Update to 2.6.1, from diro in PR 47209.
Relevant ChangeLog entries since 2.5:
* src/main.c, src/minicom.c: iconv: Handle the case that iconv
did not convert anything. Reported by Mike Crowe, Debian #659351.
* src/ipc.c: Formatting cleanup.
* src/main.c: ETIME -> ETIMEDOUT as ETIME is not available on BSDs
* src/main.c: Fix invalid memory used, reported by Larry Baker
* src/config.c, src/rwconf.c: Do not set modem init and reset string
anymore, define them empty. Instead, when editing those offer
them as a default.
* src/minicom.h, src/main.c, src/dial.c: only update statusline
if there's a change (e.g. for updates times)
* src/updown.c: Flush before forking helper program,
patch by Domen Puncer, thanks!
* src/minicom.c, src/minicom.h, src/vt100.c: Add timestamps with
milliseconds, based on patch by Rapha�l Ass�nat, thanks!
* src/dial.c, src/minicom.c, src/main.c: Cleanups. Print
basename of current device to statusline if online time is disabled.
* configure.in, src/Makefile.am, src/main.c, src/minicom.c,
src/minicom.h, src/updown.c: Add lockdev support,
by Ludwig Nussel <email@example.com>
* src/dial.c: add a dialdir version 6 which does not save the
pointer on disk and should now work on 32 and 64 bit
* configure.in: Use AM_ICONV_LINK...
* src/script.c: Fix a buffer overflow problem. Thanks Frederic Germain.
* src/minicom.c: Do not use iconv-functions if iconv is not available.
* src/config.c, src/main.c, src/vt100.c, src/vt100.h: Add transmit
delay for every character, based on patch by Nicolas PILLON.
* src/config.c: Do not extend tilde to home directory for
non-path arguments. Debian bug #621741
* configure.in, src/Makefile.am: Add workaround and then use
libiconv for linking, fixes build issue on Mac OS X.
* src/main.c: Increase serial port open timeout, by
* src/main.c: Set sensible errno if port open times out,
by Lubomir Rintel
* src/help.c: Help fix for timestamp toggle by Mark Einon
* src/minicom.c: Code consolidation.
* src/minicom.c, src/minicom.h, src/vt100.c, man/minicom.1: Make
line timestamps three value: every line, every second, and off.
* man/minicom.1: Wording fix.
* src/vt100.c: Cleanups: Delete everything that was in OLD blocks.
Do not explicitly set global variables to 0.
* src/vt100.c, man/minicom.1: Change timestamp style, prepend every
line. Add in manpage.
* src/dial.c src/help.c src/ipc.c src/minicom.c src/minicom.h
src/vt100.c src/vt100.h: Addition by Mark Einon
<firstname.lastname@example.org> to add current date/time to each line.
* src/file.c: Only enter directory if we have read permissions to
get directory listings, by Jan Görig.
* src/file.c, src/getsdir.c: Cleanup and simplify.
* man/runscript.1, man/minicom.1: Fixes by John Bradshaw
* src/main.c: Avoid redraw of status line in Offline mode when
* src/minicom.c: Do not lose line wrap setting over terminal resizes.
* src/main.c: Simplify status line update, also makes status
messages display the amount of time they are actually supposed