/cups, Common UNIX Printing System
2.2.1, Package name:
cups-2.2.1, Maintainer: sbd
The Common UNIX Printing System provides a portable printing layer for
UNIX operating systems. It has been developed by Easy Software Products
to promote a standard printing solution for all UNIX vendors and users.
CUPS provides the System V and Berkeley command-line interfaces.
CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IETF-IPP) as the basis for
managing print jobs and queues. The Line Printer Daemon (LPD, RFC1179)
and AppSocket protocols are also supported with reduced functionality.
CUPS adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description
("PPD")-based printing options to support real world applications under
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.libusb,v 1.2 2010/06/10 10:28:35 gdt Exp $
With cups 1.4 from pkgsrc, USB printing can use libusb in addition to
traditional USB printer devices.
To see the DeviceURI of all attached printers run:
libusb DeviceURIs start with "usb://".
ulpt(4)/usblp DeviceURIs start with "usb:/dev/" (e.g., "usb:/dev/ulpt0".)
===========================================================================Required to run:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.pam,v 1.2 2002/09/24 12:30:32 wiz Exp $
To authenticate for CUPS using PAM, add the contents of the file:
to your PAM configuration file.
] Package options
: dbus, dnssd, kerberos, libusb
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-10-09) Updated to version: cups-2.2.1
- (2016-09-30) Updated to version: cups-2.2.0
- (2016-09-20) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4nb2
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4nb1
- (2016-06-19) Updated to version: cups-2.1.4
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: cups-2.1.3nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-10-09 10:33:16 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups to cups-2.2.1
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.2.1
- Added "CreateSelfSignedCerts" directive for cups-files.conf to
control whether the scheduler automatically creates its own
self-signed X.509 certificates for TLS connections (Issue #4876)
- http*Connect did not handle partial failures (Issue #4870)
- Addressed some build warnings on Linux (Issue #4881)
- cupsHashData did not use the correct hashing algorithm
- Updated man pages (PR #4885)
- Updated localizations (PR #4877, PR #4886)
| 2016-09-30 16:10:55 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Updated cups to 2.2.0.
CHANGES.txt - 2.2.0 - 2016-09-13
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.2.0
- Normalized the TLS certificate validation code and added additional
error messages to aid troubleshooting.
- http*Connect did not work on Linux when cupsd was not running
- The --no-remote-any option of cupsctl had no effect (Issue #4866)
- http*Connect did not return early when all addresses failed
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.2rc1
- Updated the list of supported IPP Everywhere media types.
- The IPP backend did not validate TLS credentials properly.
- The printer-state-message attribute was not cleared after a
print job with no errors (Issue #4851)
- The CUPS-Add-Modify-Class and CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer operations did
not always return an error for failed adds (Issue #4854)
- PPD files with names longer than 127 bytes did not work (Issue #4860)
- Updated localizations (Issue #4846, PR #4858)
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.2b2
- Added Upstart support (PR #4825)
- CUPS now supports Let's Encrypt certificates on Linux.
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.2b1
- All CUPS commands now support POSIX options (Issue #4813)
- The scheduler now restarts faster (Issue #4760)
- Improved performance of web interface with large numbers of jobs
- Encrypted printing can now be limited to only trusted printers and
- The scheduler now advertises PWG Raster attributes for IPP Everywhere
clients (Issue #4428)
- The scheduler now logs informational messages for jobs at LogLevel
"info" (Issue #4815)
- The scheduler now uses the getgrouplist function when available
- The IPP backend no longer enables compression by default except for
certain raster formats that generally benefit from it
- The scheduler did not handle out-of-disk situations gracefully
- The LPD mini-daemon now detects invalid UTF-8 sequences in job,
document, and user names (Issue #4748)
- The IPP backend now continues on to the next job when the remote
server/printer puts the job on hold (<rdar://problem/24858548>)
- The scheduler did not cancel multi-document jobs immediately
- The scheduler did not return non-shared printers to local clients
unless they connected to the domain socket (<rdar://problem/24566996>)
- The scheduler now reads the spool directory if one or more job cache
entries point to deleted jobs (<rdar://problem/24048846>)
- Added support for disc media sizes (<rdar://problem/20219536>)
- The httpAddrConnect and httpConnect* APIs now try connecting to
multiple addresses in parallel (<rdar://problem/20643153>)
- The cupsd domain socket is no longer world-accessible on macOS
- Interface scripts are no longer supported for security reasons
- Added a new cupsHashData API and support for hashed job passwords
- Localization fixes (<rdar://problem/25292403>,
<rdar://problem/25461517>, Issue #4041, Issue #4796)
- Documentation changes (Issue #4624, Issue #4781)
- Packaging fixes (PR #4832)
| 2016-09-20 13:12:23 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (7) |
Recursive bump for cups openssl -> gnutls change.
| 2016-09-20 13:07:35 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
cups removed openssl support in 2.0b1.
Switch to gnutls.
Reported by Stephan <email@example.com> on tech-pkg.
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-06-18 22:36:38 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups to 2.1.4
- Switch MASTER_SITES to MASTER_SITE_GITHUB (per-upstream), simplify DISTNAME
handling and get rid of comment (because also the bug handling changed to
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.1.4
- Fixed reporting of 1284 Device IDs (Issue #3835, PR #3836)
- Fixed printing of multiple files to raw queues (Issue #4782)
- The scheduler did not implement the Hold-New-Jobs opertion correctly
- The ipptool program truncated values at 8k (Issue #4786)
- The ipptool program did not correctly report uriScheme values in plist
output (Issue #4785)
- The cups-lpd mini-daemon incorrectly included the document-name
attribute when creating a job. It should only be included when
sending a job (Issue #4790)
- USB quirk updates (Issue #4778, Issue #4789)
- Documentation update (Issue #4772)
| 2016-03-22 15:43:53 by Pierre Pronchery | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Register missing dependency on curses
Found with an unprivileged bootstrap on NetBSD/amd64 (--prefer-pkgsrc yes)
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.