/vmips, MIPS R3000 emulator
1.5, Package name:
vmips-1.5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
vmips is a virtual machine simulator based around a MIPS R3000 RISC CPU
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-11-24) Updated to version: vmips-1.5
- (2013-05-16) Updated to version: vmips-1.4.1
- (2012-10-14) Updated to version: vmips-1.4
- (2005-11-20) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version vmips-1.3.1 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-11-24 15:47:27 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update 1.4.1 to 1.5
User-visible changes in version 1.5 (since version 1.4.1):
* New features/improvements:
* VMIPS now includes a basic direct-mapped cache simulation. The
cache isolation and cache swap bits in the CP0 Status register are
* The boot monitor distributed with VMIPS now sets up a dummy
`argv' value for the loaded program. Also, it halts by entering
an infinite loop rather than attempting to execute a `break'
instruction when it encounters an unexpected exception.
* The setup assembly routine distributed with VMIPS has been made
more TLB-friendly. Identity virtual-to-physical mappings for the
first few pages of physical RAM are installed in the TLB at program
* When `-o excmsg' is on, TLB miss addresses will be printed to
* When `-o ttydev=stdout' is specified, simulated program output
will be sent to VMIPS's standard output, even if it is not a tty.
* The interactor can now disassemble memory. Also, stepping in the
interactor now prints the PC after each step.
* VMIPS now supports more of the GDB remote serial protocol, in
support of the GDB `info threads' and `detach' commands. The debug
protocol TCP port is now configurable via the `-o debugport'
option. Also, if something halts the program while the debugger
interface is active, VMIPS will tell GDB that the program exited.
* Bug fixes:
* A bug was fixed in the debugger interface where disconnecting from
the debugger socket could cause vmips to enter an infinite loop.
* The interactor will refuse to dump raw memory words at
* The CP0 Cause register IP field is now recomputed whenever the
register is read, rather than only when exceptions happen. This
makes polling loops with interrupts disabled work correctly.
* A bug was fixed in the DECstation-compatible clock device which was
preventing some of its registers from being zeroed properly.
* Some endianness bugs were fixed in the generic memory-mapped device
code and in the DECstation-compatible serial device.
| 2013-05-16 07:17:45 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 1.4.1. Changes:
* Problems compiling VMIPS with gcc 4.7.x have been fixed.
* An error has been fixed in the Makefiles which was preventing the
canned setup code from being installed.
* An error has been fixed in the Makefiles which was preventing
CFLAGS and LDFLAGS from being set correctly in some cases.
| 2012-10-14 07:44:45 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (11) | |
Update to 1.4. Notable changes:
- Completely remove half-done disk controller, skeletonize half-done fpu
- Guard use of the FPU with a runtime option (-o fpu).
| 2012-10-03 14:55:23 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (104) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2011-11-27 20:39:09 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (9) |
Fix build with modern GCC
| 2009-06-14 19:51:11 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (120) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs
| 2008-06-20 03:09:45 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (993) |
Add DESTDIR support.
| 2008-03-04 12:02:26 by Roland Illig | Files touched by this commit (51) | |
Resign from maintaining a lot of packages, so everyone is free to update
them at will.