/offlineimap, Powerful IMAP/Maildir synchronization and reader support
6.5.6, Package name:
offlineimap-6.5.6, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
OfflineIMAP is a tool to simplify your e-mail reading.
It synchronizes remote IMAP folders and local Maildir folders. It is fast
flexible and safe. It is also useful if you want to use a mail reader that
does not have IMAP support, has poor IMAP support, or does not provide
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-05-30) Updated to version: offlineimap-6.5.6
- (2014-04-23) Updated to version: offlineimap-6.5.5
- (2012-03-15) Updated to version: offlineimap-22.214.171.124nb1
- (2012-02-19) Updated to version: offlineimap-126.96.36.199
- (2010-02-11) Updated to version: offlineimap-4.0.16nb1
- (2007-02-16) Updated to version: offlineimap-4.0.16
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-01-01 15:44:09 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (577) |
Add python-3.6 to incompatible versions.
| 2016-07-09 15:04:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (599) |
Remove python33: adapt all packages that refer to it.
| 2015-12-05 22:26:09 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (578) |
Extend PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE to 35
| 2015-11-04 00:27:24 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (312) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for mail category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package mutt: missing distfile patch-1.5.24.rr.compressed.gz
Package p5-Email-Valid: missing distfile Email-Valid-1.198.tar.gz
Package pine: missing distfile fancy.patch.gz
Package postgrey: missing distfile targrey-0.31-postgrey-1.34.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile badrcptto.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile outgoingip.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-1.03-realrcptto-2006.12.10.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-smtpd-viruscan-1.3.patch
Package thunderbird24: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Package thunderbird31: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-05-30 17:28:06 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 6.5.6. From the changelog:
* Fix IDLE mode regression (it didn't worked) introduced
after v6.5.5 (pointy hat goes to Eygene Ryabinkin, kudos --
to Tomasz Żok)
* Add knob to invoke folderfilter dynamically on each sync (GitHub#73)
* Add knob to apply compression to IMAP connections (Abdó Roig-Maranges)
* Add knob to filter some headers before uploading message
to IMAP server (Abdó Roig-Maranges)
* Allow to sync GMail labels and implement GmailMaildir repository that
adds mechanics to change message labels (Abdó Roig-Maranges)
* Allow to migrate status data across differend backends
* Support XDG Base Directory Specification
(if $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/offlineimap/config exists, use it as the
default configuration path; ~/.offlineimaprc is still tried after
XDG location) (GitHub#32)
* Allow multiple certificate fingerprints to be specified inside
| 2014-05-09 09:37:28 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (553) |
Mark packages that are not ready for python-3.3 also not ready for 3.4,
until proven otherwise.
| 2014-04-23 18:11:32 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 6.5.5. From the changelog:
OfflineIMAP v6.5.5 (2013-10-07)
* Avoid lockups for IMAP synchronizations running with the
"-1" command-line switch (X-Ryl669 <email@example.com>)
* Dump stacktrace for all threads on SIGQUIT: ease debugging
of threading and other issues
* SIGHUP is now handled as the termination notification rather than
the signal to reread the configuration (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
* Honor the timezone of emails (Tobias Thierer)
* Allow mbnames output to be sorted by a custom sort key by specifying
a 'sort_keyfunc' function in the [mbnames] section of the config.
* Support SASL PLAIN authentication method. (Andreas Mack)
* Support transport-only tunnels that requre full IMAP authentication.
* Make the list of authentication mechanisms to be configurable.
* Allow to set message access and modification timestamps based
on the "Date" header of the message itself. (Cyril Russo)
* "peritem" format string for [mbnames] got new expansion key
"localfolders" that corresponds to the same parameter of the
local repository for the account being processed.
* [regression] pass folder names to the foldersort function,
revert the documented behaviour
* Fix handling of zero-sized IMAP data items (GitHub#15).
* Updated bundled imaplib2 to 2.35:
- fix for Gmail sending a BYE response after reading >100 messages
in a session;
- includes fix for GitHub#15: patch was accepted upstream.
* Updated bundled imaplib2 to 2.36: it includes support for SSL
version override that was integrated into our code before,
no other changes.
* Fixed parsing of quoted strings in IMAP responses: strings like "\\"
were treated as having \" as the escaped quote, rather than treating
it as the quoted escaped backslash (GitHub#53).
* Execute pre/post-sync hooks during synchronizations
toggled by IMAP IDLE message processing. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Catch unsuccessful local mail uploads when IMAP server
responds with "NO" status; that resulted in a loss of such
local messages. (Adam Spiers)
* Don't create folders if readonly is enabled.
* Learn to deal with readonly folders to properly detect this
condition and act accordingly. One example is Gmail's "Chats"
folder that is read-only, but contains logs of the quick chats. (E.
* Fix str.format() calls for Python 2.6 (D. Logie)
* Remove APPENDUID hack, previously introduced to fix Gmail, no longer
necessary, it might have been breaking things. (J. Wiegley)
* Improve regex that could lead to 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'group' (D. Franke)
* Improved error throwing on repository misconfiguration
OfflineIMAP v6.5.4 (2012-06-02)
* bump bundled imaplib2 library 2.29 --> 2.33
* Actually perform the SSL fingerprint check (reported by J. Cook)
* Curses UI, don't use colors after we shut down curses already (C.Höger)
* Document that '%' needs encoding as '%%' in configuration files.
* Fix crash when IMAP.quickchanged() led to an Error (reported by sharat87)
* Implement the createfolders setting to disable folder propagation (see docs)
OfflineIMAP v188.8.131.52 (2012-04-03)
* Don't fail if no dry-run setting exists in offlineimap.conf
(introduced in 6.5.3)
OfflineIMAP v6.5.3 (2012-04-02)
* --dry-run mode protects us from performing any actual action. It will
not precisely give the exact information what will happen. If e.g. it
would need to create a folder, it merely outputs "Would create folder
X", but not how many and which mails it would transfer.
* internal code changes to prepare for Python3
* Improve user documentation of nametrans/folderfilter
* Fixed some cases where invalid nametrans rules were not caught and
we would not propagate local folders to the remote repository.
(now tested in test03)
* Revert "* Slight performance enhancement uploading mails to an IMAP
server in the common case." It might have led to instabilities.
* Revamped documentation structure. `make` in the `docs` dir or `make
doc` in the root dir will now create the 1) man page and 2) the user
documentation using sphinx (requiring python-doctools, and
sphinx). The resulting user docs are in `docs/html`. You can also
only create the man pages with `make man` in the `docs` dir.
* -f command line option only works on the untranslated remote
repository folder names now. Previously folderfilters had to match
both the local AND remote name which caused unwanted behavior in
combination with nametrans rules. Clarify in the help text.
* Some better output when using nonsensical configuration settings
* Improve compatability of the curses UI with python 2.6
* Add "strongly recommended" dependency on py-sqlite3.
* Remove seemingly outdated MESSAGE.
| 2014-01-25 11:30:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (533) | |
Mark packages as not ready for python-3.x where applicable;
either because they themselves are not ready or because a
dependency isn't. This is annotated by
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # not yet ported as of x.y.z
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # py-foo, py-bar
respectively, please use the same style for other packages,
and check during updates.
Use versioned_dependencies.mk where applicable.
Use REPLACE_PYTHON instead of handcoded alternatives, where applicable.
Reorder Makefile sections into standard order, where applicable.
Remove PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCLUDE_3X lines since that will be default
with the next commit.
Whitespace cleanups and other nits corrected, where necessary.