/mailfront, Mail server network protocol front-ends
1.12, Package name:
mailfront-1.12, Maintainer: schmonz
This is mailfront, a package containing customizeable network
front-ends for mail servers. It contains complete SMTP, QMQP,
QMTP, and POP3 front-ends as well as an authentication module for
IMAP. The mail delivery front-ends also contain internal address
Required to run:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2009-04-08) Updated to version: mailfront-1.12
- (2006-08-02) Updated to version: mailfront-0.98.1nb1
- (2006-07-29) Updated to version: mailfront-0.98.1
- (2005-11-21) Updated to version: mailfront-0.98
- (2005-10-09) Updated to version: mailfront-0.97
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version mailfront-0.96 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-04 00:27:24 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (312) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for mail category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package mutt: missing distfile patch-1.5.24.rr.compressed.gz
Package p5-Email-Valid: missing distfile Email-Valid-1.198.tar.gz
Package pine: missing distfile fancy.patch.gz
Package postgrey: missing distfile targrey-0.31-postgrey-1.34.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile badrcptto.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile outgoingip.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-1.03-realrcptto-2006.12.10.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-smtpd-viruscan-1.3.patch
Package thunderbird24: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Package thunderbird31: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-03-11 15:05:19 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (350) |
Remove example rc.d scripts from PLISTs.
These are now handled dynamically if INIT_SYSTEM is set to "rc.d", or
| 2012-10-08 14:19:35 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (307) |
Drop PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT setting, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2010-03-15 03:51:24 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2009-06-14 20:04:45 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (183) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs
| 2009-04-08 03:44:04 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 1.12, addressing PR pkg/34765. From the changelog:
- Fixed problem with overwriting existing session data items.
- Fixed several problems with handling of databytes in rules.
- Fixed crash in plugin cvm-validate when the lookup secret was unset.
- pop3front-auth now supports a no-argument variant on the AUTH command,
used by KMail to test for authentication modes, and documented
Thanks Bernhard Graf for the initial patch
- pop3front-auth and -maildir now support the CAPA command.
Thanks Bernhard Graf for the initial patch
- Made imapfront-auth more compatible with Courier IMAP by adding extra
bits to the CAPABILITY command. Thanks Bernhard Graf.
- plugin-cvm-validate handles modules that provide an "out of scope"
fact by passing to the next plugin.
- Fixed handling of addresses without a domain in @file rules.
Thanks Jorge Valdes
- Fixed the main mailfront program to clean up temporary files properly.
- Modified the SMTP protocol module to export the SASL authentication
- Modified the check-fqdn plugin to append $DEFAULTHOST and
$DEFAULTDOMAIN to addresses if necessary.
- Added separate connect and send timeouts and a maximum message size to
the ClamAV plugin, and fixed a bug with handling port numbers
when using multiple IPs.
- Modified the ClamAV plugin to prefer $CLAMAV_* settings over $CLAMD_*
- Added plugin API documentation.
- Added a ClamAV virus scanner plugin. Note: Using this plugin will
cause mailfront to save messages to temporary files. See
mailfront.html for details.
- Modified the plugin API to add a version code, a flags word, and to
(optionally) save messages to a temporary file.
- Fixed a few cases where the UCSPI-TCP protocol was assumed.
- Fixed pop3front-maildir breakage on dietlibc/uClibc and empty
maildirs. Thanks Wayne Marshall.
- Fixed a bug in the counters plugin that triggered a problem in the
SMTP protocol when handling the SIZE=# parameter.
- Reversed the order of cvm-validate and qmail-validate in the wrapper
scripts (and documentation) due to the semantics of the two plugins.
- Added a list of built-in plugins. The list currently contains the
three accept* plugins, which are extremely trivial.
Mailfront has been rewritten to be totally modular. The core mailfront
program loads the protocol, backend, and all plugin behaviors at run
time from shared objects.
The previous commands, such as smtpfront-qmail, are now shell script
wrappers for the main "mailfront" command, and as such are depricated in
favor of using "mailfront" directly. The *front-qmail wrappers preload
all the plugins that were previously compiled into the corresponding
check-fqdn counters mailrules relayclient cvm-validate
qmail-validate add-received patterns accept-sender
NOTE: The *front-reject backends have been dropped in favor of a plugin.
In addition, the $REQUIRE_AUTH feature has been moved to another plugin.
If you used this backend or feature you will need to adjust your
| 2008-03-17 12:41:46 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) |
distfile is in "archive" now.
| 2006-08-02 04:42:22 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Pass the runtime path to bglibs to the linker, now that they're dynamic.
Bump PKGREVISION since mailfront was building but failed to run.