Updated qjackctl to version 0.4.2.
the problem has been fixed upstream.
Added option to build with either qt5 or qt4 (default).
0.4.2 2016-04-05 Spring'16 release frenzy.
- Added a brand new "Enable JACK D-BUS interface" option, split
from the old common "Enable D-BUS interface" setup option which
now refers to its own self D-BUS interface exclusively.
- Dropped old "Start minimized to system tray" option from setup.
- Add double-click action (toggle start/stop) to systray (a pull
request by Joel Moberg, thanks).
- Added application keywords to freedesktop.org's AppData.
- System-tray icon context menu has been fixed/hacked to show up
again on Plasma 5 (aka. KDE5) notification status area.
- Switched column entries in the unified interface device combo-
box to make it work for macosx/coreaudio again.
- Blind fix to a FTBFS on macosx/coreaudio platforms, a leftover
from the unified interface device selection combo-box inception,
almost two years ago.
- Prevent x11extras module from use on non-X11/Unix plaforms.
- Late French (fr) translation update (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
0.4.1 2015-10-28 A Fall'15 release.
- Probing portaudio audio device in a separate thread (by Kjetil
- Messages standard output capture has been improved again, now
in both ways a non-blocking pipe may get.
- Regression fix for invalid system-tray icon dimensions reported
by some desktop environment frameworks.
- New hi-res application icon (by Uttrup Renzel, Max Christian
- System tray icon red background now blinks when a XRUN occurs.
- Desktop environment session shutdown/logout management has been
also adapted to Qt5 framework.
- Single/unique application instance control adapted to Qt5/X11.
- Prefer Qt5 over Qt4 by default with configure script.
- Overrideable tooltips with latency info (re. Connections JACK
client/ports: patch by Xavier Mendez, thanks).
- Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- French (fr) translation update (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
0.4.0 2015-07-15 Summer'15 release frenzy.
- Some windows fixes added (patch by Kjetil Matheussen, thanks).
- Most advanced Setup/Settings are moved into new Setup/Advanced
settings tab; limit range for the real-time priority setting,
now having 6 as absolute minimum valid value (after patches by
Robin Gareus, thanks).
- A new top-level widget window geometry state save and restore
sub-routine is now in effect (EXPERIMENTAL).
- Delayed geometry setup for widget windows upon startup has
been deprecated and scrapped altogether.
- Setup/settings dialog tab is going into some layout changes;
also got rid of old patchbay auto-refresh timer cruft, which
was previously hidden/disabled.
- New socket names are now automatically inferred from selected
client names while on the Patchbay widget, Socket dialog.
- Fixed for some strict tests for Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- German (de) translation update (by Guido Scholz, thanks).
0.3.13 2015-03-25 Pre-LAC2015 release frenzy.
- Added application description as freedesktop.org's AppData.
- Setup dialog form is now modeless.
- Introducing brand new active patchbay reset/disconnect-all
user preference option.
- Current highlighted client/port connections are now drawn
with thicker connector lines.
- New user preference option on whether to show the nagging
'program will keep running in the system tray' message, on
main window close.
- Connections lines now drawn with anti-aliasing; connections
splitter handles width is now reduced.
- Drop missing or non-existent patchbay definition files from
the most recent used list.
0.3.12 2014-10-19 JACK Pretty-names aliasing.
- JACK client/port pretty-name (metadata) support is being
introduced and seamlessly integrated with old Connections
client/port aliases editing (rename) (refactored from an
original patch by Paul Davis, thanks). (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Application close confirm warning is now raising the main
window as visible and active for due top level display,
especially applicable when minimized to the system tray.
- Messages standard output capture has been slightly improved
as for non-blocking i/o, whenever available.
- Translations install directory change.
- Allow the build system to include an user specified LDFLAGS.
- Missing input/output-latency parameter settings now settled
for the D-BUS controlled JACK server and firewire back-end
0.3.11 2013-12-31 A fifth of a Jubilee.
- More preparations for Qt5 configure build.
- Interface device selection is now unified, by moving the old
'>' pop-up menu into the customized combo-box drop-down list
showing all available card/device names and descriptions (on
a patch by Arnout Engelen, thanks).
- Added include <unistd.h> to shut up gcc 4.7 build failures
(patch by Alexis Ballier, thanks).
0.3.10 2013-04-01 The singing swan rehersal.
- Session infra-client management finally being added.
- Preparations for Qt5 migration.
- Transport tempo (BPM) precision display fixed to 4 digits.
- Color-candy (dang old ANSI terminal?) escape sequences are
now silently stripped from jackdbus messages captured log
(onliner from original patch by Brendan Jones, thanks).
- List ALSA device card id. string instead of device number,
while on setup dialog.
- Japanese (ja) translation added (by Takashi Sakamoto).
0.3.9 2012-05-18 The last of the remnants.
- Killing D-BUS controlled JACK server is now made optional,
cf. Setup/Misc/Stop JACK audio server on application exit.
(a patch by Roland Mas, thanks).
- Added include <unistd.h> to shut up gcc 4.7 build failures.
- Make(ing) -jN parallel builds now available for the masses.
- A mis-quoting bug at the command line argument string may
have been crippling the (unmaintained) Windows port since
ever, leaving its main function to start jackd dead in the
water, belly down :) now hopefully fixed (following a mail
transaction with Stephane Letz and Mathias Nagorni, thanks).
- Currently a JACK2-only feature, the JACK version string
display at the About dialog box, must now be explicitly
enabled on configure time (--enable-jack-version).
- A new so called "Server Suffix" parameter option appears
to rescue on the situations where QjackCtl falls short on
extra, exquisite and/or esoteric command line options eg.
- Fixed D-Bus Input/Output device parameter settings, filled
when either interface is selected for Capture/Playback only.
(probable fix for bug #3441860).
- Fixed Makefile.in handling of installation directories to
the configure script eg. --datadir, --localedir, --mandir.
(after an original patch from h3xx, thanks).
- Main window is now brought to front and (re)activated when
clicking on the system tray icon instead of just hiding it.
- Add current xrun count to the system tray icon tooltip, if
not zero (after patch #3314633 by Colin Fletcher, thanks).
0.3.8 2011-07-01 JACK Session versioning.
- Debugging stacktrace now applies to all working threads.
- Session "Save" button now a drop-down menu, replacing the
session save type combo-box/drop-down list selection. Also,
an early session directory versioning/numbering scheme is
now in place, although optional.
- Probable fix to debian bug report #624198 - segfault when
pressing the stop button (by Grant Adrian Diffey, after a
patch from Adrian Knoth, thanks).
- Desktop environment session shutdown (eg. logout) is now
tapped for graceful application exit, even though the main
window is active (visible) and minimizing to system tray
is enabled. Both were causing first shutdown/logout attempt
to abort. Not anymore, hopefully ;).
- Make sure all activated patchbay definition files are in
their complete and absolute directory path forms.
- Connections refresh button now does an immediate and true
reconstruction of all clients and their respective ports
and connections, unconditionally.
- Command line server start option (-s, --start) is now made
independent from configuration setup option (cf. Setup/Misc
/Start JACK audio server on application startup).
- Now handling cable socket types properly to let patchbay
definitions work correctly, whenever having sockets with
the very same literal name (twisted from patch #3183467,
by Karsten, thanks;).
- Abrupt focus behavior when any of the keyboard modifiers
(Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Caps Lock) is hit while on Connections
client/port aliases editing (rename) has been fixed.
- Russian (ru) translation updated (by Alexandre Prokoudine).
- Added include "errno.h" alegedly missing for BSD style
systems (applying patch for bug #3126091).
0.3.7 2010-11-30 JACK Session managerism.
- Session widget has session save type preserved as well.
- Connections and the new Messages/Status widgets now have
their last open tab preserved across program run-cycles.
- Connections and Patchbay widgets have been finally given
up on an old feature request: an Expand All items button.
- A significant UI layout has been made: the Messages and
Status widgets were merged into one, giving space to the
brand new Session wigdet to be easy accessible from the
main panel control window.
- libX11 is now being added explicitly to the build link
phase, as seen necessary on some bleeding-edge distros
eg. Fedora 13, Debian 6. (closing bug #3050915).
- Input/Output latency options were missing but now finally
enabled for the firewire back-end.
- General standard dialog buttons layout is now in place.
- Avoid pre-loading a stalled patchbay definition filename
and its nagging error on startup (fixes bug #3017078).
- Client connection retrial logic scrapped. Being a leftover
from early ages, when machines were slower and JACK server
startup times were longer... now, if it can't connect first
time as client, it will tear down the server whether it's
starting up still or not at all. (cf. Setup/Settings/Start
Delay for the rescue).
- Server name is finally part of the server settings presets,
thanks to Fons Adriaensen for the heads-up.
- As a workaround regarding issues switching jack2's backends,
Robin Gareus sends us yet another D-Bus method slot: "preset",
(dbus-send --system / org.rncbc.qjackctl.preset string:PRESET).
- Another D-Bus interface slot makes it through implementation:
"quit" (eg. usage: dbus-send --system / org.rncbc.qjackctl.quit).
Besides, there's also these new JACK session management actions
which were being overlooked as well: "load", "save", \
and "savetemplate" are also available as D-Bus method slots.
- Make sure that Patchbay socket names are unique when adding
or copying, fixing previous patch by Dominic Sacre.
- JACK version is now being shown on the About box (jack2).
- Slight Connections widget behavioral change: (dis)connecting a
client (from) to one single port, (dis)connections will be
applied in sequence from (to) all client output ports to (from)
as many input ports there are in below, one by one (satisfying
a 5 year old request from Yann Orlarey, thanks:).
- JACK session support is being introduced.
- Ignore first XRUN occurrence option dropped from statistics.
- Initial widget geometry and visibility persistence logic has
been slightly revised as much to avoid crash failures due to
wrong main widget hidden state.
- Double-quotes are now being added to device names which include
blank characters and were rendering invalid all command line
invocation of the classic JACK server (eg. specially due for
Portaudio device names on Windows).
- Transport play (rolling) status is now being guarded to avoid
backfiring from extraneous transport state changes.
- General source tree layout and build configuration change.
- Italian (it) translation added (by Sergio Atzori).
- Post-shutdown script invocation logic slightly refactored in
attempt to enforce its execution on application quit.
0.3.6 2010-03-09 Full D-Busification!
- Make sure socket names are unique on each side of the Patchbay
(another patch from Dominic Sacre, thanks).
- A bunch of primitive D-Bus interface slots have been added,
allowing shortcut access to most of main applications actions
like toggling Messages, Status, Connections, Patchbay widget
pop-ups, reset stats, transport and so on. New bindings are
given eg. via dbus-send --system / org.rncbc.qjackctl.(main,
messages, status, connections, patchbay, setup, about, reset,
rewind, backward, play, pause, forward). (from an original
idea from Sebastian Gutsfeld, thanks).
- Patchbay snapshot now tolerates JACK client port strings that
have more than one semi-colon in it, honoring just the first
one exactly as everywhere else eg. Connections. (a glitch as
reported by Geoff Beasley while using a2jmidid).
- Most modal message dialog boxes (eg. critical errors) are now
replaced by system tray icon bubble messages where available
(mitigating feature request #2936455).
- Comply with jackd >= 0.118.0 which nowruns in real-time mode by
default; use of -R is now deprecated from the jackd command line
interface options; use -r to run in non-real-time-scheduling.
- A man page has beed added.
- Got rid of a pretty old and never really useful "jackd-realtime"
server path option--actually, it was only seen available on the
now defunct old Mandrake Linux distro.
- D-Bus support, as provided by org.jackaudio.service aka jackdbus,
is now being introduced and used wherever available and whenever
enabled. Configuring, starting, stopping and logging the JACK
back-end server through the "infamous" jackdbus service is now
being seamlessly exploited.
- Global configuration state is now explicitly saved/committed to
disk when Setup dialog changes are accepted and applied.
- Server name command line option added (-n, --server-name).
- Single application instance restriction option added (X11).
- Setup for the netjack (slave) "net" driver has now sample-rate
and frames per buffer (period size) settings disabled and/or
ignored, as those are pretty much auto-detected by default;
also, a new "netone" backend driver option has been introduced
(as suggested by Torben Hohn).
- Czech (cs) translation added (by Pavel Fric).
- Fixed some main window keyboard shortcuts. Escape key now closes
Connections, Patchbay, Status and Messages widgets as usual (bug
- Fixed glitch on configure portaudio support, specially when the
library is not detected as available.
0.3.5 2009-09-30 Slipped away!
- Late support for UTF-8 encoded client/port names.
- Allow only one single patchbay connection to or from an exclusive
socket (mitigating bug #2859119).
- Automatic crash-dump reports, debugger stack-traces (gdb), back-
traces, whatever, are being introduced as a brand new configure
option (--enable-stacktrace) and default enabled on debug build
- Probable fix on the audio connections with regard to client/port
(re)name changes (an ancient bug reported by Fons Adriaensen).
- Portaudio device selector is now available (after a patch handed
by Torben Hohn and Stephane Letz).
- A couple of primitive D-Bus interface slots have been introduced,
giving the option to start/stop the jackd server from the system
bus eg. via dbus-send --system / org.rncbc.qjackctl.start (.stop),
(a nice addition supplied by Robin Gareus, thanks).
- New command line option (-a, --active-patchbay=[path]) to specify
and activate a given patchbay definition file (a simple patch sent
by John Schneiderman, thanks).
- Added one significant digit to DSP Load percentage status display.
- Tentative support for netjack (slave) by adding the "net" driver to
the existing backend driver options on the Setup/Settings section.
- Converted obsolete QMessageBox forms to standard buttons.
- New patchbay snapshot now raises the dirty flag and allows for the
immediate salvage of patchbay definition profile.
- Conditional build for JACK port aliases support (JACK >= 0.109.2).
- Alternate icon sizes other than default 16x16, are now effective to
the Connections widget (Setup/Dislay/Connections Window/Icon size).
0.3.4 2008-12-05 Patchbay snapshot revamp.
- Introducing the very first and complete translations in-package:
German (de), Spanish (es), French (fr) and Russian (ru); credits
- At last, after years of retarded procrastination, the old infamous
patchbay snapshot feature has been the subject of a almost complete
rewrite and it does try to give a way better mapping of all actual
and current running client/port connections, both JACK (audio, MIDI)
and ALSA MIDI, of course ;)
- On Setup/Settings/Parameters dialog, all device selection options
are now reset to default when disabled interactively.
- Grayed/disabled palette color group fix for dark color themes.
- Qt Software logo update.
- Fait-divers: desktop menu file touched to openSUSE conventions.
- ALSA PCM devices now only listed/enumerated iif strictly compliant
with the audio mode criteria (Duplex, Capture-only or Playback-only)
as kindly suggested by Nedko Ardaunov.
- JACK client/port aliases may now be displayed as a global user option
(see Setup/Display/Connections/JACK client/port aliases).
- Lighten up the connections line and highlight colors, as seen to fit
best on some darker background themes.
- Patchbay snapshot fixed to differentiate socket clients according
to its type (Audio, MIDI or ALSA-Seq), avoiding the mess and gross
mistake of hanging disparate type ports under the same client item.
- JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER environment variable is now appended to the X11
unique application identifier, allowing for having multiple instances
each controlling its own JACK server, besides the default one.
- Due to some trouble with newer Qt >= 4.4 applications regarding font
size configuration, a new global user option is now available to the
rescue: Setup/Misc/Defaults/Base font size (default is no-op).