/cups, Common UNIX Printing System
2.2.3, Package name:
cups-2.2.3, Maintainer: sbd
The Common UNIX Printing System provides a portable printing layer for
UNIX operating systems. It has been developed by Easy Software Products
to promote a standard printing solution for all UNIX vendors and users.
CUPS provides the System V and Berkeley command-line interfaces.
CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IETF-IPP) as the basis for
managing print jobs and queues. The Line Printer Daemon (LPD, RFC1179)
and AppSocket protocols are also supported with reduced functionality.
CUPS adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description
("PPD")-based printing options to support real world applications under
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.libusb,v 1.2 2010/06/10 10:28:35 gdt Exp $
With cups 1.4 from pkgsrc, USB printing can use libusb in addition to
traditional USB printer devices.
To see the DeviceURI of all attached printers run:
libusb DeviceURIs start with "usb://".
ulpt(4)/usblp DeviceURIs start with "usb:/dev/" (e.g., "usb:/dev/ulpt0".)
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.nokerberos,v 1.1 2017/02/16 13:09:19 wiz Exp $
When running a non-kerberized cupsd, you need to remove the kerberos
section from the config file. Otherwise cupsd will not start.
===========================================================================Required to run:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.pam,v 1.2 2002/09/24 12:30:32 wiz Exp $
To authenticate for CUPS using PAM, add the contents of the file:
to your PAM configuration file.
] Required to build:
] Package options
: dbus, dnssd, kerberos, libusb
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-08) Updated to version: cups-2.2.3
- (2017-02-12) Updated to version: cups-2.2.2nb2
- (2017-02-06) Updated to version: cups-2.2.2nb1
- (2017-01-21) Updated to version: cups-2.2.2
- (2016-10-09) Updated to version: cups-2.2.1
- (2016-09-30) Updated to version: cups-2.2.0
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-08 09:27:09 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.2.3
- The IPP backend could get into an infinite loop for certain errors,
causing a hung queue (<rdar://problem/28008717>)
- The scheduler could pause responding to client requests in order to
save state changes to disk (<rdar://problem/28690656>)
- Added support for PPD finishing keywords (Issue 4960, Issue 4961,
- The IPP backend did not send a media-col attribute for just the source
or type (Issue 4963)
- IPP Everywhere print queues did not always support all print qualities
supported by the printer (Issue 4953)
- IPP Everywhere print queues did not always support all media types
supported by the printer (Issue 4953)
- The IPP Everywhere PPD generator did not return useful error messages
- The IPP Everywhere finishings support did not work correctly with
common UI or command-line options (Issue 4976)
- Fixed an error handling issue for the network backends (Issue 4979)
- The default cupsd.conf file did not work on systems compiled without
Kerberos support (Issue 4947)
- The "reprint job" option was not available for some canceled jobs
- Updated the job listing in the web interface (Issue 4978)
- Fixed some localization issues on macOS
| 2017-02-18 00:45:48 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Handle non-kerberos automatically. Based on suggestions by pgoyette
and tested by him.
Add upstream bug report URL.
| 2017-02-16 14:09:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add MESSAGE that you have to remove the kerberos section from the
cupsd config file when you build cups without kerberos support.
Found by pgoyette.
| 2017-02-12 07:26:18 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1451) |
Recursive revbump from fonts/harfbuzz
| 2017-02-06 14:56:14 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1452) |
Recursive bump for harfbuzz's new graphite2 dependency.
| 2017-01-21 12:57:10 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups to cups-2.2.2
- Fixed some issues with the Zebra ZPL printer driver (Issue #4898)
- Fixed some issues with IPP Everywhere printer support (Issue #4893,
Issue #4909, Issue #4916, Issue #4921, Issue #4923, Issue #4932,
Issue #4933, Issue #4938)
- The rastertopwg filter could crash with certain input (Issue #4942)
- Optimized connection usage in the IPP backend
- The scheduler did not detect when an encrypted connection was closed
by the client on Linux (Issue #4901)
- The cups-lpd program did not catch all legacy usage of ISO-8859-1
- Fixed builds on systems without a working poll() implementation
- Added a USB quirk rule for the Kyocera Ecosys P6026cdn (Issue #4900)
- The scheduler no longer creates log files on startup
- The ippContainsString function now uses case-insensitive comparisons
for mimeMediaType, name, and text values in conformance with RFC 2911.
- The network backends now log the addresses that were found for a
- Let's Encrypt certificates did not work when the hostname contained
uppercase letters (Issue #4919)
- Fixed reporting of printed pages in the web interface (Issue #4924)
- Updated systemd config files (Issue #4935)
- Updated documentation (PR #4896)
- Updated localizations (PR #4894, PR #4895, PR #4904, PR #4908,
- Updated packaging files (Issue #4940)
| 2017-01-11 14:26:16 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix build with textproc/libunistring budildlink
| 2017-01-04 23:31:48 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Revert last commit. Problem was fixed elsewhere previously. Identified by
wiz@ in private mail.