/cups, Common UNIX Printing System
2.1.4nb2, Package name:
cups-2.1.4nb2, Maintainer: sbd
The Common UNIX Printing System provides a portable printing layer for
UNIX operating systems. It has been developed by Easy Software Products
to promote a standard printing solution for all UNIX vendors and users.
CUPS provides the System V and Berkeley command-line interfaces.
CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IETF-IPP) as the basis for
managing print jobs and queues. The Line Printer Daemon (LPD, RFC1179)
and AppSocket protocols are also supported with reduced functionality.
CUPS adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description
("PPD")-based printing options to support real world applications under
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.libusb,v 1.2 2010/06/10 10:28:35 gdt Exp $
With cups 1.4 from pkgsrc, USB printing can use libusb in addition to
traditional USB printer devices.
To see the DeviceURI of all attached printers run:
libusb DeviceURIs start with "usb://".
ulpt(4)/usblp DeviceURIs start with "usb:/dev/" (e.g., "usb:/dev/ulpt0".)
===========================================================================Required to run:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.pam,v 1.2 2002/09/24 12:30:32 wiz Exp $
To authenticate for CUPS using PAM, add the contents of the file:
to your PAM configuration file.
] Package options
: dbus, dnssd, kerberos, libusb
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-20) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4nb2
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4nb1
- (2016-06-19) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: cups-2.1.3nb1
- (2016-02-07) Updated to version: cups-2.1.3
- (2016-01-04) Updated to version: cups-2.1.2nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-09-20 13:12:23 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (7) |
Recursive bump for cups openssl -> gnutls change.
| 2016-09-20 13:07:35 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
cups removed openssl support in 2.0b1.
Switch to gnutls.
Reported by Stephan <firstname.lastname@example.org> on tech-pkg.
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-06-18 22:36:38 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups to 2.1.4
- Switch MASTER_SITES to MASTER_SITE_GITHUB (per-upstream), simplify DISTNAME
handling and get rid of comment (because also the bug handling changed to
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.1.4
- Fixed reporting of 1284 Device IDs (Issue #3835, PR #3836)
- Fixed printing of multiple files to raw queues (Issue #4782)
- The scheduler did not implement the Hold-New-Jobs opertion correctly
- The ipptool program truncated values at 8k (Issue #4786)
- The ipptool program did not correctly report uriScheme values in plist
output (Issue #4785)
- The cups-lpd mini-daemon incorrectly included the document-name
attribute when creating a job. It should only be included when
sending a job (Issue #4790)
- USB quirk updates (Issue #4778, Issue #4789)
- Documentation update (Issue #4772)
| 2016-03-22 15:43:53 by Pierre Pronchery | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Register missing dependency on curses
Found with an unprivileged bootstrap on NetBSD/amd64 (--prefer-pkgsrc yes)
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.
| 2016-02-25 18:52:46 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (7) |
| 2016-02-07 12:29:30 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update print/cups to cups-2.1.3.
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.1.3
- The default password function did not work on some platforms
- The scheduler should not exit under memory pressure
- The EPL2 and ZPL sample drivers did not properly support the CutMedia
- Pending subscriptions would prevent the scheduler from idle exiting
- Fixed some issues in ipptool for skipped tests
- The "lp -H resume" command did not reset the \
attribute value (STR #4752)
- The scheduler did not allow access to resource files (icons, etc.)
when the web interface was disabled (STR #4755)
- Localization fix (STR #4756)