/mpg123, MPEG layer 1, 2, and 3 audio player
1.24.0, Package name:
mpg123-1.24.0, Maintainer: martin
mpg123 reads one or more files (or standard input if ``-'' is
specified) or URLs and plays them on the audio device (default) or
outputs them to stdout. file/URL is assumed to be an MPEG-1/2 audio
Required to build:
] Package options
: mpg123-fifo, mpg123-with-fpu
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-16) Updated to version: mpg123-1.24.0
- (2016-12-19) Updated to version: mpg123-1.23.8
- (2015-10-18) Updated to version: mpg123-1.22.4
- (2015-07-21) Updated to version: mpg123-1.22.2
- (2014-11-20) Updated to version: mpg123-1.21.0
- (2014-05-21) Updated to version: mpg123-1.19.0
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-16 10:12:27 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (4) |
- Avoid repeating genre in metadata printout for specifications like
- In remote control mode, only enforce --quiet if no verbosity was required.
- Prevent --loop and --shuffle or --random from messing with the remote
control LOADLIST command (printout of the list would loop without reason).
- Fix the mpg123 command (esp. our provided binaries on Windows) to now find
modules again relative to the executable directory, not the current working
directory. This was a regression in 1.23 and might be security-relevant if
you called mpg123 in working directories with untrusted content.
Note that mpg123 1.23 looked for modules relative to the current working
directory only if the installation prefix for modules did not exist.
So, usage on an intact installation (with /usr/lib/mpg123 or the like) was
safe. Nevertheless this new version fixes the search to be relative to the
binary path as it was with 1.22 and before.
- At least consistent behaviour of playlist code in the face of looping.
Looping is about individual tracks, always. They are looped also in random
mode. Jumping (prev/next keys) is between tracks and resets the loop counter.
The display of currently playing track in the playlist is fixed for random
and looped play now (bug 198).
- Looping is now mentioned for a to-be-repeated track with --verbose.
- Move some compiler nagging from --enable-debug to --enable-nagging, fix up
some new build failures by adding some pesky feature test macros.
- Try not to pollute the terminal buffer with old progress bars in inverse
video. Only the currently live one shall be seen. That one is pretty. The
others are not.
- Using plain dlopen()/LoadLibrary() for opening modules instead of libltdl.
This also means that --with-module-suffix is gone in configure.
- Windows builds only work when Unicode support is there (older than Windows
2000/XP will definitely not work anymore).
- The out123 tool now features tone generation, with a mix of differing
wave patterns. Makes sense to be able to test the audio output by itself,
and it's fun. See --wave-freq and related parameters.
- libmpg123 version 43:
-- Add flags MPG123_NO_PEEK_END and MPG123_FORCE_SEEKABLE, as suggested
by Bent Bisballe Nyeng.
-- Build fix for MSVC (consistent definition of ssize_t, spotted by manx,
-- Build fix for --with-cpu=ppc_nofpu (thanks to Michael Kostylev, bug 244).
-- Add asm optimized MSVC++ Win32|x64 and UWP|x64 builds
-- Remove old, broken MSVC++ builds
- libout123 version 2:
-- Added OUT123_BINDIR.
-- New search order for output plugin directory: MPG123_MODDIR, or (relative
to executable directory OUT123_BINDIR) ../lib/mpg123, plugins
libout123/modules/.libs, libout123/modules, ../libout123/modules/.libs,
../libout123/modules, and at last the installation prefix $libdir/mpg213/.
This shall ensure that a build inside a source tree does not try to use old
modules from the system prefix. The normal libtool wrapper deals with the
shared libout123 or libmpg123 only, not modules.
Note that if you set MPG123_MODDIR to a non-existing directory, no modules
will be found (earlier versions fell back to other choices).
-- The OUT123_NAME parameter is now copied by out123_param_from(), as is
the newly added OUT123_BINDIR.
-- Coreaudio: Use AudioComponents API on OSX >= 10.6 (thanks to Michael Weiser).
-- Coreaudio: Fix behaviour of out123_drop(), not killing the output anymore
without re-opening the device (bug 236, thanks to Taihei for the fix).
| 2016-12-23 14:50:03 by Sebastian Wiedenroth | Files touched by this commit (1) |
use c99 to fix build on SunOS
| 2016-12-18 23:58:35 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (9) |
- Fix long-standing bad memory read (via integer underflow) in ID3 parser
for crafted ID3v2 tags with tiny size information
| 2015-11-04 18:41:21 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (78) |
Remove duplicate SHA512 digests that crept in.
| 2015-11-03 02:12:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (409) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for audio category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these file.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-18 17:07:06 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
- Fix stupid regression introduced with a bugfix in 1.14.1 to make
free format streams work again. It took 3 years for someone to notice.
I added a regression test for that now!
| 2015-07-20 19:30:33 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
- Fix buffering for funny sample formats (namely, 24 bit), that do not
fit nicely into 32768 bytes. Effect was a nasty endless loop where
mpg123 needs to be externally killed.
- Fix mpg123-id3dump when writing images with funny (manipulated) MIME type.
Stupid mistake in length computation of the fallback file extension caused
junk from memory being appended to the filename if the pointer size
is less than 64 bit. For 64 bit pointers (or longer) it was correct by
- Fix pedantic build by cleaning up out123 source, also now really showing
the encoding list in --longhelp instead of possibly, again, writing junk
from memory in there.
- Not linking libmpg123 against libltdl anymore (bug 215).
- Update MSVC++ ports a bit to make them work again.
| 2014-11-20 14:07:12 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Based on PR pkg/49405
Update mpg123* from 1.19.0 to 1.21.0
Add comment to patch-ad
Tks wiz@ and obache@ for review.x
- Use LL as shortcut for LOADLIST remote command, L is taken already (bug 210).
- Less namespace pollution (MPG123_EXPORT in header instead of EXPORT, bug 212).
- Make feed reader more efficient when skipping junk by early
discarding of data from buffers to avoid re-parsing.
- Added NEON optimized decoder for AArch64 (ARM 64bit environment)
- enabled for --with-cpu=neon64 (NEON only) or --with-cpu=aarch64
(runtime switch between neon and generic_fpu, like arm_fpu)
- compatible with aarch64-linux-gnu toolchains (from Ubuntu, debian) and Xcode 5
- Added new binary out123 only with the audio output part of mpg123.
This is a precursor to separating out said code into a simple audio
output library. It also allows plugging in some processing in a pipe
before feeding to output.
- Prevent opendir(NULL) for unknown module directory when listing modules.
- some build fixes, among those fixing mpg123-id3dump on Windows