/scons, Python-based, open-source build system
2.5.1, Package name:
scons-2.5.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
SCons is an Open Source software construction tool--that is, a build tool;
an improved substitute for the classic Make utility; a better way to build
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-12-05) Updated to version: scons-2.5.1
- (2016-05-09) Updated to version: scons-2.5.0
- (2015-11-21) Updated to version: scons-2.4.1
- (2015-09-05) Updated to version: scons-2.3.6
- (2015-07-31) Updated to version: scons-2.3.5
- (2014-10-07) Updated to version: scons-2.3.4
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-01-01 15:44:09 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (577) |
Add python-3.6 to incompatible versions.
| 2016-12-05 12:36:51 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
- Add scons-configure-cache.py to packaging. It was omitted
- Use memoization to optimize PATH evaluation across all dependencies per
| 2016-07-09 15:04:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (599) |
Remove python33: adapt all packages that refer to it.
| 2016-05-09 10:58:43 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
RELEASE 2.5.0 - Mon, 09 Apr 2016 11:27:42 -0700
- Removed a lot of compatibility methods and workarounds
for Python versions < 2.7, in order to prepare the work
towards a combined 2.7/3.x version.
Also fixed the default arguments for the print_tree and
- Added support for cross-language dependency scanning;
SCons now respects scanner keys for implicit dependencies.
- Notes for SCons users with heterogeneous systems.
- May find new (previously missed) dependencies.
- May cause rebuild after upgrade due to dependency changes.
- May find new dependency errors (EG. cycles).
- Discovered in some of the SCons QT tests.
- Resolved missing cross-language dependencies for
- Corrected typo in User Guide for Scanner keyword.
- Install builder interacts with scanner found in SCANNERS differently.
- Previous: Install builder recursively scanned implicit dependencies
for scanners from SCANNER, but not for built-in (default) scanners.
- Current: Install builder will not scan for implicit dependencies via
either scanner source. This optimizes some Install builder behavior
and brings orthogonality to Install builder scanning behavior.
- Add better messaging when two environments have
different actions for the same target
- Fix issue only with MSVC and Always build where targets
marked AlwaysBuild wouldn't make it into CHANGED_SOURCES
and thus yield an empty compile command line.
- Fix posix platform escaping logic to properly handle paths
with parens in them "()".
- Intel Compiler 2016 (Linux/Mac) update for tool directories.
- Fix for issue 2494: Added string support for Chmod function.
- change cache to use 2 character subdirectories, rather than one character,
so as not to give huge directories for large caches, a situation which
causes issues for NFS.
For existing caches, you will need to run the scons-configure-cache.py
script to update them to the new format. You will get a warning every time
you build until you co this.
- Fix a bunch of unit tests on windows
| 2015-12-05 22:26:09 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (578) |
Extend PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE to 35
| 2015-11-20 18:16:03 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
- Fix for Bug 2791 - Setup.py fails unnecessarily under Jython.
- Fixed license of SVG titlepage files in the context of Debian
packaging, such that they allow for commercial use too (2985).
- InstallVersionedLib now available in the DefaultEnvironment context.
- Improves orthogonality of use cases between different Install functions.
- Added new configure check, CheckProg, to check for
existence of a program.
- Fix for issue 2840 - Fix for two environments specifying same target with different
actions not throwing hard error. Instead SCons was incorrectly issuing a warning
- Add support `Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7'
Compiler can be obtained at: \
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=44266
- Fixed tigris issue 3011: Glob() excludes didn't work when used with \
- Fix bug 2831 and allow Help() text to be appended to AddOption() help.
- Reimplemented versioning for shared libraries, with the following effects
- Fixed tigris issues 3001, 3006.
- Fixed several other issues not reported to tigris, including:
issues with versioned libraries in subdirectories with tricky names,
issues with versioned libraries and variant directories,
issue with soname not being injected to library when using D linkers,
- Switched to direct symlinks instead of daisy-chained ones -- soname and
development symlinks point directly to the versioned shared library now),
- New construction variables to allow override default behavior: SONAME,
SHLIBVERSIONFLAGS, _SHLIBVERSIONFLAGS, SHLIBNOVERSIONSYMLINKS,
LDMODULEVERSION, LDMODULEVERSIONFLAGS, _LDMODULEVERSIONFLAGS,
- Changed logic used to configure the versioning machinery from
platform-centric to linker-oriented.
- The SHLIBVERSION/LDMODULEVERSION variables are no longer validated by
SCons (more freedom to users).
- InstallVersionedLib() doesn't use SHLIBVERSION anymore.
- Enchanced docs for the library versioning stuff.
- New tests for versioned libraries.
- Library versioning is currently implemented for the following linker
tools: 'cyglink', 'gnulink', 'sunlink'.
- Fix to swig tool - pick-up 'swig', 'swig3.0' and 'swig2.0' (in order).
- Fix to swig tool - respect env['SWIG'] provided by user.
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-09-05 12:55:20 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Added support for Visual Studio 2015