/rbldnsd, Efficient DNS daemon to serve DNSBL zones
0.997a, Package name:
rbldnsd-0.997a, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
rbldnsd is a small and fast DNS daemon which is especially made to serve DNSBL
zones. This daemon was inspired by Dan J. Bernstein's rbldns program found in
the djbdns package.
rbldnsd is extremely fast - it outperforms both bind and djbdns greatly. It
has very small memory footprint.
The daemon can serve both IP-based (ordb.org, dsbl.org etc) and name-based
(rfc-ignorant.org) blocklists. Unlike DJB's rbldns, it has ability to specify
individual values for every entry, can serve as many zones on a single IP
address as you wish, and, finally, it is a real nameserver: it can reply to DNS
metadata requests. The daemon keeps all zones in memory for faster operations,
but its memory usage is very efficient, especially for repeated TXT values
which are stored only once.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-05-31) Updated to version: rbldnsd-0.997a
- (2013-07-12) Updated to version: rbldnsd-0.996bnb1
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2009-02-24) Updated to version: rbldnsd-0.996b
- (2006-12-09) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version rbldnsd-0.996a (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-04 01:35:47 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (748) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for net category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package haproxy distfile haproxy-1.5.14.tar.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package bsddip: missing distfile bsddip-1.02.tar.Z
Package citrix_ica: missing distfile citrix_ica-10.6.115659/en.linuxx86.tar.gz
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-1.05-test25.diff.bz2
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-cachestats.patch
Package djbdns: missing distfile 0002-dnscache-cache-soa-records.patch
Package gated: missing distfile gated-3-5-11.tar.gz
Package owncloudclient: missing distfile owncloudclient-2.0.2.tar.xz
Package poink: missing distfile poink-1.6.tar.gz
Package ra-rtsp-proxy: missing distfile rtspd-src-18.104.22.168.tar.gz
Package ucspi-ssl: missing distfile ucspi-ssl-0.70-ucspitls-0.1.patch
Package waste: missing distfile waste-source.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-05-30 23:06:39 by Fredrik Pettai | Files touched by this commit (2) |
0.997a (23 Jul 2013)
- minor fixes/changes in packaging, no code changes.
In particular, fixes a build failure on *BSD introduced in 0.997
0.997 (29 Jun 2013)
- main feature of this version is ipv6 support. Many thanks to
Geoffrey T. Dairiki for the implementation of btrie (btrie.c) which
is far superior to old ip4trie code and handles both v4 and v6
- feature: ip6trie - new dataset supports listing of arbitrary length
ip6 CIDRs, along with individual A/TXT values for each prefix
- feature: ip6tset - new dataset supports listing of ip6 /64 subnets
and the exclusion of /128 subnets; only supports a single A/TXT value
for the entire dataset
- optimization: ip4trie - using new trie implementation (developed for
the ip6trie dataset) decreases memory consumption by roughly a factor
- feature: acl dataset - ip6 addresses are now supported in ACLs
- feature: added --enable-asserts configure option to enable
compilation of debugging assertions; assertion checking is
disabled by default
- featurette: zero-length "wildcard" IP4 CIDR prefixes are now
allowed in ip4trie and acl datasets.
| 2014-03-11 15:05:19 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (350) |
Remove example rc.d scripts from PLISTs.
These are now handled dynamically if INIT_SYSTEM is set to "rc.d", or
| 2013-07-12 12:45:05 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (181) | |
Bump PKGREVISION of all packages which create users, to pick up change of
| 2012-10-23 19:19:22 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (671) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-06-12 17:46:06 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (106) |
Add inet6 to default suggested options. It's 2012.
| 2009-06-14 20:09:49 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (291) |
Remove @dirrm entries from PLISTs
| 2009-02-24 01:58:10 by Quentin Garnier | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
- Update to 0.996b
- Add USE_DESTDIR support
- Silence a pkglint warning
- Drop maintainership
* cleanup: #ifdefed dump_a_txt() properly so it will not be compiled
if --disable-master-dump was specified.
* implement "base template" ($=) feature.
* portability and readability fixes from Victor Duchovni
* added configure test for inline and __inline keywords, and only
use #warning keyword if __GNUC__ is defined (more portability fixes
from Victor Duchovni)
* misc type conversions here and there, and change alignment in
mempool.c to be sizeof(void*) instead of sizeof(int), to help
64bit platforms. Thanks to Mike Quintero for an excellent
* bugfix: combined dataset - improper return of query() routine in some
* internal code reorg:
- move firstword[_lc]() to _util.c
- use two structs instead of a set of 2-element arrays in dnset
* bugfix: lowercase base zone names given on command line and in `combined'
dataset, or else they wont be recognized in queries