/suck, Feed a local news server without a dedicated newsfeed
4.3.2nb10, Package name:
suck-4.3.2nb10, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
The primary use for suck is to feed a local INN or CNEWS server, without
the remote NNTP feeding you articles. It is designed for a small, partial
news feed. It is NOT designed to feed 10,000 groups and 3 Gigs of articles
This package contains software for copying news from an NNTP server to your
local machine, and copying replies back up to an NNTP server.
The suck/rpost combination allows you to run your own INN/CNEWS site,
controlling where you get your news, and where you post outgoing articles.
Suck/rpost use only standard NNTP commands that are used by your favorite
news reader (tin, xvnews, strn) such as POST and ARTICLE. If you can use tin
or xvnews against a NNTP site, than you can use Suck/Rpost.
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: suck-4.3.2nb10
- (2014-02-12) Updated to version: suck-4.3.2nb9
- (2013-02-12) Updated to version: suck-4.3.2nb8
- (2012-01-24) Updated to version: suck-4.3.2nb7
- (2011-12-03) Updated to version: suck-4.3.2nb6
- (2010-01-17) Updated to version: suck-4.3.2nb5
CVS history: (Expand)