/gutenprint-lib, Drivers for Canon, Epson, Lexmark, and PCL printers
5.2.10nb3, Package name:
gutenprint-lib-5.2.10nb3, Maintainer: gdt
Gutenprint is a package of high quality printer drivers for Linux,
BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and other UNIX-alike operating systems. In many
cases, these drivers rival or exceed the OEM drivers in quality and
functionality. Our goal is to produce the highest possible output
quality from all supported printers. To that end, we have done
extensive work on screening algorithms, color generation, and printer
feature utilization. We are continuing our work in all of these areas
to produce ever higher quality results, particularly on the
ubiquitous, inexpensive inkjet printers that are nonetheless capable
of nearly photographic output quality. Earlier versions of Gutenprint
were called gimp-print.
This package contains the base library, the Epson utility escputil,
cups support, and a gimp2 plugin.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: gutenprint-lib-5.2.10nb3
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: gutenprint-lib-5.2.10nb2
- (2015-09-14) Updated to version: gutenprint-lib-5.2.10nb1
- (2015-09-10) Updated to version: gutenprint-lib-5.2.10
- (2015-06-13) Updated to version: gutenprint-lib-5.2.9nb22
- (2015-04-25) Updated to version: gutenprint-lib-5.2.9nb21
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.
| 2015-11-04 02:03:03 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1194) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for print category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package acroread7: missing distfile AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386.tar.gz
Package acroread8: missing distfile AdobeReader_enu-8.1.7-1.sparc.tar.gz
Package cups-filters: missing distfile cups-filters-1.1.0.tar.xz
Package dvidvi: missing distfile dvidvi-1.0.tar.gz
Package lgrind: missing distfile lgrind.tar.bz2
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-09-13 20:34:54 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Add patch to avoid test failure without installed package.
The new patch is from upstream and will be in the next release.
Set LICENSE (GPL2).
| 2015-09-11 14:52:04 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Note that tests fail unless the package is already installed.
| 2015-09-11 14:50:34 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Belatedly add patch from previous commit.
| 2015-09-10 02:10:24 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 5.2.10.
Gutenprint 5.2.10 no longer supports Macintosh OS X 10.4 or earlier.
[See NEWS for the list of printers; ~1000 lines were omitted from this
1) Added a unified CUPS backend to support selected dye sublimation
2) New printers supported in this release:
3) The following Canon printer models were not added, as they cannot
currently be supported, even experimentally, owing to an as-yet
unknown command format or other issues:
4) Corrected page dimensions for borderless printing with Canon
5) Added duplex support for the EPSON WorkForce 630, 635, and 645,
6) Expanded printable area at the bottom of the page for the Epson
Stylus Pro 3800 and 3880.
7) Added IEEE1284 device IDs for the following printers.
8) Added Catalan, Turkish, and Vietnamese translations.
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,