/cabextract, Microsoft cabinet (.CAB) file extractor
1.6, Package name:
cabextract-1.6, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft
cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an
embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files).
cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on
the command line
To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only give
the first file as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically
look for the remaining files.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-03-28) Updated to version: cabextract-1.6
- (2015-01-29) Updated to version: cabextract-1.5
- (2011-05-16) Updated to version: cabextract-1.4
- (2011-02-09) Updated to version: cabextract-1.3nb1
- (2010-07-24) Updated to version: cabextract-1.3
- (2006-09-24) Updated to version: cabextract-1.2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-03 01:56:27 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (93) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for archivers category
Problems found with existing distfile for eagle:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-03-27 17:49:55 by Benny Siegert | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
SECURITY: Update cabextract to 1.6.
It fixes CVE-2015-2060, a directory traversal vulnerability.
A CAB file with overlong UTF-8 encodings for "/" can get its files \
an absolute path instead of the current directory. [Debian bug #778753]
Under Cygwin, a CAB file using both "/" and "\" can evade \
checks for absolute
files and "../" directory traversals and can get its files extracted to any
| 2015-01-29 14:28:28 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.5:
New in 1.5
* cabextract replaces bad Unicode characters in filenames with the
standard Unicode replacement character
* wince_rename now puts files under the correct installation path
* Several crashes and hangs were found by Debian project members
using the afl (American fuzzy lop) tool to generate corrupt
cabinet files. These crashes and hangs have been fixed.
| 2014-10-09 16:07:17 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1163) |
Remove pkgviews: don't set PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES in Makefiles.
| 2012-09-11 21:47:04 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (95) |
"user-destdir" is default these days
| 2011-05-13 06:10:47 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
* A bug in the LZX decompressor was fixed.
* cabextract is now more tolerant when processing cabinet sets.
* cabextract is now compatible with even more compilers, and
now supports 64-bit file I/O on platforms where it's completely
native, like Mac OS X 10.6 and Fedora x86_64.
* cabextract will no longer print "library not compiled to support
large files" while reading small files.
* The Windows CE installation format document was improved.
| 2011-02-08 21:17:24 by Jonathan A. Kollasch | Files touched by this commit (1) |
It helps if you don't change the comment in the patch after generating distinfo.
| 2011-02-08 21:15:18 by Jonathan A. Kollasch | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Remove artificial 2GiB file size limitation in cabextract. Bump pkgrev.