/cups, Common UNIX Printing System
2.0.4, Package name:
cups-2.0.4, Maintainer: sbd
The Common UNIX Printing System provides a portable printing layer for
UNIX operating systems. It has been developed by Easy Software Products
to promote a standard printing solution for all UNIX vendors and users.
CUPS provides the System V and Berkeley command-line interfaces.
CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IETF-IPP) as the basis for
managing print jobs and queues. The Line Printer Daemon (LPD, RFC1179)
and AppSocket protocols are also supported with reduced functionality.
CUPS adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description
("PPD")-based printing options to support real world applications under
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.libusb,v 1.2 2010/06/10 10:28:35 gdt Exp $
With cups 1.4 from pkgsrc, USB printing can use libusb in addition to
traditional USB printer devices.
To see the DeviceURI of all attached printers run:
libusb DeviceURIs start with "usb://".
ulpt(4)/usblp DeviceURIs start with "usb:/dev/" (e.g., "usb:/dev/ulpt0".)
===========================================================================Required to run:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE.pam,v 1.2 2002/09/24 12:30:32 wiz Exp $
To authenticate for CUPS using PAM, add the contents of the file:
to your PAM configuration file.
] Package options
: dbus, dnssd, kerberos, libusb
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-08-06) Updated to version: cups-2.0.4
- (2015-06-19) Updated to version: cups-2.0.3nb1
- (2015-06-13) Updated to version: cups-2.0.3
- (2015-02-17) Updated to version: cups-2.0.2
- (2015-01-02) Updated to version: cups-2.0.1
- (2014-09-08) Updated to version: cups-1.7.5
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-08-06 08:56:33 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 2.0.4:
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.0.4
- Fixed a bug in cupsRasterWritePixels (STR #4650)
- Fixed redirection in the web interface (STR #4538)
- The IPP backend did not respond to side-channel requests (STR #4645)
- The scheduler did not start all pending jobs at once (STR #4646)
- The web search incorrectly searched time-at-xxx values (STR #4652)
- Fixed an RPM spec file issue (STR #4657)
- The scheduler incorrectly started jobs while canceling multiple jobs
- Fixed processing of server overrides without port numbers (STR #4675)
- Documentation changes (STR #4651, STR #4674)
| 2015-06-19 10:20:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Remove group permissions from cgi-bin directory.
E [17/Jun/2015:07:12:52 +0800] Directory \
insecure permissions (040775/uid=0/gid=0).
While here, remove --enable-openssl since the configure script does
not recognize it any longer.
| 2015-06-12 13:02:35 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 2.0.3:
Update print/cups to cups-2.0.3. Provided by Leonardo Taccari in PR 49960.
- Delete "slpd" in the rc.d script. According to CHANGES-1.6.txt CUPS \
support the SLP protocol.
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.0.3
- Security: Fixed CERT VU #810572 exploiting the dynamic linker
- Security: The scheduler could hang with malformed gzip data
- Restored missing generic printer icon file (STR #4587)
- Fixed logging of configuration errors to show up as errors (STR #4582)
- Fixed potential buffer overflows in raster code and filters
(STR #4598, STR #4599, STR #4600, STR #4601)
- Fixed a gzip processing bug (#4602)
- Fixed <Limit> inside <Location> (STR #4575)
- Fixed lpadmin when both -m and -o are used (STR #4578)
- The web interface always showed support for 2-sided printing
- cupsRasterReadHeader did not fully validate the raster header
- The rastertopwg filter did not check for truncated input (STR #4597)
- The cups-lpd mini-daemon did not check for request parameters
- The scheduler could get caught in a busy loop (STR #4605)
- The sample Epson driver could crash (STR #4616)
- The IPP backend now correctly monitors jobs
- The ppdhtml and ppdpo utilities crashed when the -D option was used
before a driver information file (STR #4627)
- ippfind incorrectly substituted "=port" for service_port.
- The IPP/1.1 test file did not handle the initial print job
completing early (STR #4576)
- Fixed a memory leak in cupsConnectDest (STR #4634)
- PWG Raster Format output contained invalid ImageBox values
- Added Russian translation (STR #4577)
- Added German translation (STR #4635)
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,
| 2015-04-23 11:29:22 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Explicitly disable epoll on illumos, it is provided for Linux compat only.
| 2015-03-14 22:07:37 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
fix iconv linkage
| 2015-02-17 14:53:48 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 2.0.2:
CHANGES IN CUPS V2.0.2
- Security: cupsRasterReadPixels buffer overflow with invalid page
header and compressed raster data (STR #4551)
- Command-line programs were not localized on Mac OS X
- The scheduler incorrectly cleared the MakeModel string in the
printers.conf file after a restart (<rdar://problem/16827518>)
- CUPS did not compile with older versions of GNU TLS (STR #4527)
- CUPS did not compile without Avahi or mDNSResponder (STR #4523)
- ippLength() did not return the correct length for IPP_TAG_CONST
- The scheduler incorrectly aborted jobs after a job was restarted
- The cups-files.conf file contained the old ServerCertificate/Key
directives instead of ServerKeychain.
- Fixed builds when no SSL/TLS library is available, or when explicitly
disabled (STR #4531)
- Fixed an OpenBSD charset transcoding issue.
- Fixed USB printing on OpenBSD (STR #4525)
- The --without-xinetd configure option did not work (STR #4542)
- Backends needing to load OS X kernel extensions did not work
- Mapping of PPD keywords to IPP keywords did not work if the PPD
keyword was already an IPP keyword (<rdar://problem/19121005>)
- cupsGetPPD* sent bad requests (STR #4567)
- ippserver used the wrong temporary directory on Windows (STR #4547)
- ippserver did not handle Bonjour registrations properly (STR #4548)
- The scheduler could crash during shutdown if Avahi was shutdown
first (STR #4550)
- Added a USB quirk rule for Intermec printers (STR #4553)
- The scheduler did not always log which configuration file had the
error (STR #4559)
- The ippfind and ipptool programs now correctly match hostnames with
trailing dots (STR #4563)
- The ipptool timeout option did not work (STR #4515)
- Fixed several issues with client.conf, CUPS_SERVER, and the "-h"
option of most commands (STR #4528)
- Another change for OpenBSD (STR #4526)
- Added Japanese localization (STR #4524)
- Documentation changes (STR #4569)
| 2015-01-18 18:15:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update bug report URL.