/dovecot2, Secure IMAP and POP3 server
2.2.15nb1, Package name:
dovecot-2.2.15nb1, Maintainer: adam
Dovecot is an open source IMAP and POP3 server for Linux/UNIX-like systems,
written with security primarily in mind. Dovecot is an excellent choice for both
small and large installations. It's fast, simple to set up, requires no special
administration and it uses very little memory.
: kqueue, pam, sqlite, ssl
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-12-12) Updated to version: dovecot-2.2.15nb1
- (2014-11-02) Updated to version: dovecot-2.2.15
- (2014-10-20) Updated to version: dovecot-2.2.14
- (2014-10-10) Updated to version: dovecot-2.2.13nb2
- (2014-10-08) Updated to version: dovecot-2.2.13nb1
- (2014-05-14) Updated to version: dovecot-2.2.13
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-12-12 10:38:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix typo in previous.
Noted by Uwe Klaus.
| 2014-12-12 08:34:13 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
The sqlite option is quite useful, and the dependency it pulls in, sqlite3,
is small and installed on many machines anyway. Turn the option on by
Ok MAINTAINER adam@
| 2014-11-02 08:34:51 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update dovecot2 to 2.2.15.
Some small fixes and changes to v2.2.14. This release is mainly in the hope
that it could still make it into the next Debian stable instead of v2.2.14 -
mainly because of a couple of new assert crashes that started happening in
v2.2.14 and should be fixed now.
* Plugins can now print a banner comment in doveconf output
(typically the plugin version)
* Replication plugin now triggers low (instead of high) priority for
mail copying operations.
* IMAP/POP3/ManageSieve proxy: If destination server can't be
connected to, retry connecting once per second up to the value of
proxy_timeout. This allows quick restarts/upgrades on the backend
server without returning login failures.
* Internal passdb lookups (e.g. done by lmtp/doveadm proxy) wasn't
returning failure in some situations where it should have (e.g.
* LMTP uses mail_log_prefix now for logging mail deliveries instead of
a hardcoded prefix. The non-delivery log prefix is still hardcoded
+ passdb allow_nets=local matches lookups that don't contain an IP
address (internally done by Dovecot services)
+ Various debug logging and error logging improvements
- Various race condition fixes to LAYOUT=index
- v2.2.14 virtual plugin crashed in some situations
| 2014-10-20 12:15:16 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
regen patch, no change, just patches more cleanly
| 2014-10-20 11:29:11 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
* lmtp: Delivered-To: header no longer contains <> around the email
address. Other MDAs don't have it either.
* "Out of disk space" errors are now treated as temporary errors
(not the same as "Out of disk quota").
* replication plugin: Use replication only for users who have a
non-empty mail_replica setting.
+ lmtp proxy: Log a line about each mail delivery.
+ Added login_source_ips setting. This can be used to set the source IP
address round-robin from a pool of IPs (in case you run out of TCP
+ Rawlog settings can use tcp:<host>:<port> as the path.
+ virtual plugin: Don't keep more than virtual_max_open_mailboxes
(default 64) number of backend mailboxes open.
+ SSL/TLS compression can be disabled with ssl_options=no_compression
+ acl: Global ACL file now supports "quotes" around patterns.
+ Added last-login plugin to set user's last-login timestamp on login.
+ LDAP auth: Allow passdb credentials lookup also with auth_bind=yes
- IMAP: MODSEQ was sent in FETCH reply even if CONDSTORE/QRESYNC wasn't
enabled. This broke at least old Outlooks.
- passdb static treated missing password field the same as an empty
- mdbox: Fixed potential infinite looping when scanning a broken
- imap-login, pop3-login: Fixed potential crashes when client
- imap proxy: The connection was hanging in some usage patterns. This
mainly affected older Outlooks.
- lmtp proxy: The proxy sometimes delivered empty mails in error
situations or potentially delivered truncated mails.
- fts-lucene: If whitespace_chars was set, we may have ended up
indexing some garbage words, growing the index size unnecessarily.
- -c and -i parameters for dovecot/doveadm commands were ignored if
the config socket was readable.
- quota: Quota recalculation didn't include INBOX in some setups.
- Mail headers were sometimes added to dovecot.index.cache in wrong
order. The main problem this caused was with dsync+imapc incremental
syncing when the second sync thought the local mailbox had changed.
- doveadm backup didn't notice if emails were missing from the middle
of the destination mailbox. Now it deletes and resyncs the mailbox.
| 2014-10-11 00:05:38 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Remove unneeded patch, confirmed by adam.
| 2014-10-10 16:46:09 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Remove patch file from HEAD, to finish a commit that ended up
mysteriously mixed on HEAD and 2013Q4, despite there not being a
CVS/Tag file in patches.
| 2014-10-09 16:07:17 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1163) |
Remove pkgviews: don't set PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES in Makefiles.