/screen, Multi-screen window manager
4.2.1nb1, Package name:
screen-4.2.1nb1, Maintainer: kim
Screen is a full-screen window manager that multiplexes a physical terminal
between several processes (typically interactive shells).
Each virtual terminal provides the functions of a DEC VT100 terminal and, in
addition, several control functions from the ANSI X3.64 (ISO 6429) and ISO
2022 standards (e.g. insert/delete line and support for multiple character
sets). There is a scrollback history buffer for each virtual terminal and a
copy-and-paste mechanism that allows moving text regions between windows.
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-01-12) Updated to version: screen-4.2.1nb1
- (2014-08-26) Updated to version: screen-4.2.1
- (2014-06-09) Updated to version: screen-4.0.3nb6
- (2012-09-15) Updated to version: screen-4.0.3nb5
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-02-18 21:01:49 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Race conditions around term.h.
| 2015-02-13 05:44:40 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (13) |
Add patch which includes <sys/uio.h> to fix build on OpenBSD.
| 2015-01-13 09:27:28 by Havard Eidnes | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Remove patch for a generated(!) file. Remove the old-style-named patch
which already tweaked the tty.sh file, name it according to the new rules.
This is to actually get the netbsd-5 branch working with this, since
realpath() insists on a non-NULL second argument.
| 2015-01-12 15:24:40 by Havard Eidnes | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
The NetBSD -5 branch's version of realpath() insists on a non-NULL
second argument, so make the usage cater for that.
| 2014-10-09 16:07:17 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1163) |
Remove pkgviews: don't set PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES in Makefiles.
| 2014-09-19 15:17:22 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add missing screen-256color entry for terminfo build.
| 2014-08-27 18:14:27 by Richard PALO | Files touched by this commit (1) |
SunOS needs at least XPG4_2 to expose some structs from <sys/socket.h>
namely msg_control and msg_controllen. Use XPG5 with _XOPEN_SOURCE=500
| 2014-08-25 22:02:32 by Kimmo Suominen | Files touched by this commit (17) | |
Upgrade screen to version 4.2.1.
Version 4.2.1 (28/04/2014):
* allow for terminal with long $TERM (up to 32 characters)
* allow to use long logins
* documentation fixes
* runtime fixes
Version 4.2.0 (17/04/2014):
* 'unbindall' to unbind all commands
* 'up', 'down', 'left', 'right' sub-commands for 'focus'
* 'rendition' to specify rendition to use in caption/hardstatus for
window-names that have bell/monitor/silence/so turned on.
* 'layout', with the following sub-commands
- 'autosave' ('autosave on' or 'autosave off')
- 'save' ('save <name>')
* 'group' for moving window(s) into a group.
* 'defmousetrack' and 'mousetrack', to turn on/off mouse-tracking for
displays. It's turned off by default. With mouse-tracking turned on, it's
possible to switch to a region ('focus') using mouse clicks. It's also
possible to select a text region in copy-mode using a mouse click to place
a mark and the scroll wheel to scroll through the buffer. Additional
features might be to allow clicking on window-titles in the caption to
switch to that window.
* All commands prefixed '@' are treated as 'quiet', i.e. '@'-prefixed commands
do not trigger any display messages.
* '-v' parameter to 'split' command for vertical splits.
* 'sorendition' deprecated in favour of 'rendition so'.
* 'digraph' can take a second parameter to specify custom digraphs. For
'digraph >= ≥' or 'digraph >= U+2265'
Using '0' as the second parameter will remove the digraph.
* 'stuff' will prompt for input if there's nothing to stuff.
* The argument to ":number" can be prefixed with '+' or '-' to use \
it as a
* '-g' parameter to 'windowlist' to show nested list of windows.
* '//group' parameter to 'screen' to create a grouped window.
* 'blankerprg' shows the currently set command on no argument.
* 'maxwin' can now be used to increase the number of maximum windows.
* $PID expands to the PID of the screen session.
* $PWD expands to the current working directory of the session.
* $STY expands to the session name.
* Tilde-expansion in pathnames (e.g. for the 'source' command)
* C-style escapes can be used (e.g. "\n" to get a newline with 'stuff')
* '%p' in caption/hardstatus string expands to the PID of the backend, and
'%+p' expands to the PID of the frontend (display).
* '%S' in caption/hardstatus string expands to the session name.
* '%P' in the caption string evaluates to true if the region is in copy mode.
* '%E' in the caption string evaluates to true if the escape character has
currently been pressed.
* Nested views when there are window groups (with 'windowlist -g').
* Press 'm' to toggle the most-recent view.
* Press 'g' to toggle nestedness.
* Press 'a' to view all windows in the list.
* Press '/' to search in the list.
* Press ',' and '.' to re-order windows in the list.
* Press 'K' to kill a window (requires confirmation).
* Press 'd' to detach a display, 'D' to power-detach.
* Start using 'ChangeLog' for logging changes again.
* Terminfo update for 256-color support.
* Multiple input history (partially from Romain Francoise).
* vi-like fFtT;, searching in copy mode.
* In copy mode, search in reverse direction when 'N' is pressed.
* Tab-completion for command input.
* Some more readline-like bindings in input mode (e.g. ^W, ^D, ^P, ^N etc.)
* Fix displaying unicode characters in the caption/hardstatus on UTF8 locale.
* A revamped displays list (for 'displays' command)
* Increased default maximum number of windows from 40 to 100.
* Increased number color/attribute changes in caption/hardstatus string from \
16 to 256.
* Some commands can be remotely queried using the -Q command-line flag.
* Scripting support (thanks to Google Summer of Code 2009 project by Rui Guo)