/mksandbox, Tool for creating sandboxes
1.7, Package name:
mksandbox-1.7, Maintainer: agc
A small shell script to set up a sandbox (usually for a pkgsrc bulk
build), using null mounts.
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-10-14) Updated to version: mksandbox-1.7
- (2016-03-03) Updated to version: mksandbox-1.6
- (2015-07-05) Updated to version: mksandbox-1.5
- (2015-04-14) Updated to version: mksandbox-1.4
- (2013-07-25) Updated to version: mksandbox-1.3
- (2013-07-20) Updated to version: mksandbox-1.2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-10-14 14:50:07 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to mksandbox-1.7. Changes:
- Handle /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf explicitly rather than mounting all of
/run. If /run exists then systemd will dynamically create /run/user/uid
tmpfs mounts inside the chroot which mksandbox is unable to unmount.
| 2016-03-03 05:41:15 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Patch from Silas Silva to:
+ add a --without-src command line argument which allows a sandbox to be
made without mounting any src tree component
+ bump mksandbox package to 1.6.
| 2015-07-05 13:47:14 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) |
mksandbox-1.5: Mount /run on newer Linux for dynamic resolv.conf
| 2015-04-14 10:55:07 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to mksandbox-1.4. Changes:
- Only copy $kernel if it exists, fixes warning on OSX 10.10 which moves
the kernel location to a directory we already mount, noted by J. Lewis
Muir on pkgsrc-users.
- Add NO_CHECKSUM=yes to appease pkglint.
| 2014-03-03 04:30:55 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (43) |
Just define PKGNAME and use it.
| 2013-07-25 00:16:26 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) |
- Add /usr/sfw to SunOS mount dirs, required for certain binaries on
- Mount proper instances of /dev and /dev/fd on SunOS rather than relying
on devfsadm and ucblinks, the latter of which does not exist on newer
- Do not create /var/games if the games user does not exist.
| 2013-07-20 12:20:42 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (3) |
* Mount /proc read-write on Linux, it appears to be required for e.g.
groupadd to function correctly.
* Add new --rodirs and --rwdirs options, which allow arbitrary lists
of directories to be mounted appropriately inside the chroot.
* Add --without-pkgsrc which prevents the default pkgsrc directories
from being mounted.
This allows mksandbox to be easily used for chrooted pbulk setups, using
a simple invocation such as:
mksandbox --without-pkgsrc --rodirs=/usr/pbulk --rwdirs=/shared /chroot
| 2013-07-18 18:07:22 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) |
* Add /lib64 and /usr/lib64 on Linux.
* Ensure that read-only --bind mounts on Linux are actually read-only.