/rc, Unix incarnation of the plan9 shell
1.7nb1, Package name:
rc-1.7nb1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
rc - a unix version of the Plan-9 Shell.
See the end of the man page, under "INCOMPATIBILITIES" for (known?)
differences from the "real" rc. Most of these changes were necessary
to get rc to work in a reasonable fashion on a real (i.e., commercial,
non-Labs) UNIX system; a few were changes motivated by concern
about some inadequacies in the original design.
This shell was written by Byron Rakitzis, but kudos go to Paul
Haahr for letting me know what a shell should do and for contributing
certain bits and pieces to rc (notably the limits code, print.c,
most of which.c and the backquote redirection code).
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2010-05-07) Updated to version: rc-1.7nb1
- (2008-04-07) Updated to version: rc-1.7
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version rc-1.6nb1 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)