to use the new logger name "mechanize.forms". I probably
won't do further standalone releases of ClientForm.
* Stop monkey-patching Python stdlib.
* Merge fixes from urllib2 trunk
* Close file objects on .read() failure in .retrieve()
* Fix a python 2.4 bug due to buggy urllib.splithost
* Fix Python 2.4 syntax error in _firefox3cookiejar
* Fix __init__.py typo that hid mechanize.seek_wrapped_response and
* Fix an obvious bug with experimental firefox 3 cookiejar support.
It's still experimental and not properly tested.
* Change documentation to not require a .port attribute on request
objects, since that's unused.
* Doc fixes
* Added mechanize.urljoin (RFC 3986 compliant function for joining
a base URI with a URI reference)
* Merge of ClientForm (see above).
* Moved to git (from SVN) http://github.com/jjlee/mechanize
* Created an issue tracker http://github.com/jjlee/mechanize/issues
* Docs are now in markdown format (thanks John Gabriele).
* Website rearranged. The old website has been archived at
http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/old/ . The new website is
essentially just the mechanize pages, rearranged and cleaned up a
* Source code rearranged for easier merging with upstream urllib2
* Fully automated release process.
* New test runner. Single test suite; tests create their own HTTP
server fixtures (server fixtures are cached where possible for
| 2011-11-25 14:29:43 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Add missing dependency on py-ClientForm.
| 2011-02-25 10:47:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (67) |
Let's assume for now that everything that worked with python-2.6 also
works with python-2.7.
| 2009-10-11 10:32:05 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.1.11:
2009-02-07 John J Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 0.1.11 release.
* Fix quadratic performance in number of .read() calls (and add an
automated performance test).
| 2009-09-22 02:56:15 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |