/erlang, Concurrent functional programming language
19.0nb1, Package name:
erlang-19.0nb1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Erlang is a programming language which has many features more commonly
associated with an operating system than with a programming language:
concurrent processes, scheduling, memory management, distribution,
The initial open-source Erlang release contains the implementation of
Erlang, as well as a large part of Ericsson's middleware for building
distributed high-availability systems.
Required to run:
] Package options
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-05) Updated to version: erlang-19.0nb1
- (2016-08-09) Updated to version: erlang-19.0
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: erlang-18.3nb1
- (2016-04-21) Updated to version: erlang-18.3
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: erlang-18.2.1nb1
- (2016-01-01) Updated to version: erlang-18.2.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-09-05 18:03:38 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Use GCC -shared on SunOS. Fixes shared libraries. Bump PKGREVISION.
| 2016-08-09 17:03:15 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
Update lang/erlang to 19.0 (R19)
- compiler, stdlib:
- New preprocessor macros ?FUNCTION_NAME, ?FUNCTION_ARITY
- New preprocessor directives -error(Term) and -warning(Term) to
cause a compilation error or warning, respectively.
- gen_statem a new state machine behavior
- mnesia_ext: plugin of external storage solutions to mnesia
- crypto: uses EVP interface in OpenSSL resulting in generally
better performance and support for HW acceleration
- ssh: performance improvements, uses the new gen_statem behavior
- ssl: enhanced error log messages
- dialyzer: the support for maps is very much extended both the
type specification syntax and the type analysis.
- erlang:open_port(spawn, ...) 3-5 times faster
- tracing, extensive improvements (scalability, speed, match
specifications on send/receive, support for lttng, ...)
- dirty schedulers improved
- per process configurable handling of message_queue
- fast loading of multiple modules
- max_heap_size process flag
- erts/kernel: Experimental support for Unix Domain Sockets
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-07-07 17:07:36 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Use CC for linking. Fixes SunOS SSP builds.
| 2016-06-08 12:16:57 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (89) |
Remove the stability entity, it has no meaning outside of an official context.
| 2016-06-08 11:46:05 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (47) |
Change the service_bundle name to "export" to reduce diffs between the
original manifest.xml file and the output from "svccfg export".
| 2016-04-21 13:24:23 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (7) | |
Update lang/erlang* to 18.3.
Some highlights of the release are:
- New statistics info about runnable and active processes & ports.
- Time warp improvements: dbg:p/2 and erlang:trace/3 with
monotonic_timestamp | strict_monotonic_timestamp.
- Introduced a validation callback for heart.
- The module overload in sasl has been deprecated.
- ~90 contributions since 18.2
Full release notes:
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.