/tmux, BSD-licensed terminal multiplexer (GNU Screen alternative)
2.1, Package name:
tmux-2.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Tmux is a "terminal multiplexer", it enables a number of terminals
(or windows) to be accessed and controlled from a single terminal.
Tmux is intended to be a simple, modern, BSD-licensed alternative
to programs such as GNU screen.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-12-31) Updated to version: tmux-2.1
- (2015-08-18) Updated to version: tmux-2.0nb2
- (2015-06-29) Updated to version: tmux-2.0nb1
- (2015-05-17) Updated to version: tmux-2.0
- (2014-02-22) Updated to version: tmux-1.9a
- (2014-02-22) Updated to version: tmux-1.9
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-01-09 12:13:15 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Fix two issues with autoconf.
1. add missing pkg-config dependency for pkg-config m4 file
2. fix quoting in a macro in configure.ac.
| 2015-12-31 08:07:16 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update to 2.1
CHANGES FROM 2.0 to 2.1 18 October 2015
* Mouse-mode has been rewritten. There's now no longer options for:
Instead there is just one option: 'mouse' which turns on mouse support
* 'default-terminal' is now a session option. Furthermore, if this is set
to 'screen-*' then emulate what screen does. If italics are wanted, this
can be set to 'tmux' but this is still new and not necessarily supported
on all platforms with older ncurses installs.
* The c0-* options for rate-limiting have been removed. Instead, a backoff
approach is used.
* New formats:
* 'copy-selection', 'append-selection', 'start-named-buffer' now understand
an '-x' flag to prevent it exiting copying mode.
* 'select-pane' now understands '-P' to set window/pane background colours.
* 'renumber-windows' now understands windows which are unlinked.
* 'bind' now understands multiple key tables. Allows for key-chaining.
* 'select-layout' understands '-o' to undo the last layout change.
* The environment is updated when switching sessions as well as attaching.
* 'select-pane' now understands '-M' for marking a pane. This marked pane
can then be used with commands which understand src-pane specifiers
* If a session/window target is prefixed with '=' then only an exact match
* 'move-window' understands '-a'.
* 'update-environment' understands '-E' when attach-session is used on an
already attached client.
* 'show-environment' understands '-s' to output Bourne-compatible commands.
* New option: 'history-file' to save/restore command prompt history.
* Copy mode is exited if the history is cleared whilst in copy-mode.
* 'copy-mode' learned '-e' to exit copy-mode when scrolling to end.
| 2015-11-16 04:16:50 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
| 2015-11-04 00:49:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (330) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for misc category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package colorls: missing distfile ls.tar.gz
Package molden: missing distfile molden-4.6/molden4.6.tar.gz
Package softmaker-office-demo: missing distfile ofl06trial.tgz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-08-18 09:31:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (282) |
Bump all packages that depend on curses.bui* or terminfo.bui* since they
might incur ncurses dependencies on some platforms, and ncurses just bumped
Some packages were bumped twice now, sorry for that.
| 2015-06-23 17:05:02 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Apply build change from MacPorts to fix open(1) behaviour from within a
tmux session on Darwin. Noticed by Cesar Crusius in joyent/pkgsrc#246.
| 2015-05-16 22:27:49 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 2.0
CHANGES FROM 1.9a to 2.0 6 March 2015
* The choose-list command has been removed.
* 'terminal-overrides' is now a server option, not a session option.
* 'message-limit' is now a server option, not a session option.
* 'monitor-content' option has been removed.
* 'pane_start_path' option has been removed.
* The "info" mechanism which used to (for some commands) provide feedback
has been removed, and like other commands, they now produce nothing on
* tmux can now write an entry to utmp if the library 'utempter' is present
at compile time.
* set-buffer learned append mode (-a), and a corresponding
'append-selection' command has been added to copy-mode.
* choose-mode now has the following commands which can be bound:
* choose-buffer now understands UTF-8.
* Pane navigation has changed:
- The old way of always using the top or left if the choice is ambiguous.
- The new way of remembering the last used pane is annoying if the
layout is balanced and the leftmost is obvious to the user (because
clearly if we go right from the top-left in a tiled set of four we want
to end up in top-right, even if we were last using the bottom-right).
So instead, use a combination of both: if there is only one possible
pane alongside the current pane, move to it, otherwise choose the most
recently used of the choice.
* 'set-buffer' can now be told to give names to buffers.
* The 'new-session', 'new-window', 'split-window', and 'respawn-pane' commands
now understand multiple arguments and handle quoting problems correctly.
* 'capture-pane' understands '-S-' to mean the start of the pane, and '-E-' to
mean the end of the pane.
* Support for function keys beyond F12 has changed. The following explains:
- F13-F24 are S-F1 to S-F12
- F25-F36 are C-F1 to C-F12
- F37-F48 are C-S-F1 to C-S-F12
- F49-F60 are M-F1 to M-F12
- F61-F63 are M-S-F1 to M-S-F3
Therefore, F13 becomes a binding of S-F1, etc.
* Support using pane id as part of session or window specifier (so % means
session-of-%1 or window-of-%1) and window id as part of session
(so @1 means session-of-@1).
* 'copy-pipe' command now understands formats via -F
* 'if-shell' command now understands formats via -F
* 'split-window' and 'join-window' understand -b to create the pane to the left
or above the target pane.
| 2014-12-15 12:46:36 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (23) |
The "rename" rule is a published synonym for the "opt" \
transform rule, however
only the latter is supported by cwrappers. Change them all to "opt" \
consistency and to gain compatibility with cwrappers.