/p5-Term-ReadLine, Interface to the GNU Readline Library
1.35, Package name:
p5-Term-ReadLine-1.35, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Term::ReadLine::Gnu (TRG) is an implementation of the interface to
the GNU Readline Library. This module gives you input line editing
facility, input history management facility, word completion
facility, etc. It uses the real GNU Readline Library and has the
interface with the almost all variables and functions which are
documented in the GNU Readline/History Library. So you can program
your custom editing function, your custom completion function, and
so on with Perl. TRG may be useful for prototyping before programming
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-11-07) Updated to version: p5-Term-ReadLine-1.35
- (2016-07-28) Updated to version: p5-Term-ReadLine-1.34
- (2016-06-09) Updated to version: p5-Term-ReadLine-1.27nb1
- (2015-09-07) Updated to version: p5-Term-ReadLine-1.27
- (2015-06-12) Updated to version: p5-Term-ReadLine-1.26nb1
- (2015-02-02) Updated to version: p5-Term-ReadLine-1.26
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-11-07 15:04:33 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update devel/p5-Term-ReadLine to 1.35
- readline-7.0 support
- Gnu.xs: fix a bug of rl_readline_state variable causing on a
big-endian, sizeof(int)==4, and sizeof(long)==8 platform
with the GNU Readline Library 7.0. [rt.cpan.org #118371]
| 2016-07-28 04:56:49 by Wen Heping | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.34
- ppport.h: update from version 1.0007 to version 3.31.
- t/utf8_text.t: fix for the fail when PERL_UNICODE environment
variable is set.
- Gnu.pm, t/utf8_text.t: fix version checks for perl 5.10.0.
- t/utf8_text.t: fix the number of skip for systems which do
not support en_US.UTF-8 locale.
- Gnu.pm: delete old formated 'use VERSION'
- improve UTF-8 handling
- UTF-8 decoding is done at the interface between Perl and
XS. This makes it possible for UTF-8 strings to be get
from the GNU Readline Library functions and variables.
- add enableUTF8() method
- UTF-8 support is enabled when STDIN is in UTF-8 by the -C
command-line switch, or PERL_UNICODE environment variable,
or IN file handle has utf8 IO layer, or -enableUTF8 method
- pop IO layer only when stdio layer is pushed on utf8 layer
to support Perl 5.8.x
- rl_save_state(), rl_restore_state(),
history_get_history_state(), and history_set_history_state()
are finally implemented.
- update RL_STATE_* definitions
- fix rl_readline_state and history_legnth variable to be
- fix rl_completion_quote_character and
rl_completion_found_quate variable to be read only
- update POD document
- t/*.t: use Test::More and improved
- t/utf8_binary.t, t/utf8_text.t:
- use en_US.UTF-8 instead of en_US.utf8 for locale
- force the GNU Readline Library 8bit through
- add variable access test, IO layer check, verbose mode,
- use camel characters instead of Japanese kanji
- t/utf8_binary.t: skip when PERL_UNICODE is
set. [rt.cpan.org #114185]
- t/utf8.txt: use camel characters instead of Japanese kanji
- t/callback.t: update comments and code clean-up
- use some modern Perl features (but still in 5.8 era)
- use file handle references
- define export tags
- comment out 'use vars' for subroutine name aliase
- t/utf8_binary.t, t/utf_text.t: skip on non UTF-8 environment.
- t/readline.t: skip the cursor move test for an active CPAN
- t/utf8_binary.t: add a fix to handle escape sequences which
rl_initialize may output.
- pop the stdio PerlIO layer only when utf8 layer is included
for remote debugging. [rt.cpan.org #110121]
- call utf8::decode() for a UTF8-enabled input filehandle.
- call newTTY() any time to set filehandles.
- make use of 'our' instead of 'use vars'.
- add tests for UTF-8 handling.
- pass _rl_store_iostream 'FILE *' in stead of 'PerlIO *'.
- remove T_STDIO definition from typemap.
- requires Perl 5.8.1
- Makefile.PL: revert a change on 1.27 which causes fail on
the rlmalloc test. [rt.cpan.org #107201]
- t/readline.t, t/history.t: use LC_ALL instead of LANG.
| 2016-06-08 21:25:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2236) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-09-06 15:12:13 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.27
- readline-7.0 support
- improve POD documents
- Gnu.xs: not to use obsoleted typedefs which were obsoleted
by ReadLine 6.3
- fix a wrong fix on 1.21 to let completion_function do case
insensitive match. [rt.cpan.org #72378]
- fix rl_display_match_list to show the first entry of the
array. The bug caused segmentation fault with readline-7.0.
- some improvement of Makefile.PL:
- add support homebrew on Mac OS X. [rt.cpan.org #104389]
- print an error string when system() fails.
- specify 'int' on 'main()'.
- use -O when -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE is defined.
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,
| 2015-02-01 19:28:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.26:
- Call ornaments() after rl_initialize() to set tty before
calling rl_initialize() not to output some charactores to
STDIO. [rt.cpan.org #96569, #101196]
- make handling of iostreams simple (make _rl_store_iostream()
return void and remove _rl_fetch_iostream()) [rt.cpan.org #101078]
- Fix the Prerequisites section to require Perl 5.8 (it was
required since TRG 1.23.).
- t/callback.t: add some new Tk-tests from CPAN Testers' site.
| 2014-12-31 15:55:14 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.25:
- fix to call rl_initialize() after I/O stream
setting. [rt.cpan.org #96569]
- t/readline.t: comment-out stty-command calls.
- t/history.t, t/readline.t: print out the corresponding
section names in the manuals of the libraries.
- eg/perlsh: use 'IO' instead of 'FILEHANDLE' which Perl 5.20
warns. [rt.cpan.org #100883]
- Fix copyright notices to use the year of first publication.