/tcl, Tool Command Language, a dynamic language
8.5.14, Package name:
tcl-8.5.14, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Tcl (Tool Command Language) is a very powerful but easy to learn dynamic
programming language, suitable for a very wide range of uses, including
web and desktop applications, networking, administration, testing and
many more. Open source and business-friendly, Tcl is a mature yet
evolving language that is truly cross platform, easily deployed and
* Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk, 4th Edition
* Tcl and the Tk Toolkit, 2nd Edition
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-06-01) Updated to version: tcl-8.5.14
- (2012-11-25) Updated to version: tcl-8.5.13
- (2012-11-07) Updated to version: tcl-8.5.12nb2
- (2012-08-23) Updated to version: tcl-8.5.12nb1
- (2012-08-22) Updated to version: tcl-8.5.12
- (2011-08-16) Updated to version: tcl-8.4.18nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2013-05-31 22:15:05 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (6) |
| 2013-04-08 16:19:38 by Tero Kivinen | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Added installation of http 2.7.10 package to get xml2rfc.tcl
to work. This will install http/http.tcl and http/pkgIndex.tcl
to the tcl8.5/http/ directory.
| 2012-11-24 22:38:50 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (12) | |
* --enable-aqua build for Mac OS X is now a Cocoa implementation.
* Support has been added for Cygwin network pathnames.
* Updated to Unicode 6.2 support. Fixes for several crashes and bugs.
| 2012-11-07 15:30:48 by Havard Eidnes | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Reinstate the NetBSD tweak to install $MACHINE_ARCH in
tcl_platform(machine), instead of using $MACHINE there.
This is in preparation for reverting the recent change
to the net/tcl-scotty PLIST.
| 2012-10-02 22:11:57 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (187) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-08-23 18:14:43 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Fix installing on OSX
| 2012-08-23 00:03:17 by John Marino | Files touched by this commit (4) |
lang/tcl: Ensure tclConfig.sh has embedded rpath
The runpath of the TCL_LIB_SPEC was missing as compared to version 8.4,
so the configure script was altered to add it back.
Also, the CONFIGURE_ARGS for thread options had unrecognized arguments.
Problems found and fixes suggested by he@
| 2012-08-21 23:31:47 by John Marino | Files touched by this commit (30) |
lang/tcl: Upgrade from version 8.4.18 to 8.5.12
Highlights of Tcl 8.5
* Features: 8.5 has over 90 TIPs included to provide a wide variety of
* Bignums: Tcl now supports arbitrary-precision integers, which improves
math operations on large integers.
* Safer interps: Tcl's powerful safe interpreter mechanism now has
improved control of time and command limits in slave interpreters.
* clock command: More robust implementation of command for specifying
time, with significant l10n and i18n improvements.
* dict command: New data structure that allows access to data by value
rather than a variable name, which is substantially faster.
* Additional improvements: Faster list search, new and improved
mathematics procedures, anonymous procedures, new ways to package Tcl
extensions, Tcl-level custom channel types, file and line location
information for each command, and more.
There is of course much, much more.
See [8.5 Changes](http://wiki.tcl.tk/10630) on the wiki for a complete
list of new features.