/cups, Common UNIX Printing System
2.1.4nb1, Package name:
cups-2.1.4nb1, Maintainer: sbd
The Common UNIX Printing System provides a portable printing layer for
UNIX operating systems. It has been developed by Easy Software Products
to promote a standard printing solution for all UNIX vendors and users.
CUPS provides the System V and Berkeley command-line interfaces.
CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IETF-IPP) as the basis for
managing print jobs and queues. The Line Printer Daemon (LPD, RFC1179)
and AppSocket protocols are also supported with reduced functionality.
CUPS adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description
("PPD")-based printing options to support real world applications under
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.libusb,v 1.2 2010/06/10 10:28:35 gdt Exp $
With cups 1.4 from pkgsrc, USB printing can use libusb in addition to
traditional USB printer devices.
To see the DeviceURI of all attached printers run:
libusb DeviceURIs start with "usb://".
ulpt(4)/usblp DeviceURIs start with "usb:/dev/" (e.g., "usb:/dev/ulpt0".)
===========================================================================Required to run:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.pam,v 1.2 2002/09/24 12:30:32 wiz Exp $
To authenticate for CUPS using PAM, add the contents of the file:
to your PAM configuration file.
] Package options
: dbus, dnssd, kerberos, libusb
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4nb1
- (2016-06-19) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: cups-2.1.3nb1
- (2016-02-07) Updated to version: cups-2.1.3
- (2016-01-04) Updated to version: cups-2.1.2nb1
- (2015-12-03) Updated to version: cups-2.1.2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-06-18 22:36:38 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups to 2.1.4
- Switch MASTER_SITES to MASTER_SITE_GITHUB (per-upstream), simplify DISTNAME
handling and get rid of comment (because also the bug handling changed to
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.1.4
- Fixed reporting of 1284 Device IDs (Issue #3835, PR #3836)
- Fixed printing of multiple files to raw queues (Issue #4782)
- The scheduler did not implement the Hold-New-Jobs opertion correctly
- The ipptool program truncated values at 8k (Issue #4786)
- The ipptool program did not correctly report uriScheme values in plist
output (Issue #4785)
- The cups-lpd mini-daemon incorrectly included the document-name
attribute when creating a job. It should only be included when
sending a job (Issue #4790)
- USB quirk updates (Issue #4778, Issue #4789)
- Documentation update (Issue #4772)
| 2016-03-22 15:43:53 by Pierre Pronchery | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Register missing dependency on curses
Found with an unprivileged bootstrap on NetBSD/amd64 (--prefer-pkgsrc yes)
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.
| 2016-02-25 18:52:46 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (7) |
| 2016-02-07 12:29:30 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update print/cups to cups-2.1.3.
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.1.3
- The default password function did not work on some platforms
- The scheduler should not exit under memory pressure
- The EPL2 and ZPL sample drivers did not properly support the CutMedia
- Pending subscriptions would prevent the scheduler from idle exiting
- Fixed some issues in ipptool for skipped tests
- The "lp -H resume" command did not reset the \
attribute value (STR #4752)
- The scheduler did not allow access to resource files (icons, etc.)
when the web interface was disabled (STR #4755)
- Localization fix (STR #4756)
| 2016-01-03 20:56:18 by Benny Siegert | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Try to fix cups build under Mac OS X.
The resulting PLIST looks very different, so add a PLIST.Darwin with what
is actually installed.
| 2015-12-02 22:14:16 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (15) | |
Update print/cups to 2.1.2.
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.1.2
- Re-release of CUPS 2.1.1 as CUPS 2.1.2 due to error in tagging of the
2.1.1 release (pulled content from the 2.2.x tree instead)
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.1.1
- Security hardening fixes (<rdar://problem/23131948>,
- The cupsGetPPD* functions did not work with IPP printers (STR #4725)
- Some older HP LaserJet printers need a delayed close when printing
using the libusb-based USB backend (STR #4549)
- The libusb-based USB backend did not unload the kernel usblp module
if it was preventing the backend from accessing the printer
- Current Primera printers were incorrectly reported as Fargo printers
- The IPP backend did not always handle jobs getting canceled at the
- Scheduler logging change (STR #4728)
- Added USB quirk for Canon MP530 (STR #4730)
- The scheduler did not deliver job notifications for jobs submitted to
classes (STR #4733)
- Changing the printer-is-shared value for a remote queue did not
produce an error (STR #4738)
- The IPP backend incorrectly included the job-password attribute in
Validate-Job requests (<rdar://problem/23531939>)
- Updated localizations (STR #4709)