/eggdrop, IRC robot with TCL scripting and multi-channel ability
1.6.21nb2, Package name:
eggdrop-1.6.21nb2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Eggdrop is an IRC bot, written in C. If you don't know what IRC is, this is
probably not whatever you're looking for! Eggdrop, being a bot, sits on a
channel and takes protective measures: to keep the channel from being taken
over (in the few ways that anything CAN), to recognize banished users or sites
and reject them, to recognize priveledged users and let them gain ops, etc.
One of the more unique features of eggdrop is its "party line", accessable via
DCC chat, which allows you to talk to other people lag-free. Consider it a
multi-way DCC chat, or a miniature IRC (complete with channels). You can link
up with other bots and expand the party line until it actually becomes
something very much like IRC, in fact.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-01-11) Updated to version: eggdrop-1.6.21nb2
- (2012-08-22) Updated to version: eggdrop-1.6.21nb1
- (2012-04-01) Updated to version: eggdrop-1.6.21
- (2009-06-10) Updated to version: eggdrop-1.6.19nb1
- (2007-11-10) Updated to version: eggdrop-1.6.18
- (2007-10-18) Updated to version: eggdrop-1.6.18
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-03 02:20:26 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (119) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for chat category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these /distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-02-21 21:18:13 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Fix build with TCL 8.6.
| 2014-01-11 15:42:06 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (106) |
Revbump after updating tcl/tk.
| 2012-11-16 01:35:28 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (6) |
| 2012-10-03 02:02:47 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (131) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-08-22 01:49:27 by John Marino | Files touched by this commit (90) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for tcl and tk upgrade to 8.5.12
| 2012-03-31 23:52:57 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (7) | |
Update to 1.6.21. Notable changes:
- Added CIDR support to eggdrop. This includes accepting and matching b/e/I
masks and user hosts in cidr notation.
- Added a msg-rate config variable, to replace the current #define msgrate
- Replaced most dns.mod preprocessor definitions with config variables.
- Added a configure option to set the handlen while keeping compatibility with
the older method of editing eggdrop.h directly.
- Explicitly offer both --enable-tcl-threads and --disable-tcl-threads
configure options that can forcefully enable or disable threaded Tcl
- Fixed a remote DoS in the CTCP parsing code introduced by the servmsg.c
buffer overflow patch by Nico Golde.
- Work around Tcl8.5.10 bug 3371644 (strings starting with # could crash
- tcl_maskhost could crash the bot.
- Fixed a potential crash in read_lang() with lines > 512 characters in
language files. Added support for lines of unlimited size.
- Fixed dns.mod SIGBUS crashes on 64-bit Sparc.
- Fixed a crash when restarting, related to bind log.
| 2011-01-18 19:39:14 by Tim Zingelman | Files touched by this commit (1) |
fix for PR#44382 (don't use inline with sunpro compiler)