/joe, Joes own editor
3.7nb2, Package name:
joe-3.7nb2, Maintainer: adam
JOE is the professional freeware ASCII text screen editor for UNIX.
It makes full use of the power and versatility of UNIX, but lacks the steep
learning curve and basic nonsense you have to deal with in every other UNIX
editor. JOE has the feel of most IBM PC text editors: The key-sequences are
reminiscent of WordStar and Turbo-C. JOE is much more powerful than those
editors, however. JOE has all of the features a UNIX user should expect:
full use of termcap/terminfo, excellent screen update optimizations (JOE is
fully useable at 2400 baud), simple installation, and all of the
UNIX-integration features of VI.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2011-04-01) Updated to version: joe-3.7nb2
- (2010-07-10) Updated to version: joe-3.7nb1
- (2010-06-23) Updated to version: joe-3.7
- (2006-07-24) Updated to version: joe-3.5
- (2006-07-08) Updated to version: joe-3.4
- (2006-02-06) Updated to version: joe-3.3nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2012-10-03 13:43:48 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (150) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2011-04-11 23:16:10 by Roy Marples | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Remove patch-ac as it was incorrect.
| 2011-04-01 15:12:25 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Fix for crash with a segv if called as jmacs with more then
one file as an argument on the command line from upstream.
From upstream via Jasper Wallace in PR 44808.
Set LICENSE (GNU GPL v1!)
| 2011-03-29 23:38:26 by Roy Marples | Files touched by this commit (3) |
joe only uses termcap so......
Depend on termcap instead of ncurses
Replace curses.h and term.h includes with termcap.h
Fixes PR lib/43941
| 2010-07-10 05:00:50 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Fixes handling of PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR, PR#43584.
| 2010-06-23 14:52:43 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (5) |
* backspace/DEL means 'n' in replace prompt for better emacs
* Menus are now made up of macros instead of options.
* ^T is now a user definable menu system
* Treat \ as a quote character for file I/O. Now you can edit
files like !test with \!test
* Print NULs in default search string. Handle many \s properly.
* Allow backslashes in file names
* Fix %A to print unicode
* Charles Tabony's (vectorshifts's) highlighter stack patch
* ! is relace all in replace prompt
* Turn off UTF-8 when we enter hex mode
* Call ttsig on vfile I/O errors.
* Abort cleanly when malloc returns NULL
* Add reload command to reload file from disk
* Modify configure scrips to use docdir for extra documents and
* Don't use bold yellow, it's bad for white screens
* Fix TeX highlighter: don't highlight "
* Make mail.jsf more forgiving for those of us who still use old UNIX mail
* Fix file rename bugs
* Improve ubop: can reformat a block of paragraphs again. Reformat
of adjacent indented paragraphs working again.
* Improve XML highlighter: allow \r in whitespace
| 2009-06-14 19:50:28 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (75) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs
| 2008-07-14 14:56:20 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (563) |
Mark as destdir ready.