/afflib, Advanced Forensic Format library
1.6.31, Package name:
afflib-1.6.31, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
The Advanced Forensic Format --- AFF(tm) --- is an extensible open
format for the storage of disk images and related forensic
- Open format, free from any patent or license restriction.
Can be used with both open-source and proprietary forensic tools.
- Extensible. Any amount of metadata can be encoded in AFF files in the
format of name/value pairs.
- Efficient. AFF supports both compression and seeking within
- Open Source C/C++ Implementation. A freely redistributable C/C++
implementation including the AFF Library and basic conversion tools
is available for download. AFFLIB(tm) is being distributed under the BSD
license, allowing it to be incorporated in free and proprietary
programs without the need to pay license fees.
- Byte-order independent. AFFLib has been tested on both Intel and
PowerPC-based systems. Images created on one platform can be read on
- Automatic calculation and storage of MD5 and SHA-1 hash codes,
allowing AFF files to be automatically validated after they are
copied to check for accidentally corruption.
- Explicit identification of sectors that could not be read from the
- Planned support for digital signatures and direct authoring of AFF
files using dd_recover.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-20) Updated to version: afflib-1.6.31
- (2016-01-23) Package has been reborn
- (2016-01-21) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-09-07) Package has been reborn
- (2015-09-07) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-06-03) Package has been reborn
CVS history: (Expand)