/pam-krb5, Very flexible kerberos module for the PAM framework
4.6, Package name:
pam-krb5-4.6, Maintainer: pettai
pam-krb5 is a Kerberos v5 PAM module for either MIT Kerberos or Heimdal.
It supports ticket refreshing by screen savers, configurable
authorization handling, authentication of non-local accounts for network
services, password changing, and password expiration, as well as all the
standard expected PAM features.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2012-06-17) Updated to version: pam-krb5-4.6
- (2012-03-20) Updated to version: pam-krb5-4.5
- (2011-12-01) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version pam-krb5-4.4 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-12-04 04:51:17 by John Marino | Files touched by this commit (30) |
Specify readline requirement on 30 packages
/usr/libexec/binutils225/elf/ld.gold: error: cannot find -lreadline
The missing specification is obvious on DragonFly because there's
no publically accessible version of readline in base.
| 2015-11-04 02:18:12 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (434) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for security category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package f-prot-antivirus6-fs-bin: missing distfile fp-NetBSD.x86.32-fs-6.2.3.tar.gz
Package f-prot-antivirus6-ws-bin: missing distfile fp-NetBSD.x86.32-ws-6.2.3.tar.gz
Package libidea: missing distfile libidea-0.8.2b.tar.gz
Package openssh: missing distfile openssh-7.1p1-hpn-20150822.diff.bz2
Package uvscan: missing distfile vlp4510e.tar.Z
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2012-10-23 20:17:02 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (368) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-06-17 00:15:23 by Fredrik Pettai | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
* Add an anon_fast option that attempts anonymous authentication
(generally implemented via anonymous PKINIT inside the Kerberos
library) and then, if successful, uses those credentials for FAST
armor. If fast_ccache and anon_fast are both specified, anonymous
authentication will be used as a fallback if the specified FAST ticket
cache doesn't exist. Based on patches from Yair Yarom.
* Add a user_realm option to only set the realm for unqualified user
principals. This differs from the existing realm option in that realm
also changes the default realm for authorization decisions and for
verification of credentials. Update the realm option documentation to
clarify the differences and remove incorrect information. Patch from
Roland C. Dowdeswell.
* Add a no_prompt option to suppress the PAM module's prompt for the
user's password and defer all prompting to the Kerberos library. This
allows the Kerberos library to have complete control of the prompting
process, which may be desireable if authentication mechanisms other
than password are in use. Be aware that, with this option set, the
PAM module has no control over the contents of the prompt and cannot
store the user's password in the PAM data. Based on a patch by Yair
* Add a silent option to force the module to behave as if the
application had passed in PAM_SILENT and suppress text messages and
errors from the Kerberos library. Patch from Yair Yarom.
* Add preliminary support for Kerberos trace logging via a trace option
that enables trace logging if supported by the underlying Kerberos
library. The option takes as an argument the file name to which to
log trace output. This option does not yet work with any released
version of Kerberos, but may work with the next release of MIT
* MIT Kerberos does not add a colon and space to its password prompts,
but Heimdal does. pam-krb5 previously unconditionally added a colon
and space, resulting in doubled colons with Heimdal. Work around this
inconsistency by not adding the colon and space if already present.
* Fix alt_auth_map support to preserve the realm of the authentication
identity when forming the alternate authentication principal, matching
* Document that the alt_auth_map format may contain a realm to force all
mapped principals to be in that realm. In that case, don't add the
realm of the authentication identity. Note that this can be used as a
simple way to attempt authentication in an alternate realm first and
then fall back to the local realm, although any complex attempt at
authentication in multiple realms should instead run the module
multiple times with different realm settings.
* Avoid a NULL pointer dereference if krb5_init_context fails.
* Fix initialization of time values in the module configuration on
platforms (like S/390X) where krb5_deltat is not equivalent to long.
* Close a memory leak when search_k5login is set but the user has no
* Close several memory leaks in alt_auth_map support.
* Suppress bogus error messages about unknown option for the realm
option. The option was being parsed and honored despite the error.
* Retry authentication under try_first_pass on several other errors in
addition to decrypt integrity check errors to handle a wider array of
possible "password incorrect" error messages from the KDC.
* Update to rra-c-util 4.4:
* Update to C TAP Harness 1.12:
| 2012-03-20 17:27:40 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add missing PAM buildlink
| 2012-03-19 20:31:24 by Fredrik Pettai | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
* Suppress the notice that the password is being changed because it's
expired if force_first_pass or use_first_pass is set in the password
stack, indicating that it's stacked with another module that's also
doing password changes. This is arguable, but without this change the
notification message of why the password is being changed shows up
confusingly in the middle of the password change interaction.
* Some old versions of Heimdal (0.7.2 in OpenBSD 4.9, specifically)
reportedly return KRB5KDC_ERR_KEY_EXP for accounts with expired
keys even if the supplied password is wrong. Work around this by
confirming that the PAM module can obtain tickets for kadmin/changepw
before returning a password expiration error instead of an invalid
* The location of the temporary root-owned ticket cache created during
the authentication process is now also controlled by the ccache_dir
option (but not the ccache option) rather than forced to be in /tmp.
This will allow system administrators to configure an alternative
cache directory so that pam-krb5 can continue working when /tmp is
* Report more specific errors in syslog if authorization checks (such as
.k5login checks) fail.
* Pass a NULL principal to krb5_set_password with MIT client libraries
to prefer the older change password protocol for compatibility with
older KDCs. This is not necessary on Heimdal since Heimdal's
krb5_set_password tries both protocols.
* Improve logging and authorization checks when defer_pwchange is set
and a user authenticates with an expired password.
* When probing for Kerberos libraries, always add any supplemental
libraries found to that point to the link command. This will fix
configure failures on platforms without working transitive shared
* Close some memory leaks where unparsed Kerberos principal names were
* Restructure the code to work with OpenPAM's default PAM build
machinery, which exports a struct containing module entry points
rather than public pam_sm_* functions.
* In debug logging, report symbolic names for PAM flags on PAM function
entry rather than the numeric PAM flags. This helps with automated
testing and with debugging PAM problems on different operating
* Include <krb5/krb5.h> if <krb5.h> is missing, which permits finding
the header file on NetBSD systems.
* Replace the Kerberos compatibility layer with equivalent but
better-structured code from rra-c-util 4.0.
* Avoid krb5-config and use manual library probing if --with-krb5-lib or
--with-krb5-include were given to configure. This avoids having to
point configure at a nonexistent krb5-config to override its results.
* Use PATH_KRB5_CONFIG instead of KRB5_CONFIG to locate krb5-config in
configure, to avoid a conflict with the variable used by the Kerberos
libraries to find krb5.conf.
* Change references to Kerberos v5 to just Kerberos in the documentation.
* Update to rra-c-util 4.0
* Update to C TAP Harness 1.9
| 2011-12-01 17:05:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2011-12-01 17:04:01 by Fredrik Pettai | Files touched by this commit (1) |