/atf, Automated testing framework - Runtime tools (deprecated; use kyua-cli)
0.17, Package name:
atf-0.17, Maintainer: jmmv
The Automated Testing Framework (ATF) is a collection of libraries and
utilities designed to ease unattended application testing in the hands of
developers and end users of a specific piece of software.
As regards developers, ATF provides the necessary means to easily create
test suites composed of multiple test programs, which in turn are a
collection of test cases. It also attempts to simplify the debugging of
problems when these test cases detect an error by providing as much
information as possible about the failure.
As regards users, it simplifies the process of running the test suites and,
in special, encourages end users to run them often: they do not need to
have source trees around nor any other development tools installed to be
able to certify that a given piece of software works on their machine as
This package provides the deprecated atf-run and atf-report tools; please
use kyua-cli package instead. If you need the ATF libraries only (not the
tools), you can install the atf-libs package instead.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-02-15) Updated to version: atf-0.17
- (2012-07-11) Updated to version: atf-0.16
- (2012-07-01) Updated to version: atf-0.15nb1
- (2012-01-17) Updated to version: atf-0.15
- (2011-06-14) Updated to version: atf-0.14
- (2011-03-31) Updated to version: atf-0.13
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2013-02-27 23:21:14 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Need getopt.h on SunOS.
| 2013-02-14 19:36:12 by Julio Merino | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update atf and atf-libs to 0.17:
* Added the atf_utils_cat_file, atf_utils_compare_file,
atf_utils_copy_file, atf_utils_create_file, atf_utils_file_exists,
atf_utils_fork, atf_utils_grep_file, atf_utils_grep_string,
atf_utils_readline, atf_utils_redirect and atf_utils_wait utility
functions to atf-c-api. Documented the already-public
* Added the cat_file, compare_file, copy_file, create_file, file_exists,
fork, grep_collection, grep_file, grep_string, redirect and wait
functions to the atf::utils namespace of atf-c++-api. These are
wrappers around the same functions added to the atf-c-api library.
* Added the ATF_CHECK_MATCH, ATF_CHECK_MATCH_MSG, ATF_REQUIRE_MATCH and
ATF_REQUIRE_MATCH_MSG macros to atf-c to simplify the validation of a
string against a regular expression.
* Miscellaneous fixes for manpage typos and compilation problems with
* Added caching of the results of those configure tests that rely on
executing a test program. This should help crossbuild systems by
providing a mechanism to pre-specify what the results should be.
* PR bin/45690: Make atf-report convert any non-printable characters to
a plain-text representation (matching their corresponding hexadecimal
entities) in XML output files. This is to prevent the output of test
cases from breaking xsltproc later.
| 2012-10-31 12:19:55 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (1460) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-07-11 00:02:59 by Julio Merino | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update to ATF 0.16:
Experimental version released on July 10th, 2012.
* Added a --enable-tools flag to configure to request the build of the
deprecated ATF tools, whose build is now disabled by default. In order
to continue running tests, you should migrate to Kyua instead of enabling
the build of the deprecated tools. The kyua-atf-compat package provides
transitional compatibility versions of atf-run and atf-report built on
top of Kyua.
* Tweaked the ATF_TEST_CASE macro of atf-c++ so that the compiler can
detect defined but unused test cases.
* PR bin/45859: Fixed some XSLT bugs that resulted in the tc-time and
tp-time XML tags leaking into the generated HTML file. Also improved
the CSS file slightly to correct alignment and color issues with the
* Optimized atf-c++/macros.hpp so that GNU G++ consumes less memory during
compilation with GNU G++.
* Flipped the default to building shared libraries for atf-c and atf-c++,
and started versioning them. As a side-effect, this removes the
--enable-unstable-shared flag from configure that appears to not work any
more (under NetBSD). Additionally, some distributions require the use of
shared libraries for proper dependency tracking (e.g. Fedora), so it is
better if we do the right versioning upstream.
* Project hosting moved from an adhoc solution (custom web site and
Monotone repository) to Google Code (standard wiki and Git). ATF now
lives in a subcomponent of the Kyua project.
| 2012-07-01 17:27:43 by Julio Merino | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Split the ATF libraries into their own devel/atf-libs package.
This change adds a new atf-libs package that provides the libatf-c,
libatf-c++ and libatf-sh libraries by themselves, without any of the
ATF runtime tools. The atf package has been modified to only install
the runtime utilities (atf-run and atf-report being the major ones)
and depend on atf-libs.
The purpose of this change is to allow packages that install tests to
depend on a lighter-weight package, and to allow the addition of the
upcoming kyua-atf-compat package. The latter will be a package that
provides atf-run and atf-report replacements based on kyua-cli, and
therefore will conflict with the atf tools (but not the libraries).
While doing this, fix the pkgconfig overrides and ensure that we use
the right version of the ATF libraries given that disabling shared
library building appears to have been broken, possibly for a while.
| 2012-02-26 18:25:07 by Julio Merino | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Use new web site and downloads location.
| 2012-01-16 23:26:56 by Julio Merino | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 0.15:
Experimental version released on January 16th, 2012.
* Respect stdin in atf-check. The previous release silenced stdin for any
processes spawned by atf, not only test programs, which caused breakage
in tests that pipe data through atf-check.
* Performance improvements to atf-sh.
* Enabled detection of unused parameters and variables in the code and
fixed all warnings.
* Changed the behavior of "developer mode". Compiler warnings are now
enabled unconditionally regardless of whether we are in developer mode or
not; developer mode is now only used to perform strict warning checks and
to enable assertions. Additionally, developer mode is now only
automatically enabled when building from the repository, not for formal
* Added new Autoconf M4 macros (ATF_ARG_WITH, ATF_CHECK_C and
ATF_CHECK_CXX) to provide a consistent way of defining a --with-arg flag
in configure scripts and detecting the presence of any of the ATF
bindings. Note that ATF_CHECK_SH was already introduced in 0.14, but it
has now been modified to also honor --with-atf if instantiated.
* Added timing support to atf-run / atf-report.
* Added support for a 'require.memory' property, to specify the minimum
amount of physical memory needed by the test case to yield valid results.
* PR bin/45690: Force an ISO-8859-1 encoding in the XML files generated by
atf-report so that invalid data in the output of test cases does not
mangle our report.
| 2011-12-07 18:23:05 by Benny Siegert | Files touched by this commit (2) |
MirBSD build fix: sys/time.h has to be included _before_ sys/resource.h.