/pwgen, Generate pronounceable passwords
2.07, Package name:
pwgen-2.07, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
pwgen generates passwords which can be easily memorized by humans,
while being as secure as possible.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-01-16) Updated to version: pwgen-2.07
- (2007-11-10) Updated to version: pwgen-2.06
- (2007-10-13) Updated to version: pwgen-2.06
- (2006-10-24) Updated to version: pwgen-2.05
- (2005-10-16) Updated to version: pwgen-2.04
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version pwgen-2.03 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-04 02:32:42 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (499) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for sysutils category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package memconf distfile memconf-2.16/memconf.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package dc-tools: missing distfile dc-tools/abs0-dc-burn-netbsd-1.5-0-gae55ec9
Package ipw-firmware: missing distfile ipw2100-fw-1.2.tgz
Package iwi-firmware: missing distfile ipw2200-fw-2.3.tgz
Package nvnet: missing distfile nvnet-netbsd-src-20050620.tgz
Package syslog-ng: missing distfile syslog-ng-3.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-01-16 12:41:00 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.07:
* Remove backwards compatibility for no-tty mode. Addresses
CVE-2013-4440 (Closes: #725507)
* Fail hard if /dev/urandom and /dev/random are not available.
Addresses CVE-2013-4442 and Launchpad #1183213 (Closes: #767008)
* Fix pwgen -B so that it doesn't accidentally generate passwords with
ambiguous characters after changing the case of some letters.
Addresses Launchpad Bugs #638418 and #1349863
* Fix potential portability bug on architectures where unsgined ints
are not 4 bytes long
| 2012-10-23 21:51:39 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (447) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-04-16 00:01:05 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (64) |
Reset maintainer, developer has left the building
| 2008-06-12 04:14:58 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1134) |
Add DESTDIR support.
| 2006-10-23 22:03:23 by Jaromir Dolecek | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update pwgen to 2.05.
Changes since 2.04:
* pwgen.1: Fix spelling mistakes in the man page (Addresses Debian
* pwgen.c (main): Fix bug which would cause pwgen to loop forever
if the password length specified is 1.
Adresses PR pkg/34334 by Martin Wilke
| 2005-10-16 14:59:14 by Jaromir Dolecek | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update pwgen to 2.04.
Changes since 2.03:
* pw_phonemes.c (pw_phonemes): Allow one or more capital letters
and one or more digits in the generated passwords.
(Addresses Debian Bug: #182595)
* pwgen.1: Explain that human-memorable passwords are vulnerable
to off-line brute force attacks. (Addresses Debian Bug:
* pwgen.c, pwgen.h, pw_rand.c, pwgen.1: Make -A and -0 aliases to
--no-capitalize and --no-numerals, and make those options
work when --secure is specified.
* pwgen.c, pwgen.h, pw_rand.c, pw_phonemes.c, pwgen.c: Add support
for the --symbols/-y option, which adds special characters
to the generated password. (Addresses Debian Bug: #154561)
* pwgen.c: Add -H, --sha1 option, to allow computing reproducible
passwords, given a known file, and a known seed.
(ie: pwgen -H ~/email@example.com gives me
a list of possibles passwords for my pop3 account, and I can
ask this list again and again). Feature suggested and
implemented by Olivier Guerrier <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Fix obvious spelling typo in pwgen.1. (Addresses Debian Bug
PR: 30714 by Leonard Schmidt
| 2005-02-24 14:41:00 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (190) |
Add RMD160 digests.