/cups, Common UNIX Printing System
2.2.2, Package name:
cups-2.2.2, Maintainer: sbd
The Common UNIX Printing System provides a portable printing layer for
UNIX operating systems. It has been developed by Easy Software Products
to promote a standard printing solution for all UNIX vendors and users.
CUPS provides the System V and Berkeley command-line interfaces.
CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IETF-IPP) as the basis for
managing print jobs and queues. The Line Printer Daemon (LPD, RFC1179)
and AppSocket protocols are also supported with reduced functionality.
CUPS adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description
("PPD")-based printing options to support real world applications under
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.libusb,v 1.2 2010/06/10 10:28:35 gdt Exp $
With cups 1.4 from pkgsrc, USB printing can use libusb in addition to
traditional USB printer devices.
To see the DeviceURI of all attached printers run:
libusb DeviceURIs start with "usb://".
ulpt(4)/usblp DeviceURIs start with "usb:/dev/" (e.g., "usb:/dev/ulpt0".)
===========================================================================Required to run:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.pam,v 1.2 2002/09/24 12:30:32 wiz Exp $
To authenticate for CUPS using PAM, add the contents of the file:
to your PAM configuration file.
] Required to build:
] Package options
: dbus, dnssd, kerberos, libusb
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-01-21) Updated to version: cups-2.2.2
- (2016-10-09) Updated to version: cups-2.2.1
- (2016-09-30) Updated to version: cups-2.2.0
- (2016-09-20) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4nb2
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4nb1
- (2016-06-19) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-01-21 12:57:10 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups to cups-2.2.2
- Fixed some issues with the Zebra ZPL printer driver (Issue #4898)
- Fixed some issues with IPP Everywhere printer support (Issue #4893,
Issue #4909, Issue #4916, Issue #4921, Issue #4923, Issue #4932,
Issue #4933, Issue #4938)
- The rastertopwg filter could crash with certain input (Issue #4942)
- Optimized connection usage in the IPP backend
- The scheduler did not detect when an encrypted connection was closed
by the client on Linux (Issue #4901)
- The cups-lpd program did not catch all legacy usage of ISO-8859-1
- Fixed builds on systems without a working poll() implementation
- Added a USB quirk rule for the Kyocera Ecosys P6026cdn (Issue #4900)
- The scheduler no longer creates log files on startup
- The ippContainsString function now uses case-insensitive comparisons
for mimeMediaType, name, and text values in conformance with RFC 2911.
- The network backends now log the addresses that were found for a
- Let's Encrypt certificates did not work when the hostname contained
uppercase letters (Issue #4919)
- Fixed reporting of printed pages in the web interface (Issue #4924)
- Updated systemd config files (Issue #4935)
- Updated documentation (PR #4896)
- Updated localizations (PR #4894, PR #4895, PR #4904, PR #4908,
- Updated packaging files (Issue #4940)
| 2017-01-11 14:26:16 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix build with textproc/libunistring budildlink
| 2017-01-04 23:31:48 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Revert last commit. Problem was fixed elsewhere previously. Identified by
wiz@ in private mail.
| 2017-01-01 00:06:51 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Needs mk/readline.buildlink3.mk. Else, the build fails on FreeBSD as
-lreadline can't be found.
| 2016-12-30 08:08:34 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Added avahi as an option so ippfind can be build; unified PLIST and cleanup for \
| 2016-12-12 15:26:15 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Revert "Specify readline requirement"
The underlying problem should be debugged and fixed instead.
| 2016-12-03 17:43:16 by John Marino | Files touched by this commit (1) |
print/cups: Specify readline requirement
/usr/libexec/binutils225/elf/ld.gold: error: cannot find -lreadline
| 2016-10-09 10:33:16 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups to cups-2.2.1
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.2.1
- Added "CreateSelfSignedCerts" directive for cups-files.conf to
control whether the scheduler automatically creates its own
self-signed X.509 certificates for TLS connections (Issue #4876)
- http*Connect did not handle partial failures (Issue #4870)
- Addressed some build warnings on Linux (Issue #4881)
- cupsHashData did not use the correct hashing algorithm
- Updated man pages (PR #4885)
- Updated localizations (PR #4877, PR #4886)