/osh, Port of the Sixth Edition UNIX shell
20100430nb1, Package name:
osh-20100430nb1, Maintainer: jan+nbsd
Osh is an enhanced, backward-compatible port of the original sh(1)
that was used as the standard command interpreter through Sixth
Edition UNIX. It was also distributed with Seventh Edition UNIX
as osh. Its command language is a predecessor and subset of that
found in the Bourne shell and C shell.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2010-05-07) Updated to version: osh-20100430nb1
- (2010-05-02) Updated to version: osh-20100430
- (2010-01-05) Updated to version: osh-20091218
- (2009-05-30) Updated to version: osh-20090527
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2012-09-12 01:25:10 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (26) |
"user-destdir" is default these days
| 2012-02-16 20:44:57 by Hans Rosenfeld | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Make sure the correct install tool is used.
| 2010-05-07 14:02:45 by Julio M. Merino Vidal | Files touched by this commit (20) | |
Bump PKGREVISION to reflect the recent change in pkginstall/shells to use
etcutils to update /etc/shells.
| 2010-05-02 12:31:12 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 20100430, from J.A. Neitzel in PR 43235:
1) osh globbing is now handled by the main osh process, allowing
(for example) `mkdir some_really_long_directory_name... ; cd
some*...' and globbing for other special built-in commands as well.
2) A new, osh history-file-support feature has been added to save
the user's command-line history to the user $h/.osh.history file
if/when this file exists upon shell invocation.
| 2010-01-05 12:21:42 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Fix typo in previous.
Update was ok'd by dillo@
| 2010-01-05 12:21:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 20091218, provided by J.A.Neitzel in PR 42536. Set LICENSE.
1) This update fixes a compilation problem on AIX caused by not
wrapping WCOREDUMP(s) with #ifdef WCOREDUMP ... #endif.
2) General code cleanup and rechecking w/ splint(1) reduces
unnecessary code duplication and eases future maintenance.
3) This update adds the program name to osh diagnostics (e.g.,
"osh: syntax error") for the sake of user friendliness.
| 2009-05-30 14:49:44 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update osh to 20090527, per maintainer update request by PR#41509.
Upstream changes between osh-20081213 and osh-20090527 follow:
osh bug fixes:
1) This release fixes an `echo' bug that causes `echo ""' to print an
2) It also fixes a `sigign' bug that can cause incorrect signal ignoring
behavior for subshells.
New osh features:
1) This release adds `cd' as a synonym for the `chdir' special command.
2) It also adds $m as a special parameter for the value of the MANPATH
| 2008-12-13 15:14:49 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update osh to 20081213, by maintainer's update request via PR 40157.
Upstream changes between osh-20081122 and osh-20081213 follow.
This release changes the effect of the `-v' command-line option so that,
in addition to printing non-blank command lines to the standard error,
it also prints each blank/empty command line as an empty line.
This release changes the fd2 `-e' command-line option so that it
reflects the documented behavior. For example, this change causes
invocation of `fd2 -ef file command' to redirect both conventional
output and diagnostic output from "command" to "file".