/darkstat, Network statistics gatherer
3.0.715nb1, Package name:
darkstat-3.0.715nb1, Maintainer: bartosz.kuzma
Effectively, it's a packet sniffer which runs as a background process
on a cable/DSL router, gathers all sorts of useless but interesting
statistics, and serves them over HTTP.
* Traffic graphs.
* Tracks traffic per host.
* Tracks traffic per TCP and UDP port for each host.
* Embedded web-server with deflate compression.
* Asynchronous reverse DNS resolution using a child process.
* Small. Portable. Single-threaded. Efficient.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-02-12) Updated to version: darkstat-3.0.715nb1
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2012-03-22) Updated to version: darkstat-3.0.715
- (2011-06-23) Updated to version: darkstat-3.0.714
- (2010-04-14) Updated to version: darkstat-3.0.713
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2013-02-06 20:31:06 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (76) | |
PKGREVISION bumps for net/libpcap update.
| 2012-10-23 19:19:22 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (671) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-03-22 13:30:42 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update darkstat to 3.0.715.
per maintainer updater request by PR 46241.
v3.0.715 (January 2012)
- Compatibility fixes for Hurd and Solaris.
- Use link-time optimization and automake-like silent rules.
- Support systems without ifaddrs.h again.
- Continuing fixes for IPv6 support.
- Only update lastseen time for sender, not recipient.
- Implement --local-only: accounting for hosts on the local net.
- Make failure to bind() a socket non-fatal.
- Make failure to get local IP non-fatal.
- Fall back to gethostbyaddr() if getnameinfo() fails.
- Fix detection of IPv4 multicast addresses.
- Fix decoding on OpenBSD DLT_NULL interfaces (e.g. gif(4))
| 2011-06-23 11:21:38 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 3.0.714, using patch from Bartosz Kuzma in PR 45095.
While here, unset DIST_SUBDIR.
Changes since 3.0.713:
- IPv6 support! Big ups to Mats Erik Andersson who did most
of this work!
- Allow sort on last-seen, thanks to Dirk Koopman.
- Support multiple bind addresses.
- Add --disable-debug configure flag, thanks to Malte S. Stretz.
- Make it possible to save the DB without resetting it (SIGUSR2).
- Web: Use relative URLs, so darkstat works properly behind mod_proxy,
thanks to Malte S. Stretz.
| 2010-04-13 23:02:00 by Daniel Horecki | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 3.0.713 from maintainer.
- Don't require --verbose for pcap_stats.
- Survive interface going down on Linux.
- Support DLT_RAW, implemented by Anton S. Ustyuzhanin.
- Skip accounting for hosts or ports if their max is set to zero.
- Implement --hexdump for troubleshooting.
- Web: Implement --no-lastseen
- Implement --snaplen manual override.
- Fix snaplen problem on recent (1-2 years?) Linux kernels.
- Implement --syslog
- Implement --wait as a NetworkManager workaround.
| 2009-06-14 23:00:05 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (29) |
Convert @exec/@unexec to @pkgdir or drop it.
| 2009-06-14 20:09:49 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (291) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs
| 2008-12-07 12:16:50 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update darkstat to 3.0.712.
Requested by maintainer in PR 40128.
Changes since 3.0.711:
- Web: Add --no-macs option to hide mac addresses.
- Web: Make tables prettier.
- Host detail view now triggers a DNS lookup.
- Manpage tweaks, also move from section 1 to section 8.
- Track and show how long ago a host was last seen.
Suggested by: Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
- Show pcap_stats (like number of packets dropped) in the web
interface and also upon exit.