/mailfront, Mail server network protocol front-ends
2.12, Package name:
mailfront-2.12, Maintainer: schmonz
This is mailfront, a package containing customizeable network
front-ends for mail servers. It contains complete SMTP, QMQP,
QMTP, and POP3 front-ends as well as an authentication module for
IMAP. The mail delivery front-ends also contain internal address
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-01-02) Updated to version: mailfront-2.12
- (2009-04-08) Updated to version: mailfront-1.12
- (2006-08-02) Updated to version: mailfront-0.98.1nb1
- (2006-07-29) Updated to version: mailfront-0.98.1
- (2005-11-21) Updated to version: mailfront-0.98
- (2005-10-09) Updated to version: mailfront-0.97
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-21 17:04:04 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2017-01-03 14:56:41 by Amitai Schleier | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Let bg-installer follow the .so symlinks. Fixes install on at least NetBSD.
| 2017-01-02 03:19:47 by Amitai Schleier | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
Update to 2.12. From the changelog:
- Added ability for rbl plugin to capture messages before rejecting them.
- Fixed broken use of -lbg-sysdeps in modules.
- Fixed missing plugin-rbl in installed image.
- Updated for bglibs v2
- Added new "rbl" plugin, to block messages from IPs in an RBL.
- Added new "queuedir" backend, to save messages to simple files.
- Make sure plugin reset functions get called before exiting.
- Added missing plugin-starttls-ucspi to installed files.
- Added support for limiting the number of messages to plugin-counters.
- This version updates the plugin API to add new features:
- Capabilities reported by the SMTP EHLO response can be added by
- Plugins are passed any SMTP parameters given with the sender and
- Plugins can add new commands to the SMTP protocol.
Plugins compiled for previous versions of mailfront will not work
without recompiling. The short-circuit on accept logic has also been
eliminated to fix a semantic issue.
- SMTP AUTH support has been moved into a new plugin, cvm-authenticate.
Existing installations relying on SMTP AUTH support will need to make
sure they are using this new plugin. The smtpfront-qmail wrapper
has been modified to provide this additional plugin.
- Fixed plugin-add-received to add the "IPv6:" prefix in the Received:
header when the protocol is TCP6.
- Added plugin starttls-ucspi to implement STARTTLS using ucspi-tls.
- SMTP AUTH can now be restricted to TLS-enabled sessions.
- Added controls for pop3front-auth to limit the number of USER commands
and authentication failures allowed per session.
- Added control to imapfront-auth to limit the number of authentication
failures allowed per session.
- Modified the clamav plugin to use the newer INSTREAM protocol.
- imapfront-auth now sets $DOVECONF_ENV in Dovecot mode in order to
avoid having Dovecot imapd reset it through doveconf.
- Added Lua scripting plugin (optional, build with 'make lua').
- Modified the qmail backend to evaluate $QMAILQUEUE as late as possible.
This allows more options for changing $QMAILQUEUE in plugins.
- Added support for running Dovecot IMAP from imapfront-auth.
See imapfront.html for details on how to set this up.
- Added support for rejecting whole messages when the recipient count is
exceeded in plugin-counters.
- Made the check-fqdn plugin explicitly reject empty recipients.
- Added a sender domain restriction to the check-fqdn plugin.
- Added missing plugin-spamassassin.so to installation.
- Fix bug in handling invalid message numbers in retrieving messages in
- Added a SpamAssassin scanning plugin.
- Optimized pop3front-maildir to avoid stat'ing each message twice, and
to use sizes recorded in the filename to avoid stat'ing entirely.
See pop3front.html for details on the filenames.
- Libtoolize to fix build on OS X.
| 2015-11-04 00:27:24 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (312) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for mail category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package mutt: missing distfile patch-1.5.24.rr.compressed.gz
Package p5-Email-Valid: missing distfile Email-Valid-1.198.tar.gz
Package pine: missing distfile fancy.patch.gz
Package postgrey: missing distfile targrey-0.31-postgrey-1.34.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile badrcptto.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile outgoingip.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-1.03-realrcptto-2006.12.10.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-smtpd-viruscan-1.3.patch
Package thunderbird24: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Package thunderbird31: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-03-11 15:05:19 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (350) |
Remove example rc.d scripts from PLISTs.
These are now handled dynamically if INIT_SYSTEM is set to "rc.d", or
| 2012-10-08 14:19:35 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (307) |
Drop PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT setting, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2010-03-15 03:51:24 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2009-06-14 20:04:45 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (183) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs