/noweb, Simple, extensible literate-programming tool
2.11bnb1, Package name:
noweb-2.11bnb1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
INTRODUCTION --- WHAT IS NOWEB, ANYWAY?
noweb is a literate-programming tool like FunnelWEB or nuweb, only
simpler. A noweb file contains program source code interleaved with
documentation. When noweb is invoked, it writes the program source
code to the output files mentioned in the noweb file, and it writes
a TeX file for typeset documentation.
noweb is designed to meet the needs of literate programmers while
remaining as simple as possible. Its primary advantages are
simplicity, extensibility, and language-independence. noweb works
``out of the box'' with any programming language, and supports TeX,
latex, and HTML (Mosaic) back ends. A back end to support full
hypertext or indexing takes about 250 lines; a simpler one can be
written in 40 lines of awk. The primary sacrifice relative to WEB
is that code is not prettyprinted.
If you're brand new to literate programming, check out the FAQ for
the USENET newsgroup comp.programming.literate. There are also some
resources available through the noweb home page.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-10-30) Updated to version: noweb-2.11bnb1
- (2008-03-14) Updated to version: noweb-2.11b
- (2008-03-08) Updated to version: noweb-2.11b
- (2006-05-23) Updated to version: noweb-2.9anb3
- (2006-02-06) Updated to version: noweb-2.9anb2
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version noweb-2.9anb1 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)