/bitlbee, IRC to other chat networks gateway
3.4.1nb1, Package name:
bitlbee-3.4.1nb1, Maintainer: tonio
bitlbee is an IRC gateway to other chat networks. It provides an IRC server
where users connect to and have access to all their contacts in ICQ, MSN,
Jabber or even IRC itself. Protocols are implemented using Gaim's code.
Multiple users are supported too, where each one has its own set of accounts
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-19) Updated to version: bitlbee-3.4.1nb1
- (2015-08-28) Updated to version: bitlbee-3.4.1
- (2015-08-24) Updated to version: bitlbee-3.2.2nb1
- (2014-11-20) Updated to version: bitlbee-3.2.2
- (2014-01-01) Updated to version: bitlbee-3.2nb2
- (2013-07-12) Updated to version: bitlbee-3.2nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-09-19 15:04:29 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (147) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for gnutls shlib major bump.
| 2015-12-23 13:38:37 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Newer xmlto insists on using elinks as links, which in turn fails when
building as root. Sidestep both by depending on w3m instead.
| 2015-12-12 00:34:04 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Tell xmlto where links is.
| 2015-11-03 02:20:26 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (119) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for chat category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these /distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-08-27 23:58:42 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 3.4.1, provided by Frédéric Fauberteau in PR 50181:
* Upgraded protocol to MSNP21, works again (dx)
* Contact list management, groupchats and skype username logins won't work.
* Add "hipchat" protocol, for smoother login. Takes the same username as
the official client. Note that unlike the 'hip-cat' branch, this doesn't
preload channels. https://wiki.bitlbee.org/HowtoHipchat for details (dx)
* Fixed a bug when receiving topics set by people who left the channel (dx)
* Create fake users instead of showing "unknown participant" errors (dx)
* Gmail mail notifications support (Artem Savkov)
* Lowering xmpp presence priority on away (Artem Savkov)
* Show quoted tweets/RTs with comment inline (wilmer)
* Added "url" command, can be used to quote tweets (wilmer)
* Make replies to self work (wilmer)
- Building documentation is now done with a python script (both 2.x/3.x work)
Asciidoc/xsltproc/xmlto are no longer build dependencies (dx)
Finished 16 Jun 2015
- First release pretty much fully prepared by dx instead of Wilmer. Just look
at the tightly structured changelog!
- Main repository migrated from bzr to git
- Some API/ABI changes. Recompiling third party plugins is required!
- Important bugfixes:
* Fix memory leak when calling word_wrap() on groupchat messages (dx)
* Fix segfault after a file transfer is complete (dx)
* Fix bug where NSS would refuse to work in forkdaemon mode (dx)
* Fix several bugs with UTF8 nicks (dx)
* Fix some nasty deadlocks that appared mostly with libpurple (dx)
- General changes:
* Add a 'pattern' parameter to the blist command, to filter it (tribut)
* Implemented /kick support, only supported by purple for now (jgeboski)
* Add a "special" state to show_users (mapped to the % prefix) (jgeboski)
* Improved support for cygwin, openbsd and darwin (jcopenha)
* Create temporary users instead of showing "Message from unknown
* Local contact lists for gadugadu and whatsapp (dx)
* Add topic and name_hint to groupchats (seirl)
* Support for 'input' requests (such as telegram auth codes) (seirl)
Note that telegram-purple itself is rather unstable ATM, it may crash.
* Handle compressed DNS responses in SRV lookup (jcopenha)
* Fix case sensitivity issues with JIDs (GRMrGecko, dx)
* Implement XEP-0203 style message timestamps (dx)
* Fix "Server claims your JID is X instead of Y" warnings (dx)
* Account-wide display_name setting, mostly for hipchat (dx)
* Filter channels. Search by keyword/hashtag or a list of users (jgeboski)
* Fix bug in "reply" command which removed the first quote character (dx)
* Add "rawreply" command, like reply but bitlbee won't add @mention \
* Add support for The United States of America (favorite/fav aliases) (dx)
* Default show_old_mentions to 0 (dx)
* Start stream from last tweet on connect/reconnect (roger)
* Disabled module by default. The protocol we used (MSNP18) stopped working
last week. This is being worked on, but it's far from ready for release.
- And lots of small bugfixes, too many to list here.
Finished 25 Mar 2015
| 2015-08-23 16:30:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (125) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for nettle shlib major bump.
| 2014-11-20 09:38:59 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
- The OTR plugin now uses libotr 4.0 (AKA libotr5 in debian based distros)
- Rejecting buddy requests in jabber won't accept them. Sorry for that.
- Purple builds can now enable built in protocols when configuring, by
passing a parameter such as --jabber=1 to configure
- You can now use /oper to change passwords with "ac x set -del password"
- Complex unicode characters (non-BMP) now display correctly in twitter.
- A few init / build script / pkg-config fixes. Added "install-systemd"
Finished 5 Jul 2014
- Most important change: http_client updated to use HTTP/1.1, now required
- fill_by setting can now be used to fill a channel contacts *not* in a
certain group/on a certain account/etc. See "help set fill_by"
- Added utf8_nicks setting which lets you use non-ASCII nicknames for your
contacts. Might not work with all IRC clients, use at your own risk!
- Lots of bugfixes.
Finished 27 Nov 2013
| 2014-03-11 15:05:19 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (350) |
Remove example rc.d scripts from PLISTs.
These are now handled dynamically if INIT_SYSTEM is set to "rc.d", or