/htop, Enhanced version of top utility
2.0.2, Package name:
htop-2.0.2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
This is htop, an interactive process viewer.
Comparison between 'htop' and 'top'
* In 'htop' you can scroll the list vertically and horizontally
to see all processes and full command lines.
* In 'top' you are subject to a delay for each unassigned
key you press (especially annoying when multi-key escape
sequences are triggered by accident).
* 'htop' starts faster ('top' seems to collect data for a while
before displaying anything).
* In 'htop' you don't need to type the process number to
kill a process, in 'top' you do.
* In 'htop' you don't need to type the process number or
the priority value to renice a process, in 'top' you do.
* In 'htop' you can kill multiple processes at once.
* 'top' is older, hence, more tested.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-07-22) Updated to version: htop-2.0.2
- (2016-05-06) Updated to version: htop-2.0.1nb1
- (2016-05-06) Updated to version: htop-2.0.1
- (2015-08-18) Updated to version: htop-1.0.1nb1
- (2012-03-21) Updated to version: htop-1.0.1
- (2011-08-06) Updated to version: htop-0.9
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-07-22 07:45:06 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Reset PKGREVISION after update.
| 2016-07-22 07:30:58 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update sysutils/htop to 2.0.2
Mac OS X: stop trying when task_for_pid fails for a process, stops spamming logs \
Add Ctrl+A and Ctrl+E to go to beginning and end of line
FreeBSD: fixes for CPU calculation (thanks to Tim Creech, Andy Pilate)
Usability: auto-follow process after a search.
Use Linux backend on GNU Hurd
Improvement for reproducible builds.
BUGFIX: Fix behavior of Alt-key combinations (thanks to Kang-Che Sung)
Various code tweaks and cleanups (thanks to Kang-Che Sung)
| 2016-05-06 18:00:47 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Restore SmartOS support. Bump PKGREVISION.
| 2016-05-06 11:04:17 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
Updated htop to 2.0.1.
Update to 2.0.0 from coypu in wip, updated by myself to 2.0.1.
What's new in version 2.0.1
* OpenBSD: Various fixes and improvements
(thanks to Michael McConville and Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado)
* FreeBSD: fix CPU and memory readings
(thanks to Tim Creech, Hung-Yi Chen, Bernard Spil, Greg V)
* FreeBSD: add battery support
(thanks to Greg V)
* Linux: Retain last-obtained name of a zombie process
* Mac OS X: Improve portability for OS X versions
(thanks to Michael Klein)
* Mac OS X: Fix reading command-line arguments and basename
* Mac OS X: Fix process state information
* Mac OS X: Fix tree view collapsing/expanding
* Mac OS X: Fix tree organization
* Mac OS X: Fix memory accounting
* Fix crash when emptying a column of meters
* Make Esc key more responsive
* Plus assorted fixes
What's new in version 2.0.0
* Platform abstraction layer
* Initial FreeBSD support
* Initial Mac OS X support
(thanks to David Hunt)
* Swap meter for Mac OSX
(thanks to Ștefan Rusu)
* OpenBSD port
(thanks to Michael McConville)
* FreeBSD support improvements
(thanks to Martin Misuth)
* Support for NCurses 6 ABI, including mouse wheel support
* Much improved mouse responsiveness
* Process environment variables screen
(thanks to Michael Klein)
* Higher-resolution UTF-8 based Graph mode
(Thanks to James Hall from vtop for the idea!)
* Show program path settings
(thanks to Tobias Geerinckx-Rice)
* BUGFIX: Fix crash when scrolling an empty filtered list.
* Use dynamic units for text display, and several fixes
(thanks to Christian Hesse)
* BUGFIX: fix error caused by overflow in usertime calculation.
(thanks to Patrick Marlier)
* Catch all memory allocation errors
(thanks to Michael McConville for the push)
* Several tweaks and bugfixes
(See the Git log for details and contributors!)
| 2015-11-04 02:32:42 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (499) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for sysutils category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package memconf distfile memconf-2.16/memconf.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package dc-tools: missing distfile dc-tools/abs0-dc-burn-netbsd-1.5-0-gae55ec9
Package ipw-firmware: missing distfile ipw2100-fw-1.2.tgz
Package iwi-firmware: missing distfile ipw2200-fw-2.3.tgz
Package nvnet: missing distfile nvnet-netbsd-src-20050620.tgz
Package syslog-ng: missing distfile syslog-ng-3.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-08-20 15:38:25 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Enable build on SunOS if /system/lxproc is available.
| 2015-08-17 19:11:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (178) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for ncurses shlib bump.
| 2012-10-23 21:51:39 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (447) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.