/biew, Binary viewer/editor
6.1.0, Package name:
biew-6.1.0, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Biew stands for Binary vIEWer, and is just that with built-in editor
for binary, hexadecimal and disassembler modes. The program also has
text viewer with different Russia codepages support.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-06-30) Updated to version: biew-6.1.0
- (2006-02-06) Updated to version: biew-5.6.2nb1
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version biew-5.6.2 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-03 04:32:24 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (138) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for editors category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-18 02:29:55 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Fix build with HAVE_ICONV not set, needed on OpenBSD.
| 2015-02-19 23:25:54 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (2) |
stdint.h and glibc have only a very tangible relationship.
| 2013-07-02 14:17:30 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (4) |
Don't try to guess the compiler type based on the name. Fix assembler
constraint. Disable integrated assembler for clang due to the misuse.
| 2013-06-30 15:39:05 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (9) | |
Update to 6.1.0
* This version of biew works on NetBSD/amd64 at least.
It supports NEW Intel's AES, AVX, FMA and AMD's XOP, FMA4, CVT16 instructions sets.
It contains minor bug-fixes in 64-bit mode. I hope this release will finalize \
series of changes for 6.0.x branch.
It contains minor bug-fixes in 64-bit mode.
This release fixes one accidental bug in AMD64 disassembler
* Minor fixes and cleanups.
+ feature request: [ 1782395 ] Make Goto (F5) accept percentages
* Fixes by Daniel Borca <email@example.com>:
* unix/vio.c use the correct alternate set for line drawing.
see http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/ … e_charset/
* configure: accept linux and Linux from uname. i?86 is really ia32.
* makefile: install xlt and man pages correctly.
* unix/os_dep.c: DATADIR conforming to configure. Fix duplicate biew
name in configuration file
* ia32/_inlines.h: replace xlat with regular table indexing (to be able
to test biew with valgrind).
* linux/keyboard.c: fix 'I/O possible' error; it seems to be appearing
spuriously between __init_vio and the end of __init_keyboard, where
SIGIO is hooked as event handler. I think it's harmless to just or maybe
block SIGIO events until we are finished setting up the keyboard.
+ Assembling through the nasm/yasm. Patch by <firstname.lastname@example.org>
+ New opcodes (SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4a) in x86 disassembler.
+ Provide alternative insns hilighting in ix86-32 disassembler.
* Fixed bug of repainting in hexmode when up_arrow key pressed
and filepos == 0.
* Fixed REX handling in x86_64 disassembler
* Fixed CPU information dialog
+ New disassemblers:
+ ARM32 / XScale
+ AIM Power5+ ISA
+ Added support for PE32+ file format.
+ NEW: User defined names aka bookmarks (Ctrl-F10)!!!
* Many other improvements and fixes.
This is release has goal to fix loopback in biew during file format detection.
Also it has some other changes:
* Fixed bug #1695783 (biew 5.6.3 - Bug in file detection due mp3.c)
* Improved multimedia format support
+ Added initial support for Sis and SisX formats of Symbian OS
* Fixed bug #1696442 (-extraincdir and -extralibdir can only handle one extra lib.)
* Added endian selection in hexmode viewer
This minor featues enhancement release which adds support for multimedia file formats
| 2012-10-03 13:43:48 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (150) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-04-14 00:47:47 by Hans Rosenfeld | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add -lrt to LIBS.SunOS and LIBS as OS_LIBS to MAKE_ENV to make this build.
Not needed on 5.11, but doesn't hurt either.
| 2009-06-14 19:50:28 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (75) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs