| 2016-10-19 13:59:25 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
Update net/GeoIP to 1.6.9.
Based on a PR by Jussi Sallinen.
- Fix a regression introduced in version 1.6.8, which caused
GeoIP_database_info to erroneously return NULL.
- Allow compilation on older systems by relaxing the autoconf and automake
minimum versions. Thank you, Jose Rubio!
- Avoid potential problems in multi-threaded environments by consistently using
pread() rather than read().
- Fix various small issues reported by clang's static analyser.
- Fixed a MSVC parser stack overflow when parsing `regionName.c` and
`timeZone.c`. Fix by elliotlo. GitHub #64.
- Updated region codes and timezones.
- When using `GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE` with an invalid database file, the search
tree traversal could attempt to read memory outside of the memory allocated
for the memory cache, resulting in a segmentation fault. A check was added
to ensure that the traversal code does not try to read beyond the end of the
file, whether in memory, memory mapped, or on disk.
- Previously the return values from file reads were ignored. We now check
these values to ensure that there were no errors.
- Replaced usage of deprecated fileno, read, and lseek on Visual Studio 2005+
with their ISO C++ conformant replacements.
- A warning about using a double as a float was fixed.
- Fixed segfault when doing a lookup on an empty database.
- Fixed a memcheck error from valgrind in the `_check_mtime`
- Fixed `_check_mtime` to check the return value of `gettimeofday` rather than
just assuming it worked.
- A segmentation fault in `geoiplookup` was fixed when the utility was passed
an invalid database.
- Additional validation was added for validation of the size used in the
creation of the index cache.
- Changed the code to only look up country codes by using functions which
ensure that we do not try to look past the end of an array.
- Update Fips codes
- Several issues with the MinGW build were fixed.
- Use a constructor in pread.c to ensure the critical section is always
- Added missing include of `io.h` on Windows.
- Fixed `configure` warning that `'missing' script is too old or missing`.
- Previously `nmake /f Makefile.vc clean` would fail on Windows. This was
- Obsolete win32 and NetWare make files were removed.
- Numerous documentation updates.
- Added a GEOIP_SILENCE flag. Include this flag when calling GeoIP_open to
prevent any messages from being written to stderr.
- Mitigate a possible race condition when running under threads in the
- Added some recommendations to the docs on using this library in a
- Fixed some bugs discovered by coverity, including failure to check some
system call return values and making sure all strings are
- Two files required for building on Win32 were missing from the 1.6.1
release. These files were added. There are no changes affecting other
- Improve Win32 support
- Update FIPS codes
- Remove geoipupdate
- Update region and time zones
- Fix benchmark script
- Remove autogenerated files ltmain.sh, man/geoip*.1
- Explain how to download free geolite databases in the README.md and
- geoipupdate returns 1 on error 0 on success instead of the error code
- README is replaced by README.md
- Add support for OS X Mavericks
- Update time_zone for Ontario, Canada
- geoiplookup and geoiplookup6 exit code is 0 when user asked for help
- Added -h option to geoiplookup6
- Do not load the database file if nodes and file size do not make
- Keep README and man pages in pure ascii.
- It doesn't make sense to use GEOIP_INDEX_MODE with small databases
like GEOIP_COUNTRY_EDITION. Instead of undefined behaviour we handle
it silently as GEOIP_MEMORY_MODE
- Update FIPS codes for Greece
- Rename custom_directory to GeoIP_custom_directory.
- Make sure the database match the requested type. This is helpful for
Databases with the same default name and the general geoiplookup form
(geoiplookup without a specific database)
- apps/geoiplookup6.c use the ipnum instead of the hostname for lookups.
- Use configure.ac instead of configure.in
- Region lookup is a bit faster
- Add pkg-config file
- Updates required to build a Windows DLL under MinGW
- Make API thread safe
- geoiplookup's default charset is UTF8
-l change the charset back to iso8859-1
- geoipupdate skips \r otherwise it might be part of the last
- Update time zones
- Update Region codes
- Remove the unused CITYCONFIDENCE* database types
- bootstrap rebuilds ltmain.sh
- Update README.OSX for Lion
- Change Macedonia to Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
- Add region_name to geoiplookup GEOIP_CITY_EDITION_REV1
- Add region_name to geoiplookup GEOIP_CITY_EDITION_REV0
- Add a --disable-data-files option. This allows you to build and install
the library without having a data/GeoIP.dat file. This is useful when
building the library from a checkout of the source tree, rather than a
- Add GEOIP_ACCURACYRADIUS_EDITION and GEOIP_ACCURACYRADIUS_EDITION_V6
- Add more database types GEOIP_COUNTRYCONF_EDITION,
GEOIP_CITYCONF_EDITION, GEOIP_REGIONCONF_EDITION and
- Fix default filenames for GEOIP_NETSPEED_EDITION_REV1 and
| 2015-11-04 01:35:47 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (748)|
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for net category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package haproxy distfile haproxy-1.5.14.tar.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package bsddip: missing distfile bsddip-1.02.tar.Z
Package citrix_ica: missing distfile citrix_ica-10.6.115659/en.linuxx86.tar.gz
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-1.05-test25.diff.bz2
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-cachestats.patch
Package djbdns: missing distfile 0002-dnscache-cache-soa-records.patch
Package gated: missing distfile gated-3-5-11.tar.gz
Package owncloudclient: missing distfile owncloudclient-2.0.2.tar.xz
Package poink: missing distfile poink-1.6.tar.gz
Package ra-rtsp-proxy: missing distfile rtspd-src-126.96.36.199.tar.gz
Package ucspi-ssl: missing distfile ucspi-ssl-0.70-ucspitls-0.1.patch
Package waste: missing distfile waste-source.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-10-09 16:07:17 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1163)|
Remove pkgviews: don't set PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES in Makefiles.
| 2012-10-23 19:19:22 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (671)|
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2011-07-02 07:36:15 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (2)|
fixes last commit, not wanted to change MASTERSITE.
| 2011-07-02 07:27:27 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1)|
Change HOMEPAGE to appropriate one.
| 2011-05-31 16:40:25 by Matthew Sporleder | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update from 1.4.6 to 1.4.7
Remove patch-ad since upstream is not accepting it (originated in 2008)
and it no longer applies.
This revision also adds a lot of experimental ipv6 support.
Full release notes:
* Upd timezone.c Add SX, BQ and CW remove AN and FX ( Boris Zentner )
* Add support for the new types in geoiplookup6 ( Boris Zentner )
* Add new database types GEOIP_CITY_EDITION_REV0_V6,
GEOIP_ORG_EDITION_V6 and GEOIP_ISP_EDITION_V6 ( Boris Zentner )
* Remove AN and FX. Add SX, BQ and CW ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix possible segfault in geoipupdate if the connection disappear
unexpected. ( Boris Zentner )
* Add sanity check for geoipupdate-pureperl.pl ( Boris Zentner )
* Add GEOIP_USERTYPE_EDITION and GEOIP_USERTYPE_EDITION_V6
datatypes ( Boris Zentner )
* Add new functions GeoIP_is_private_ipnum_v4 and GeoIP_is_private_v4
( Boris Zentner )
* Add new functions GeoIP_teredo and GeoIP_enable_teredo.
teredo is enabled by default ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix output of geoiplookup for unknown or private regions.
( Boris Zentner )
* Fix geoipupdate-pureperl.pl to accept more product codes.
( Boris Zentner )
* Fix minor output issue in geoipupdate -v ( Boris Zentner )
* Add support for various databases. ( Boris Zentner )
* Add experimental teredo support ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix possible buffer overflow in conjunction with
http_proxies ( Elso Andras )
* Remove memcpy/bcopy macro for BSD ( Boris Zentner )
* Add GeoIP_lib_version and GeoIP_cleanup ( Ladar Levison )
* Upd Makefile.vc ( Thomas Winzig )
* Fix typo in DK,18,Midtjylland ( Boris Zentner )
* Update libGeoIP/regionName.c with FIPS codes 20100810 ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix continent codes ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix 3letter country codes for ATA, BVT, IOT, CXR, CCK, ATF, HMD,
MYT, SGS and UMI ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix typo/segfault in GeoIP_id_by_name_v6 ( Boris Zentner )
* Update libGeoIP/regionName.c with FIPS codes 20100529 ( Boris Zentner )
* Remove buffered IO functions, to fix issues with dup'ed file
descriptors ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix very minor memleak in geoipupdate ( Boris Zentner )
* Add GEOIP_CITYCONFIDENCEDIST_EDITION, GEOIP_LARGE_COUNTRY_EDITION
and GEOIP_LARGE_COUNTRY_EDITION_V6 database types ( Boris Zentner )
* Update libGeoIP/regionName.c with FIPS codes 20100422 ( Boris Zentner )
* Update libGeoIP/regionName.c with FIPS codes 20100420 ( Boris Zentner )
* Update libGeoIP/regionName.c with FIPS codes 20100221 ( Boris Zentner )
* Add missing timezones ( Boris Zentner )
* Add missing include for Windows 2000 ( Jaap Keute )
* 'GeoIP Database up to date' and 'Updated database' prints to stdout
instead of stderr ( Boris Zentner )
* Add missing GeoIPRecord_delete to geoiplookup.c ( Piotr Kaczuba )
* Add some IPv4 helper functions
unsigned long GeoIP_addr_to_num(const char *addr);
char * GeoIP_num_to_addr(unsigned long ipnum); ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix default name for the accuracy radius database to GeoIPDistance.dat \
( Boris Zentner )
* Add GEOIP_CITYCONFIDENCE_EDITION database type. ( Boris Zentner )
* geoiplookup use GeoIPDistance.dat files if avail ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix geoiplookup/geoiplookup6 output, when the databaseinfo string is
not avail. ( Boris Zentner )
* Change continent code for RU from AS to EU ( Boris Zentner )
* Add GEOIP_ACCURACYRADIUS_EDITION database type. ( Boris Zentner )
* Add GEOIP_LOCATIONA_EDITION the database to map back from binary to
the csv database ( Boris Zentner )
* Change Turkey's continent code from Asia to Europe ( Boris Zentner )
* Rename _iso_8859_1__utf8 to _GeoIP_iso_8859_1__utf8 ( Boris Zentner )
* GEOIP_ORG_EDITION, GEOIP_ISP_EDITION, GEOIP_DOMAIN_EDITION and
GEOIP_ASNUM_EDITION databases return UTF8 results, if gi->charset \
to GEOIP_CHARSET_UTF8 ( Boris Zentner )
* Avoid unnecesary call to gettimeofday when GEOIP_CHECK_CACHE is not \
set ( John Douglass )
* Delayed loading of changed database files for 60 seconds. To avoid
reading halve written databases ( Boris Zentner )
* Update README.OSX for Leopard and Snow Leopard ( Boris Zentner )
* Add more IPv6 functions ( Boris Zentner )
const char *GeoIP_country_code_by_addr_v6 (GeoIP* gi, const char *addr);
const char *GeoIP_country_code_by_name_v6 (GeoIP* gi, const char *host);
const char *GeoIP_country_code3_by_addr_v6 (GeoIP* gi, const char *addr);
const char *GeoIP_country_code3_by_name_v6 (GeoIP* gi, const char *host);
const char *GeoIP_country_name_by_addr_v6 (GeoIP* gi, const char *addr);
const char *GeoIP_country_name_by_name_v6 (GeoIP* gi, const char *host);
* Make sure that GeoIP_*_v6 functions refuse GEOIP_PROXY_EDITION and
GEOIP_NETSPEED_EDITION databases ( Boris Zentner )
* Update libGeoIP/regionName.c with FIPS codes from 20090723 ( Boris \
* Fix geoipupdate's -v option to not change the license filename ( Thom May )
* Fix geoipupdate's exit code ( Thom May )
* Add support for ASNUM_EDITION ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix -i output for larger values, sign issue ( Boris Zentner )
* Add -i flag for more information on netmask, range_by_ip and the \
current network range ( Boris Zentner )
* Add support for DOMAIN_EDITION database type ( Boris Zentner )
* Fix apps/geoipupdate-pureperl.pl output layer on W32 ( Boris Zentner )
| 2010-11-13 22:09:05 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (29)|
Follow HTTP redirects to new HOMEPAGEs and/or MASTER_SITES.
| 2010-01-21 18:41:07 by Klaus Heinz | Files touched by this commit (8)|
Added LICENSE information.
| 2009-10-18 21:37:51 by Zafer Aydogan | Files touched by this commit (1) | |