/emacs, Meta-package for installing the preferred Emacs version
24.5, Package name:
emacs-24.5, Maintainer: dholland
GNU Emacs is an extensible, customizable editor textand more. At its
core is an interpreter for Emacs Lisp, a dialect of the Lisp
programming language with extensions to support text editing. The
features of GNU Emacs include:
- Content-sensitive editing modes, including syntax coloring, for a
wide variety of file types including plain text, source code, and
- Complete built-in documentation, including a tutorial for new users.
- Support for many languages and their scripts, including all scripts,
Russian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Lao,
Ethiopian, and some Indian scripts.
- Highly customizable, using Emacs Lisp code or a graphical
- A large number of extensions that add other functionality, including
a project planner, mail and news reader, debugger interface,
calendar, and more. Many of these extensions are distributed with
GNU Emacs; others are available separately.
This is a meta-package that installs the default Emacs version.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand)
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-18) Updated to version: emacs-24.5
- (2013-04-06) Updated to version: emacs-24.3
- (2013-02-24) Updated to version: emacs-24.2nb7
- (2013-02-17) Updated to version: emacs-23.4nb13
- (2013-02-16) Updated to version: emacs-23.4nb12
- (2013-01-27) Updated to version: emacs-23.4nb11
CVS history: (Expand)