/adodb, Active Data Objects Data Base for php
4.96anb2, Package name:
adodb-4.96anb2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
ADOdb stands for Active Data Objects Data Base. It currently supports MySQL,
PostgreSQL, Interbase, Informix, Oracle, MS SQL 7, Foxpro, Access, ADO, Sybase,
DB2 and generic ODBC. The Sybase, Informix and PostgreSQL drivers are community
contributions. We hope more people will contribute drivers to support more
Unique Features of ADOdb
- Easy for Windows programmers to understand. Makes porting ASP code to PHP
easy because many of the conventions are similar to Microsoft's ADO.
- We provide support code to handle inserts and updates which can be adapted
to multiple databases quickly. Methods are provided for date handling,
string concatenation and string quoting characters for differing databases.
- A metatype system is built in so that we can figure out that types such as
CHAR, TEXT and STRING are equivalent in different databases.
- Easy to port because all the database dependent code are stored in stub
functions. You do not need to port the core logic of the classes.
- SQL to popup menu (<SELECT>) support included
- PHP4 Session support.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-03-16) Updated to version: adodb-4.96anb2
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2011-09-18) Updated to version: adodb-4.96anb1
- (2007-12-08) Updated to version: adodb-4.96a
- (2007-11-25) Updated to version: adodb-4.96a
CVS history: (Expand)