/lzip, Lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm
1.18, Package name:
lzip-1.18, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Lzip is a lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm, with
very safe integrity checking and a user interface similar to the one of
gzip or bzip2. Lzip decompresses almost as fast as gzip and compresses
better than bzip2, which makes it well suited for software distribution
and data archiving.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-12-16) Updated to version: lzip-1.18
- (2015-07-26) Updated to version: lzip-1.17
- (2014-11-20) Updated to version: lzip-1.16
- (2013-10-10) Updated to version: lzip-1.15
- (2013-04-11) Updated to version: lzip-1.14
- (2012-03-14) Updated to version: lzip-1.13
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-12-16 14:45:22 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Updated archivers/lzip to 1.18
2016-05-14 Antonio Diaz Diaz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Version 1.18 released.
* main.cc: Added new option '-a, --trailing-error'.
* Decompression time has been reduced by 2%.
* decoder.cc (verify_trailer): Removed test of final code.
* main.cc (main): Delete '--output' file if infd is a terminal.
* main.cc (main): Don't use stdin more than once.
* Removed decompression support for version 0 files.
* lzip.texi: Added chapter 'Trailing data'.
* configure: Avoid warning on some shells when testing for g++.
* Makefile.in: Detect the existence of install-info.
* testsuite/check.sh: A POSIX shell is required to run the tests.
* testsuite/check.sh: Don't check error messages.
| 2016-03-12 22:53:40 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (8) |
MAKEFLAGS -> MAKE_FLAGS (pkgsrc guide 22.1)
| 2015-11-03 01:56:27 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (93) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for archivers category
Problems found with existing distfile for eagle:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-07-26 14:15:30 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update 1.16 to 1.17
2015-07-12 Antonio Diaz Diaz <email@example.com>
* Version 1.17 released.
* Reorganization of the compression code.
* lzip.texi: Added chapter 'Quality assurance'.
* Makefile.in: Added new targets 'install*-compress'.
| 2014-11-20 08:32:15 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
(upstream) update 1.15. to 1.16
Changes in version 1.16:
Compression ratio of option -9 has been slightly increased.
Compression time has been reduced by 4%.
"lzip -0" is now comparable in compression speed and ratio to \
Copying of file dates, permissions, and ownership now behaves like "cp -p".
(If the user ID or the group ID can't be duplicated, the file permission
bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are cleared).
Some minor improvements have been made.
"lzip.texinfo" has been renamed to "lzip.texi".
The license has been changed to GPL version 2 or later.
| 2013-10-10 14:03:03 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Pass custom CXX, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS
| 2013-10-09 22:34:09 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.15:
Changes in version 1.15:
Lzip now shows the progress of compression at verbosity level 2 (-vv).
Decompressing and testing no more show file version.
Option "-n, --threads" is now accepted and ignored for compatibility
The configure script now accepts options with a separate argument.
The chapter "Stream format" and the appendix "Reference source \
have been added to the manual.
| 2013-04-10 22:55:12 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.14. Changes:
* Multi-step trials have been implemented.
* Compression ratio has been slightly increased.
* Compression time has been reduced by 5%.
* Decompression time has been reduced by 12%.