/pine-pgp-filters, Filters to integrate Pine with gnupg or pgp
1.6nb1, Package name:
pine-pgp-filters-1.6nb1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
pine-pgp-filters are simple, fast, Bourne Shell-based pgp filters
for Pine. They use gnupg if it's available. It includes encrypt,
decrypt, sign, and verify functions and a pseudo-filter to verify
messages that were sent using MIME encoding to attach the signature.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2008-10-03) Updated to version: pine-pgp-filters-1.6nb1
- (2008-06-13) Updated to version: pine-pgp-filters-1.6
- (2006-02-19) Updated to version: pine-pgp-filters-1.1nb3
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version pine-pgp-filters-1.1nb2 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-04 00:27:24 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (312) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for mail category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package mutt: missing distfile patch-1.5.24.rr.compressed.gz
Package p5-Email-Valid: missing distfile Email-Valid-1.198.tar.gz
Package pine: missing distfile fancy.patch.gz
Package postgrey: missing distfile targrey-0.31-postgrey-1.34.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile badrcptto.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile outgoingip.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-1.03-realrcptto-2006.12.10.patch
Package qmail: missing distfile qmail-smtpd-viruscan-1.3.patch
Package thunderbird24: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Package thunderbird31: missing distfile enigmail-1.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2012-10-08 14:19:35 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (307) |
Drop PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT setting, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2009-06-14 20:04:45 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (183) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs
| 2008-10-02 20:31:13 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Requires gpg. Bump revision.
| 2008-06-12 23:46:45 by David Brownlee | Files touched by this commit (7) | |
Update mail/pine-pgp-filters and fix a DESTDIR issue.
Three pkgsrc patches integrated, plus changes since 1.1:
----- November 2007 - Version 1.6 released -----
1. Check for gpg2 first, and prefer it if available.
----- November 2007 - Version 1.5 released -----
3. Add a --- Status --- line for the beginning and end of the PGP
stuff which includes a timestamp to help avoid a socially engineered
message that includes the "good signature" output in the same format
as what we print.
2. Make sure that all --- Status --- messages are 76 characters long.
1. When displaying MIME messages after verification, substitute a space
for the MIME'ified =20 character at the end of a line, and substitute
an = sign for the MIME'ified =3D. This greatly improves readability
of the verified message.
----- July - October 2007 - Version 1.4 developed, not released -----
NB: Support for older versions of pgp, and PGP from PGP Inc. has
been dropped in this version. GnuPG is now a requirement. This is
in line with the requirements for other PGP addons such as enigmail
Benjamin R. Haskell, pine-pgp ~ benizi.com was instrumental in helping
to suggest methods for and test the results of changes 1-5 in this
6. Fix error handling in ppf_mime_decrypt, and make use of the $cfile
variable instead of guessing which file has the message.
5. Look for gpg in PREFIX/bin, /usr/bin, and /bin in that order.
4. Move "build" of the scripts to an all target in the Makefile.
3. Change to using csplit since command line options for both
GNU and BSD versions are compatible, unlike split.
2. Improve portability for users of GNU make and mktemp.
1. Add error handling for failed TDIR creation in ppf_decrypt,
ppf_verify, and ppf_mime*.
----- October 2006 - Version 1.3 released -----
6. Include more mail headers in the grep'ed output of the MIME scripts,
and try to strip more MIME headers from the message.
5. Use local for function variables.
4. Remove commented out code for really old versions of pgp.
3. Do a better job of finding the crucial bits of a MIME message, and
fail more gracefully if we do not.
2. Fix bug that prevented ppf_mime* from working with messages sent by
Evolution, KMail, and any other MIME client that interprets RFC 3156
the same way. (Thanks to Bjoern A. Zeeb <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the tip!)
1. Update e-mail and web addresses.
----- April 2005 - Version 1.2 released -----
7. Update copyright for this year, and use my full given name.
6. For sign and encrypt, scan the headers to determine the right user.
This requires adding _INCLUDEALLHDRS_ to the filter line.
5. Add a message to tell users why their password is needed for ppf_decrypt.
4. Create symlinks in PREFIX/bin for the ppf_mime* scripts.
3. Add User-Agent to the list of headers to display in mime filters.
2. Add a first pass at a ppf_mime_decrypt script. More work is
needed here, see BUGS.
1. In some past version of Pine, the display of filter output changed,
so adjust the line length of some of the messages to accommodate.
| 2008-06-12 04:14:58 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1134) |
Add DESTDIR support.
| 2008-03-17 12:53:37 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Update MASTER_SITES and HOMEPAGE (and 1.1 is in old)
| 2006-03-04 22:31:14 by Johnny C. Lam | Files touched by this commit (2257) |
Point MAINTAINER to pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org in the case where no
developer is officially maintaining the package.
The rationale for changing this from "tech-pkg" to \
that it implies that any user can try to maintain the package (by
submitting patches to the mailing list). Since the folks most likely
to care about the package are the folks that want to use it or are
already using it, this would leverage the energy of users who aren't