/mdocml, Convert man pages from mdoc, man, and tbl to txt, html, ps, or pdf
1.12.3nb1, Package name:
mdocml-1.12.3nb1, Maintainer: kristaps
The mdocml = mandoc manual page parser and formatter contains:
* complete validating parsers for the mdoc and man languages
* a slightly incomplete parser handling most of the tbl language
* a very incomplete parser handling a part of the eqn language
* support for a few selected roff requests that often occur in manuals
* complete ASCII, UTF8, HTML and XHTML text output formatters
* simple PostScript and PDF output formatters
* output formatters producing indented mdoc and man parse trees
To format manuals for console display, it can be used as a smaller
and faster drop-in replacement for nroff -mandoc. Some rare manuals
using lots of uncommon low-level roff requests may not work with
mandoc but require a full roff implementation.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-01-06) Updated to version: mdocml-1.12.3nb1
- (2013-12-31) Updated to version: mdocml-1.12.3
- (2013-10-05) Updated to version: mdocml-1.12.2
- (2013-09-12) Updated to version: mdocml-1.12.0nb3
- (2012-10-22) Updated to version: mdocml-1.12.0nb2
- (2012-01-18) Updated to version: mdocml-1.12.0nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-03-23 16:06:06 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add equivalency to mdocml so pkglocate has a hit here.
| 2014-03-19 22:48:54 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Sort. From Kai-Uwe Eckhardt.
| 2014-01-06 18:43:50 by Tim Zingelman | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Solaris, Mingw32 & OS X prior to 10.7 are missing strnlen, so provide an
implementation. Sent request for similar fix upstream.
| 2013-12-31 12:06:30 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
Update to 1.12.3:
Changes in version 1.12.3, released on December 31, 2013
* In the mdoc(7) SYNOPSIS, line breaks and hanging indentation
now work correctly for .Fo/.Fa/.Fc and .Fn blocks.
Thanks to Franco Fichtner for doing part of the work.
* The mdoc(7) .Bk macro got some addititonal bugfixes.
* In mdoc(7) macro arguments, double quotes can now be quoted
by doubling them, just like in man(7).
Thanks to Tsugutomo ENAMI for the patch.
* At the end of man(7) macro lines, end-of-sentence spacing
now works. Thanks to Franco Fichtner for the patch.
* For backward compatibility, the man(7) parser now supports the
man-ext .UR/.UE (uniform resource identifier) block macros.
* The man(7) parser now handles closing blocks that are not open
* The man(7) parser now ignores blank lines right after .SH and .SS.
* In the man(7) formatter, reset indentation when leaving a block,
not just when entering the next one.
* The roff(7) .nr request now supports incrementing and decrementing
number registers and stops parsing the number right before the
first non-digit character.
* The roff(7) parser now supports the alternative escape sequence
syntax \C'uXXXX' for Unicode characters.
* The roff(7) parser now parses and ignores the .fam (font family)
and .hw (hyphenation points) requests and the \d and \u escape
* The roff(7) manual got a new ESCAPE SEQUENCE REFERENCE.
| 2013-12-29 20:26:36 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix build under Mac OS X.
| 2013-12-29 20:19:03 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Fix build under Solaris (10?) by providing implementations of strcasestr(3)
and strsep(3) taken from NetBSD.
| 2013-10-11 16:45:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (8) |
Fix build on SunOS. Parts of the patches from Ingo Schwarze.
| 2013-10-06 17:48:42 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (4) |
Try fixing the SunOS build, from Ingo Schwarze (upstream).