/emacs, Meta-package for installing the preferred Emacs version
24.3, Package name:
emacs-24.3, Maintainer: dholland
GNU Emacs is an extensible, customizable editor textand more. At its
core is an interpreter for Emacs Lisp, a dialect of the Lisp
programming language with extensions to support text editing. The
features of GNU Emacs include:
- Content-sensitive editing modes, including syntax coloring, for a
wide variety of file types including plain text, source code, and
- Complete built-in documentation, including a tutorial for new users.
- Support for many languages and their scripts, including all scripts,
Russian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Lao,
Ethiopian, and some Indian scripts.
- Highly customizable, using Emacs Lisp code or a graphical
- A large number of extensions that add other functionality, including
a project planner, mail and news reader, debugger interface,
calendar, and more. Many of these extensions are distributed with
GNU Emacs; others are available separately.
This is a meta-package that installs the default Emacs version.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand)
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-04-06) Updated to version: emacs-24.3
- (2013-02-24) Updated to version: emacs-24.2nb7
- (2013-02-17) Updated to version: emacs-23.4nb13
- (2013-02-16) Updated to version: emacs-23.4nb12
- (2013-01-27) Updated to version: emacs-23.4nb11
- (2012-12-22) Updated to version: emacs-23.4nb10
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2013-10-09 11:52:30 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1) |
The default EMACS_TYPE is now emacs24.
| 2013-05-31 14:42:58 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2880) |
Bump all packages for perl-5.18, that
a) refer 'perl' in their Makefile, or
b) have a directory name of p5-*, or
c) have any dependency on any p5-* package
Like last time, where this caused no complaints.
| 2013-04-06 13:23:05 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (5) |
'"# $NetBSD$" expected.'
| 2013-03-10 15:12:05 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add `FOR_emacs_no_byte_compile' PLIST var,
For .elc file of .el file marked as "no-byte-compile: t"
| 2013-02-24 00:36:49 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Forget previous, try again.
| 2013-02-24 00:32:20 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix fatal problem with the emacs-nox11 meta-package, which I guess I
didn't notice because I didn't build enough combinations, or something.
| 2013-02-17 18:35:45 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Oops, forgot these.
| 2013-02-17 08:36:09 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add an emacs meta-package. This will install your preferred emacs based
It does some moderately unclean things with versions and PKGREVISION so
that updating should work seamlessly -- this package should end up with
the same PKGNAME (emacs) and the same version (24.2, 23.4, etc.) and
one PKGREVISION higher than the previously existing emacs packages.