| 2016-08-28 17:48:37 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (112)|
Remove unnecessary PLIST_SUBST and FILES_SUBST that are now provided
by the infrastructure.
Mark a couple more packages as not ready for python-3.x.
| 2016-08-15 02:07:28 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (1)|
Fix MASTER_SITES (no longer here, switch to MASTER_SITE_PYPI)
Thanks to Bernhard Riedel for noticing it!
| 2016-04-13 20:13:49 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update py-cython to 0.24.
* PEP 498: Literal String Formatting (f-strings).
Original patch by Jelle Zijlstra.
* PEP 515: Underscores as visual separators in number literals.
* Parser was adapted to some minor syntax changes in Py3.6, e.g.
* The embedded C code comments that show the original source code
can be discarded with the new directive ``emit_code_comments=False``.
* Cpdef enums are now first-class iterable, callable types in Python.
* Ctuples can now be declared in pure Python code.
* Posix declarations for DLL loading and stdio extensions were added.
Patch by Lars Buitinck.
* The Py2-only builtins ``unicode()``, ``xrange()``, ``reduce()`` and
``long`` are now also available in compile time ``DEF`` expressions
when compiling with Py3.
* Exception type tests have slightly lower overhead.
This fixes ticket 868.
* @property syntax fully supported in cdef classes, old syntax deprecated.
* C++ classes can now be declared with default template parameters.
* C++ exceptions raised by overloaded C++ operators were not always
handled. Patch by Ian Henriksen.
* C string literals were previously always stored as non-const global
variables in the module. They are now stored as global constants
when possible, and otherwise as non-const C string literals in the
generated code that uses them. This improves compatibility with
strict C compiler options and prevents non-const strings literals
with the same content from being incorrectly merged.
* Compile time evaluated ``str`` expressions (``DEF``) now behave in a
more useful way by turning into Unicode strings when compiling under
Python 3. This allows using them as intermediate values in expressions.
Previously, they always evaluated to bytes objects.
* ``isinf()`` declarations in ``libc/math.pxd`` and ``numpy/math.pxd`` now
reflect the actual tristate ``int`` return value instead of using ``bint``.
* Literal assignments to ctuples avoid Python tuple round-trips in some
more corner cases.
* Iteration over ``dict(...).items()`` failed to get optimised when dict
arguments included keyword arguments.
* cProfile now correctly profiles cpdef functions and methods.
* Compile errors and warnings in integer type conversion code. This fixes
ticket 877. Patches by Christian Neukirchen, Nikolaus Rath, Ian Henriksen.
* Reference leak when "*args" argument was reassigned in closures.
* Truth-testing Unicode strings could waste time and memory in Py3.3+.
* Return values of async functions could be ignored and replaced by ``None``.
* Compiler crash in CPython 3.6.
* Fix prange() to behave identically to range(). The end condition was
miscalculated when the range was not exactly divisible by the step.
* Optimised ``all(genexpr)``/``any(genexpr)`` calls could warn about unused
code. This fixes ticket 876.
| 2016-03-07 19:27:32 by Niclas Rosenvik | Files touched by this commit (1)|
Add a tool.mk in devel/py-cython to be used by packages that need cython as
a tool without suffix. Based on lang/python/tool.mk.
| 2015-11-04 18:41:21 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (78)|
Remove duplicate SHA512 digests that crept in.
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995)|
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-19 11:42:22 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.23.4:
* Memory leak when calling Python functions in PyPy.
* Compilation problem with MSVC in C99-ish mode.
* Warning about unused values in a helper macro.
* Invalid C code for some builtin methods. This fixes ticket 856 again.
* Incorrect C code in helper functions for PyLong conversion and string
decoding. This fixes ticket 863, ticket 864 and ticket 865.
Original patch by Nikolaus Rath.
* Large folded or inserted integer constants could use too small C
integer types and thus trigger a value wrap-around.
* The coroutine and generator types of Cython now also register directly
with the ``Coroutine`` and ``Generator`` ABCs in the ``backports_abc``
module if it can be imported. This fixes ticket 870.
| 2015-09-30 21:22:08 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.23.2:
* Compiler crash when analysing some optimised expressions.
* Coverage plugin was adapted to coverage.py 4.0 beta 2.
* C++ destructor calls could fail when '&' operator is overwritten.
* Incorrect C literal generation for large integers in compile-time
evaluated DEF expressions and constant folded expressions.
* Byte string constants could end up as Unicode strings when originating
from compile-time evaluated DEF expressions.
* Invalid C code when caching known builtin methods.
This fixes ticket 860.
* ``ino_t`` in ``posix.types`` was not declared as ``unsigned``.
* Declarations in ``libcpp/memory.pxd`` were missing ``operator!()``.
Patch by Leo Razoumov.
* Static cdef methods can now be declared in .pxd files.
| 2015-08-25 10:59:15 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.23.1:
* Invalid C code for generators. This fixes ticket 858.
* Invalid C code for some builtin methods. This fixes ticket 856.
* Invalid C code for unused local buffer variables.
This fixes ticket 154.
* Test failures on 32bit systems. This fixes ticket 857.
* Code that uses "from xyz import *" and global C struct/union/array
variables could fail to compile due to missing helper functions.
This fixes ticket 851.
* Misnamed PEP 492 coroutine property ``cr_yieldfrom`` renamed to
``cr_await`` to match CPython.
* Missing deallocation code for C++ object attributes in certain
extension class hierarchies.
* Crash when async coroutine was not awaited.
* Compiler crash on ``yield`` in signature annotations and default
argument values. Both are forbidden now.
* Compiler crash on certain constructs in ``finally`` clauses.
* Cython failed to build when CPython's pgen is installed.
| 2015-08-14 19:47:54 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 0.23:
* PEP 492 (async/await) was implemented.
* PEP 448 (Additional Unpacking Generalizations) was implemented.
* Support for coverage.py 4.0+ can be enabled by adding the plugin
"Cython.Coverage" to the ".coveragerc" config file.
* Annotated HTML source pages can integrate (XML) coverage reports.
* Tracing is supported in ``nogil`` functions/sections and module init code.
* When generators are used in a Cython module and the module imports the
modules "inspect" and/or "asyncio", Cython enables \
patching these modules during the import to recognise Cython's internal
generator and coroutine types. This can be disabled by C compiling the
module with "-D CYTHON_PATCH_ASYNCIO=0" or "-D \
* When generators or coroutines are used in a Cython module, their types
are registered with the ``Generator`` and ``Coroutine`` ABCs in the
``collections`` or ``collections.abc`` stdlib module at import time to
enable interoperability with code that needs to detect and process Python
generators/coroutines. These ABCs were added in CPython 3.5 and are
available for older Python versions through the ``backports_abc`` module
on PyPI. See https://bugs.python.org/issue24018
* Adding/subtracting/dividing/modulus and equality comparisons with
constant Python floats and small integers are faster.
* Binary and/or/xor/rshift operations with small constant Python integers
* When called on generator expressions, the builtins ``all()``, ``any()``,
``dict()``, ``list()``, ``set()``, ``sorted()`` and ``unicode.join()``
avoid the generator iteration overhead by inlining a part of their
functionality into the for-loop.
* Keyword argument dicts are no longer copied on function entry when they
are not being used or only passed through to other function calls (e.g.
in wrapper functions).
* The ``PyTypeObject`` declaration in ``cpython.object`` was extended.
* The builtin ``type`` type is now declared as PyTypeObject in source,
allowing for extern functions taking type parameters to have the correct
C signatures. Note that this might break code that uses ``type`` just
for passing around Python types in typed variables. Removing the type
declaration provides a backwards compatible fix.
* ``wraparound()`` and ``boundscheck()`` are available as no-ops in pure
* Const iterators were added to the provided C++ STL declarations.
* Smart pointers were added to the provided C++ STL declarations.
Patch by Daniel Filonik.
* ``NULL`` is allowed as default argument when embedding signatures.
This fixes ticket 843.
* When compiling with ``--embed``, the internal module name is changed to
``__main__`` to allow arbitrary program names, including those that would
be invalid for modules. Note that this prevents reuse of the generated
C code as an importable module.
* External C++ classes that overload the assignment operator can be used.
Patch by Ian Henriksen.
* Support operator bool() for C++ classes so they can be used in if statements.
* Calling "yield from" from Python on a Cython generator that returned a
value triggered a crash in CPython. This is now being worked around.
* Language level 3 did not enable true division (a.k.a. float division)
for integer operands.
* Functions with fused argument types that included a generic 'object'
fallback could end up using that fallback also for other explicitly
listed object types.
* Relative cimports could accidentally fall back to trying an absolute
cimport on failure.
* The result of calling a C struct constructor no longer requires an
intermediate assignment when coercing to a Python dict.
* C++ exception declarations with mapping functions could fail to compile
when pre-declared in .pxd files.
* ``cpdef void`` methods are now permitted.
* ``abs(cint)`` could fail to compile in MSVC and used sub-optimal code
in C++. Patch by David Vierra, original patch by Michael Enßlin.
* Buffer index calculations using index variables with small C integer
types could overflow for large buffer sizes.
Original patch by David Vierra.
* C unions use a saner way to coerce from and to Python dicts.
* When compiling a module ``foo.pyx``, the directories in ``sys.path``
are no longer searched when looking for ``foo.pxd``.
Patch by Jeroen Demeyer.
* Memory leaks in the embedding main function were fixed.
Original patch by Michael Enßlin.
* Some complex Python expressions could fail to compile inside of finally
* Unprefixed 'str' literals were not supported as C varargs arguments.
* Fixed type errors in conversion enum types to/from Python. Note that
this imposes stricter correctness requirements on enum declarations.
* Changed mangling scheme in header files generated by ``cdef api``
* Installation under CPython 3.3+ no longer requires a pass of the
2to3 tool. This also makes it possible to run Cython in Python
3.3+ from a source checkout without installing it first.
Patch by Petr Viktorin.
* ``jedi-typer.py`` (in ``Tools/``) was extended and renamed to
``jedityper.py`` (to make it importable) and now works with and
requires Jedi 0.9. Patch by Tzer-jen Wei.