/lzip, Lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm
1.16, Package name:
lzip-1.16, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Lzip is a lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm, with
very safe integrity checking and a user interface similar to the one of
gzip or bzip2. Lzip decompresses almost as fast as gzip and compresses
better than bzip2, which makes it well suited for software distribution
and data archiving.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-11-20) Updated to version: lzip-1.16
- (2013-10-10) Updated to version: lzip-1.15
- (2013-04-11) Updated to version: lzip-1.14
- (2012-03-14) Updated to version: lzip-1.13
- (2011-10-22) Updated to version: lzip-1.12
- (2009-07-15) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version lzip-1.7 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-11-20 08:32:15 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
(upstream) update 1.15. to 1.16
Changes in version 1.16:
Compression ratio of option -9 has been slightly increased.
Compression time has been reduced by 4%.
"lzip -0" is now comparable in compression speed and ratio to \
Copying of file dates, permissions, and ownership now behaves like "cp -p".
(If the user ID or the group ID can't be duplicated, the file permission
bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are cleared).
Some minor improvements have been made.
"lzip.texinfo" has been renamed to "lzip.texi".
The license has been changed to GPL version 2 or later.
| 2013-10-10 14:03:03 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Pass custom CXX, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS
| 2013-10-09 22:34:09 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.15:
Changes in version 1.15:
Lzip now shows the progress of compression at verbosity level 2 (-vv).
Decompressing and testing no more show file version.
Option "-n, --threads" is now accepted and ignored for compatibility
The configure script now accepts options with a separate argument.
The chapter "Stream format" and the appendix "Reference source \
have been added to the manual.
| 2013-04-10 22:55:12 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.14. Changes:
* Multi-step trials have been implemented.
* Compression ratio has been slightly increased.
* Compression time has been reduced by 5%.
* Decompression time has been reduced by 12%.
| 2012-09-11 21:47:04 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (95) |
"user-destdir" is default these days
| 2012-03-14 15:39:59 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 1.13:
Lziprecover has been moved to its own package.
Inability to change output file attributes has been downgraded from
error to warning.
Compression time of option "-0" has been reduced by 2%.
A reorganization of the compression code has been made.
A small change has been made in the "--help" output and man page.
Quote characters in messages have been changed as advised by GNU Coding
Configure option "--datadir" has been renamed to \
follow GNU Standards.
| 2012-01-29 09:41:22 by Steven Drake | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2011-10-21 23:26:47 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 1.12
* lzdiff and lzgrep are now separate package, zutils (not packaged yet).
2011-04-30 Antonio Diaz Diaz <email@example.com>
* Version 1.12 released.
* main.cc: Added new option `-F, --recompress'.
* encoder.h (update_prices): Update high length symbol prices
independently of the value of `pos_state'. This gives better
compression for large values of `--match-length' without being
* encoder.h encoder.cc: Optimize pair price calculations. This
reduces compression time for large values of `--match-length'
by up to 6%.
* Compression time of option `-0' has been reduced by 2%.
* main.cc (decompress): Print only one status line for each
multimember file when only one `-v' is specified.
* main.cc (decompress): Print up to 6 bytes of trailing garbage
when `-vvvv' is specified.
* main.cc (open_instream): Do not show the message
" and `--stdout' was not specified" for directories, etc.
* lziprecover.cc: If `-v' is not specified show errors only.
* testsuite/unzcrash.cc: Use Arg_parser.
* testsuite/unzcrash.cc: Added new options `-b', `-p' and `-s'.
2010-09-16 Antonio Diaz Diaz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Version 1.11 released.
* Added new option `-0' which produces a compression speed and
ratio comparable to those of `gzip -9'.
* fast_encoder.h fast_encoder.cc: New files.
* main.cc: Match length limit set by options -1 to -8 has been
reduced to extend range of use towards gzip. Lower numbers now
compress less but faster. (-1 now takes 43% less time for only
20% larger compressed size).
* encoder.cc: Compression of option -9 has been slightly increased.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--merge' which tries to
produce a correct file merging the good parts of two or more
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--repair' for repairing a
1-byte error in single-member files.
* decoder.cc (decode_member): Detect file errors earlier to
improve efficiency of lziprecover's new repair capability.
This change also prevents (harmless) access to uninitialized
memory when decompressing a corrupt file.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--force'.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--output'.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--split' to select the until
now only operation of splitting multimember files.
* lziprecover.cc: If no operation is specified, warn the user
and do nothing.
* main.cc: Fixed warning about fchown's return value being ignored.
* decoder.cc: `-tvvvv' now also shows compression ratio.
* main.cc: Set stdin/stdout in binary mode on MSVC and OS2.
* New examples have been added to the manual.
* testsuite: `test1' renamed to `test.txt'. Added new tests.
* Matchfinder types HC4 (4 bytes hash-chain) and HT4 (4 bytes
hash-table) have been tested and found no better than the
2010-04-05 Antonio Diaz Diaz <email@example.com>
* Version 1.10 released.
* decoder.h: Input_buffer integrated in Range_decoder.
* main.cc: File specified with option `-o' is now created with
mode 0666 if umask allows it, deleted if interrupted by user.
* main.cc: New constant `o_binary'.
* main.cc: Dictionary size for options -2, -3, -4 and -8 has
been changed to improve linearity of compressed sizes.
* lzip.h: Fixed warnings produced by over-optimization (-O3).
* Makefile.in: Added quotes to directory names.
2010-01-17 Antonio Diaz Diaz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Version 1.9 released.
* main.cc (main): Return at least 1 if closing stdout fails.
* Makefile.in: Added `--name' option to help2man invocation.
* testsuite/check.sh: Use `test1' instead of `COPYING' for testing.
2009-09-02 Antonio Diaz Diaz <email@example.com>
* Version 1.8 released.
* Compression time has been reduced by 4%.
* Lzdiff and lzgrep have been moved to the new package zutils.
* Fixed warnings on sistems where uint32_t != unsigned int.