Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
From: S.P.Zeidler
Date: 2013-03-23 20:00:31
Message id:

Log Message:
update gits version to one that fixes


Fixes since v1.8.1.2

 * The attribute mechanism didn't allow limiting attributes to be
   applied to only a single directory itself with "path/" like the
   exclude mechanism does. The fix for this in had
   performance degradations.

 * Command line completion code was inadvertently made incompatible with
   older versions of bash by using a newer array notation.

 * Scripts to test bash completion was inherently flaky as it was
   affected by whatever random things the user may have on $PATH.

 * A fix was added to the build procedure to work around buggy
   versions of ccache broke the auto-generation of dependencies, which
   unfortunately is still relevant because some people use ancient

 * We used to stuff "user@" and then append what we read from
   /etc/mailname to come up with a default e-mail ident, but a bug
   lost the "user@" part.

 * "git am" did not parse datestamp correctly from Hg generated patch,
   when it is run in a locale outside C (or en).

 * Attempt to "branch --edit-description" an existing branch, while
   being on a detached HEAD, errored out.

 * "git cherry-pick" did not replay a root commit to an unborn branch.

 * We forgot to close the file descriptor reading from "gpg" output,
   killing "git log --show-signature" on a long history.

 * "git rebase --preserve-merges" lost empty merges in recent versions
   of Git.

 * Rebasing the history of superproject with change in the submodule
   has been broken since v1.7.12.

 * A failure to push due to non-ff while on an unborn branch
   dereferenced a NULL pointer when showing an error message.

Also contains various documentation fixes.

Fixes since v1.8.1.3

 * "git imap-send" talking over imaps:// did make sure it received a
   valid certificate from the other end, but did not check if the
   certificate matched the host it thought it was talking to.

Also contains various documentation fixes.

Fixes since v1.8.1.4

 * Given a string with a multi-byte character that begins with '-' on
   the command line where an option is expected, the option parser
   used just one byte of the unknown letter when reporting an error.

 * In v1.8.1, the attribute parser was tightened too restrictive to
   error out upon seeing an entry that begins with an ! (exclamation),
   which may confuse users to expect a "negative match", which does
   not exist. This has been demoted to a warning; such an entry is
   still ignored.

 * "git apply --summary" has been taught to make sure the similarity
   value shown in its output is sensible, even when the input had a
   bogus value.

 * "git clean" showed what it was going to do, but sometimes ended
   up finding that it was not allowed to do so, which resulted in a
   confusing output (e.g. after saying that it will remove an
   untracked directory, it found an embedded git repository there
   which it is not allowed to remove). It now performs the actions
   and then reports the outcome more faithfully.

 * "git clone" used to allow --bare and --separate-git-dir=$there
   options at the same time, which was nonsensical.

 * "git cvsimport" mishandled timestamps at DST boundary.

 * We used to have an arbitrary 32 limit for combined diff input,
   resulting in incorrect number of leading colons shown when showing
   the "--raw --cc" output.

 * The smart HTTP clients forgot to verify the content-type that comes
   back from the server side to make sure that the request is being
   handled properly.

 * "git help remote-helpers" failed to find the documentation.

 * "gitweb" pages served over HTTPS, when configured to show picon or
   gravatar, referred to these external resources to be fetched via
   HTTP, resulting in mixed contents warning in browsers.

Also contains various documentation fixes.