/py-mechanize, Stateful programmatic web browsing in Python
0.2.5, Package name:
py27-mechanize-0.2.5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Stateful programmatic web browsing, after Andy Lester's Perl module
The library is layered: mechanize.Browser (stateful web browser),
mechanize.UserAgent (configurable URL opener), plus urllib2 handlers.
Features include: ftp:, http: and file: URL schemes, browser history,
high-level hyperlink and HTML form support, HTTP cookies, HTTP-EQUIV
and Refresh, Referer [sic] header, robots.txt, redirections, proxies,
and Basic and Digest HTTP authentication. mechanize's response
objects are (lazily-) .seek()able and still work after .close().
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2012-04-10) Updated to version: py27-mechanize-0.2.5
- (2011-11-26) Updated to version: py26-mechanize-0.2.5
- (2011-11-25) Updated to version: py26-mechanize-0.1.11nb1
- (2011-02-25) Updated to version: py26-mechanize-0.1.11
- (2009-10-11) Updated to version: py25-mechanize-0.1.11
- (2009-02-09) Updated to version: py25-mechanize-0.1.10
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-12-05 22:26:09 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (578) |
Extend PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE to 35
| 2015-11-04 03:47:43 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (758) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for www category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package haskell-cgi: missing distfile haskell-cgi-20001206.tar.gz
Package nginx: missing distfile array-var-nginx-module-0.04.tar.gz
Package nginx: missing distfile encrypted-session-nginx-module-0.04.tar.gz
Package nginx: missing distfile headers-more-nginx-module-0.261.tar.gz
Package nginx: missing distfile nginx_http_push_module-0.692.tar.gz
Package nginx: missing distfile set-misc-nginx-module-0.29.tar.gz
Package nginx-devel: missing distfile echo-nginx-module-0.58.tar.gz
Package nginx-devel: missing distfile form-input-nginx-module-0.11.tar.gz
Package nginx-devel: missing distfile lua-nginx-module-0.9.16.tar.gz
Package nginx-devel: missing distfile nginx_http_push_module-0.692.tar.gz
Package nginx-devel: missing distfile set-misc-nginx-module-0.29.tar.gz
Package php-owncloud: missing distfile owncloud-8.2.0.tar.bz2
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-05-09 09:37:28 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (553) |
Mark packages that are not ready for python-3.3 also not ready for 3.4,
until proven otherwise.
| 2014-01-25 11:30:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (533) | |
Mark packages as not ready for python-3.x where applicable;
either because they themselves are not ready or because a
dependency isn't. This is annotated by
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # not yet ported as of x.y.z
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # py-foo, py-bar
respectively, please use the same style for other packages,
and check during updates.
Use versioned_dependencies.mk where applicable.
Use REPLACE_PYTHON instead of handcoded alternatives, where applicable.
Reorder Makefile sections into standard order, where applicable.
Remove PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCLUDE_3X lines since that will be default
with the next commit.
Whitespace cleanups and other nits corrected, where necessary.
| 2012-10-28 07:31:10 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (600) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2011-11-26 10:18:26 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update py-mechanize to 0.2.5.
(added test target)
2011-03-31 John J Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 0.2.5 release.
* This is essentially a no-changes release to fix easy_install
breakage caused by a SourceForge issue
* Sourceforge is returning invalid HTTP responses, make download
links point to PyPI instead
* Include cookietest.cgi in source distribution
* Note new IETF cookie standardisation effort
2010-10-28 John J Lee <email@example.com>
* 0.2.4 release.
* Fix IndexError on empty Content-type header value. (GH-18)
* Fall back to another encoding if an unknown one is declared.
Fixes traceback on unknoqn encoding in Content-type header.
2010-10-16 John J Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 0.2.3 release.
* Fix str(ParseError()) traceback. (GH-25)
* Add equality methods to mechanize.Cookie . (GH-29)
2010-07-17 John J Lee <email@example.com>
* 0.2.2 release.
* Officially support Python 2.7 (no changes were required)
* Fix TypeError on .open()ing ftp: URL (only affects Python 2.4
* Don't include HTTPSHandler in __all__ if it's not available
2010-05-16 John J Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 0.2.1 release.
* API change: Change argument order of
HTTPRedirectHandler.redirect_request() to match urllib2.
* Fix failure to use bundled BeautifulSoup for forms. (GH-15)
* Fix default cookie path where request path has query containing
/ character. (http://bugs.python.org/issue3704)
* Fix failure to raise on click for nonexistent label. (GH-16)
* Documentation fixes.
2010-04-22 John J Lee <email@example.com>
* 0.2.0 release.
* Behaviour change: merged upstream urllib2 change (allegedly a
"bug fix") to return a response for all 2** HTTP responses (e.g.
206 Partial Content). Previously, only 200 caused a response
object to be returned. All other HTTP response codes resulted
in a response object being raised as an exception.
* Behaviour change: Use of mechanize classes with `urllib2` (and
vice-versa) is no longer supported. However, existing classes
implementing the urllib2 Handler interface are likely to work
unchanged with mechanize. Removed RequestUpgradeProcessor,
* ClientForm has been merged into mechanize. This means that
mechanize has no dependencies other than Python itself. The
ClientForm API is still available -- to switch from ClientForm to
mechanize, just s/ClientForm/mechanize in your source code, and
ensure any use of the module logging logger named "ClientForm" is
updated to use the new logger name "mechanize.forms". I probably
won't do further standalone releases of ClientForm.
* Stop monkey-patching Python stdlib.
* Merge fixes from urllib2 trunk
* Close file objects on .read() failure in .retrieve()
* Fix a python 2.4 bug due to buggy urllib.splithost
* Fix Python 2.4 syntax error in _firefox3cookiejar
* Fix __init__.py typo that hid mechanize.seek_wrapped_response and
* Fix an obvious bug with experimental firefox 3 cookiejar support.
It's still experimental and not properly tested.
* Change documentation to not require a .port attribute on request
objects, since that's unused.
* Doc fixes
* Added mechanize.urljoin (RFC 3986 compliant function for joining
a base URI with a URI reference)
* Merge of ClientForm (see above).
* Moved to git (from SVN) http://github.com/jjlee/mechanize
* Created an issue tracker http://github.com/jjlee/mechanize/issues
* Docs are now in markdown format (thanks John Gabriele).
* Website rearranged. The old website has been archived at
http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/old/ . The new website is
essentially just the mechanize pages, rearranged and cleaned up a
* Source code rearranged for easier merging with upstream urllib2
* Fully automated release process.
* New test runner. Single test suite; tests create their own HTTP
server fixtures (server fixtures are cached where possible for
| 2011-11-25 14:29:43 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Add missing dependency on py-ClientForm.
| 2011-02-25 10:47:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (67) |
Let's assume for now that everything that worked with python-2.6 also
works with python-2.7.