/snark, BitTorrent application suite in Java
0.5, Package name:
snark-0.5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Snark is a client for downloading and sharing files distributed with the
BitTorrent protocol. It is mainly used for exploring the BitTorrent protocol
and experimenting with the the GNU Compiler for Java (gcj). But it can also
be used as a regular BitTorrent Client.
Snark can also act as a torrent creator, micro http server for delivering
metainfo.torrent files and has an integrated Tracker for making sharing of
files as easy as possible.
When given the option --share Snark will automatically create a .torrent
file, start a very simple webserver to distribute the metainfo.torrent file
and a local tracker that other BitTorrent clients can connect to.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-01-23) Package has been reborn
- (2016-01-21) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-09-07) Package has been reborn
- (2015-09-07) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2015-06-03) Package has been reborn
- (2015-06-03) Package deleted from pkgsrc
CVS history: (Expand)