/emacs24, GNU editing macros (editor)
24.5nb2, Package name:
emacs24-24.5nb2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
GNU Emacs is an extensible, customizable editor textand more. At its
core is an interpreter for Emacs Lisp, a dialect of the Lisp
programming language with extensions to support text editing. The
features of GNU Emacs include:
- Content-sensitive editing modes, including syntax coloring, for a
wide variety of file types including plain text, source code, and
- Complete built-in documentation, including a tutorial for new users.
- Support for many languages and their scripts, including all scripts,
Russian, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Lao,
Ethiopian, and some Indian scripts.
- Highly customizable, using Emacs Lisp code or a graphical
- A large number of extensions that add other functionality, including
a project planner, mail and news reader, debugger interface,
calendar, and more. Many of these extensions are distributed with
GNU Emacs; others are available separately.
This package contains Emacs version 24.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: dbus, svg, x11, xft2, gtk3
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-06-30) Updated to version: emacs24-24.5nb2
- (2015-04-25) Updated to version: emacs24-24.5nb1
- (2015-04-11) Updated to version: emacs24-24.5
- (2015-04-06) Updated to version: emacs24-24.4nb4
- (2015-03-03) Updated to version: emacs24-24.4nb3
- (2015-02-23) Updated to version: emacs24-24.4nb2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-06-30 11:57:43 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (124) |
Recursive revbump from pkgsrc/multimedia/libvpx.
| 2015-04-25 16:20:48 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (495) | |
Recursive revbump following MesaLib update, categories a through f.
| 2015-04-11 10:51:05 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
Update emacs24 to 24.5:
* Changes in Emacs 24.5
** This is mainly a bug-fix release, but there are some other changes.
** The default value of `history-length' has increased to 100.
** The variable `redisplay-dont-pause' is obsolete.
* Changes in Specialized Modes and Packages in Emacs 24.5
** `call-process-shell-command' and `process-file-shell-command' no longer
take "&rest args".
** The option `browse-url-firefox-startup-arguments' no longer has an effect.
*** New option `erc-rename-buffers'.
*** New faces `erc-my-nick-prefix-face' and `erc-nick-prefix-face'.
*** `erc-format-@nick' displays all user modes instead of only op and voice.
*** The display of irc commands in the current buffer has been disabled.
*** `erc-version' now follows the Emacs version.
** Obsolete packages
*** crisp.el (moved to elpa.gnu.org)
*** tpu-edt.el, ws-mode.el
These emulations of old editors are believed to be no longer relevant
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you disagree.
*** vi.el, vip.el (try M-x viper instead)
| 2015-04-06 10:17:41 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (470) |
Revbump after updating textproc/icu
| 2015-03-03 14:47:14 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
* Support firefox-36.0 or later with upstream patch.
| 2015-02-23 15:03:25 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
* Try to support firefox 36 or later too.
| 2015-02-01 00:40:09 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) |
SunOS inotify requires sys/filio.h for FIONREAD.
| 2015-01-10 17:15:30 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (4) |
Copy gnulib readlinkat patch from archivers/gtar-base.
This undefines readlink so that the twisty maze of symlinks builds,
and fixes the build on netbsd-5. Confirmed to work on netbsd-5/amd64
and netbsd-6/i386. Thanks to obache@ for pointing out the problem.
I will request a pullup to 2014Q4 soon if there are no objections.